Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandpoint City Of Adventure Updated page 8

Comments

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited January 2011
    Normally, I'm a *wordy* person but looking at your update all that is springing to mind is "Wow!", just "Wow!"! :lol: The families you plan for the world sound like they are going to be most creative.
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    THis looks really nice! All your lots seem pretty creative and well built. Its clear that you're putting a lot of time and effort into your world.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2011
    DOLLDRMS1 Cheers for you nice comments, the families are to add a little spice to the world, I hope to include them in the uploaded version, if possible.

happyjme Not sure how many hours so far, due a long break from building, but I hope to have something completed ny the end of the month.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was not 100% sure about this when I started to revamp the town area, but there was a few things I was not happy with, the first was the town looked to green, I wanted add more concrete area's and I did not like the way some of the buildings I had used would fade from view when the camera would get close to the buildings.

So I've started to tweak and redesign the central part of the world, this is how far I've got so far, see what you think:-

Screenshot-76.jpg
    Screenshot-2-44.jpg
    Screenshot-3-36.jpg
    Screenshot-4-32.jpg

I still need to tweak the lots and include the finishing touches to the area, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I like the way the town looks more than before.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Some new pictures of the world I'm currently building:-

Screenshot-5-29.jpg

Screenshot-7-25.jpg

Screenshot-9-24.jpg

Screenshot-10-18.jpg

Screenshot-13-21.jpg

I've made the town area more concrete looking, less green.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Glad to see an update. I was just wondering today how Sand Point was progressing. :)

Since downtown areas aren't usually very green, the tweaking seems in order. The last 2 pics look awfully dark to me and I was reminded of having to get away from the first version of Exotic World because the nights were excessively dark. However, since that was something you rectified with version 2, most likely I can't get a good grasp since I'm looking at pics rather than actually being in the world.

I am still really looking forward to playing this world. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm currently not over concerned about the lighting, the last two pics where taken from the editor and few seconds after sunset, the street lights had not cast out the light yet, so game terms this would be the transition stage into night. Of course the lighting will be tested prior to release, I don't want the same thing that happened to the first version of exotic world to happen to this world.

I've got nearly a full day to work on this world today, so I hope to make some more progress in building this world, I'm still in hope of releasing something in the first or second week of February.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Zzzzz

Slow going this building a world stuff, everything seems to take forever and just when you nearly complete something you find another 20 things that need doing. Plus I've run out of music, I need music to build, I've played every song on my computer so this is a major problem. :oops:

I've come up with the conclusion, next time I pay somebody else to build me a world :lol:

Anyway here some of the latest pics,the area north east of the town, that contains the old volcano and mine, the person with the eagle eyes might spot the road tunnel, I'm currently having problems with this and with probable not be featured in the end result:-

Screenshot-6-24.jpg
    Screenshot-7-26.jpg

Screenshot-3-37.jpg
    Screenshot-4-33.jpg

Screenshot-10-19.jpg
    Screenshot-9-25.jpg
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2011
    WOW! and I LOVE the concept - you are doing a great job!

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2011
    Love your pictures. Your world looks absolutely amazing. One quick question. I noticed that your poor test sim bit the proverbial dust, so to speak, after exploring - I believe - your volcano. Could be wrong about the location. I often am. Anyway, my sims tend to be on the mentally challenged side of the coin. How many test sims met their ends while making this wonderful world? Would just like to know, so that I can enroll mine in some remedial tomb exploration 101, prior to downloading your lovely world - once it becomes available. I figure if I get them started now, maybe one or two may live to see another day in your world!
    BTW, thanks for all the updates. You're doing a terrific job!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How many test sims met their ends while making this wonderful world?

That's a tricky question to answer, so here are two answers, I would say 4, this number would be the number of Sims that have died due to poor play, 2 of them fell foul to starvation, one of them died in a swimming pool and the last was fire. Right the second answer, hidden in the world is a nasty trap that requires two sims to complete, you do get some warning prior to entering this zone I'm not that nasty, but if you enter the area with one sim, you can still complete the dungeon area if you don't do anything wrong, but should you mess up, unless you have a way of teleporting you can kiss the sim goodbye. This trap required about 10 test sims to get it working correctly, so you can include them in the total if you wish. :twisted:

The secrets of the world and hidden dungeons areas are only designed to be side plot of the world, I've tried to include every aspect of each EP released so far, so from ambitions you need to blow stuff up to gain access to the better of the two junkyards in the world. From Nightlife the world will play like a city so you will get the food trucks and taxi.

Cheers for the feedback. :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :shock: die in a tomb? LOL, I've had WA since it came out and haven't completed anything but the Discovery tomb. I took a premade sim from Niua Simoa that kiwi_tea put in the world with the mummy's curse to Egypt to visit the Sphinx to be cured and totally missed finding the soulpeace statue :oops: Tombs be not my strong point :lol:

Oh dear, the music problem is dire. Have you tried humming? :lol: I would offer to hum for you but am not at all sure you would find it much better than white noise.

I did indeed chuckle about hiring someone next time around. I immediately had visions of you standing over their shoulder directing every move to ensure the world was up to your standards. I'm not sure you would be better off :lol:

For the more serious comment, you may think things are progressing slowly but from my outside view it looks like your making steady, awesome progress. As always, the updates continue to serve as teasers for what is to come. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Stw402 wrote:
    How many test sims met their ends while making this wonderful world?

That's a tricky question to answer, so here are two answers, I would say 4, this number would be the number of Sims that have died due to poor play, 2 of them fell foul to starvation, one of them died in a swimming pool and the last was fire. Right the second answer, hidden in the world is a nasty trap that requires two sims to complete, you do get some warning prior to entering this zone I'm not that nasty, but if you enter the area with one sim, you can still complete the dungeon area if you don't do anything wrong, but should you mess up, unless you have a way of teleporting you can kiss the sim goodbye. This trap required about 10 test sims to get it working correctly, so you can include them in the total if you wish. :twisted:

The secrets of the world and hidden dungeons areas are only designed to be side plot of the world, I've tried to include every aspect of each EP released so far, so from ambitions you need to blow stuff up to gain access to the better of the two junkyards in the world. From Nightlife the world will play like a city so you will get the food trucks and taxes.

Cheers for the feedback. :mrgreen:

Well, I guess it's remedial tomb exploration 101 for my sims! The blowing up part will be no problem, as I have a mad inventor-type who just loves blowing up things! Blew up a drumset one time, while its sim was still playing it. Then, calmly picked up the scrap, while she stood there crying. Is currently living on Moon Base Delta, after having blown up most of his hometown, Twinbrooks. Had about $150,000 in fines. So, blowing up stuff is good - as far as my sim, Fletcher is concerned! Will enroll him in some tomb classes - along with Envie-42's simdroid, Annie. Together. they should manage your "surprises." Am really looking forward to your world. Now, off to class for my sims!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    die in a tomb? LOL, I've had WA since it came out and haven't completed anything but the Discovery tomb. I took a premade sim from Niua Simoa that kiwi_tea put in the world with the mummy's curse to Egypt to visit the Sphinx to be cured and totally missed finding the soulpeace statue Tombs be not my strong point

Not to worry the the test Sims are dieing for you, without me testing stuff your Sims will die instead, think of it like this the test Sims are taking the bullet for your Sims. On a serious note, most of the locations are more like mini unlocking stuff, interesting things to explore, you will need to delve very deep into the world to find the more tricky stuff.
    Oh dear, the music problem is dire. Have you tried humming? I would offer to hum for you but am not at all sure you would find it much better than white noise.

I'm down to music vids from you tube, so it's not all bad.
    the updates continue to serve as teasers for what is to come.
    Well I give you big hint for what I will be building this Sunday
    Barbie's 3-Story Dream Townhouse, yes it will be pink, I wanted a flash house for the number one celebrity to relax in the big city. :oops: :lol:

ctx43801 - I will make sure you have plenty of stuff to blow up, I'm great fan of blowing stuff up, perhaps you can share a few pics when you have complete destroyed most of the town with your sims from Moon Base Delta :lol: .

Considering I've just finished section 7 of this world, I will show the completed area of the world, I've currently got 1 last section to complete before I make the Sims for the world:-

Screenshot-4-34.jpg

I did a little redesign of this area, I added a second mine lot on the lower region. What is a little special about this mine is that it as a mine shaft that runs down the side of the mountain, so you can travel up down the mountain using the lift from nightlife.
    Screenshot-3-38.jpg

Screenshot-2-45.jpg

So the world stands about 80% complete, I would like to say the world will be in the final testing stages in the next few weeks, a release will follow.

Screenshot-5-30.jpg

Cheers for your support so far. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    <<What is a little special about this mine is that it as a mine shaft that runs down the side of the mountain, so you can travel up down the mountain using the lift from nightlife.>>

What a creative idea! Another WOW update 8)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks DD .

I'm just thankful the end is in sight, anyway back to Magicka, sorry I mean building the world.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow, can't wait to see the final version :!:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Many thanks Sneakfeline0 :D

A little update

Back in my past in the Sims 2 era, I perhaps did a little building from time to time, I often enjoyed a challenge be that blood splattered horror house, or just a simple dome. But one thing I did enjoy was trying to recreate the feeling of a building and me with a 5 year daughter who loves Barbi, Barbie Pink Dream Townhouse was born.

This house will be available in Sandpoint as a celebrity house, but you don't need to wait until then the release of the world, this special little house will be available on my web-page in the next few days, If you work for EA store it will only cost 1,000 Sim-points, it's free for everybody else :D .

Screenshot-12-18.jpg
    Screenshot-16-18.jpg
    Screenshot-10-20.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Love the townhouse and the real life LOL your comment brought about. :lol:
  • Options
    BFenstyBFensty Posts: 68
    edited January 2011
    Can I go a little off topic and ask where you got the Disney font on the first page of the thread
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited January 2011
    Looks just spectacular. I love how detailed and unique your worlds are.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Love Barbie's house! Actually, the sim who had her drumset blown up by my other sim, Fletcher - while she was still playing it - was a middle-aged Barbie. (I grew up, playing with her too, as a little girl!) Anyway, in my game, after she dumped Ken at the altar, for GI Joe, she lost her contract with Mattel. Seems they didn't think she was a good role model. Who knew running off with the man from Hasbro would tick off her boss!! Then, GI Joe dumped her for Mike Power - Atomic Man! Poor Barbie! Drowned her sorrows with cheap rum and chocolates. Packed on the pounds, and is currently living in a shanty in Twinbrooks. Not even her former BFF, Midge, will have anything to do with her. Her drumset was her last hope of regaining her lost celebrity. (Not that she actually knew how to play it.) And now it's just a pile of scrap!
    Anyway, will definitely move her into your world. Maybe move an older Ken into the mansion, with some cute little blonde, and let Barbie stand outside the gates.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks DD
    Can I go a little off topic and ask where you got the Disney font on the first page of the thread

I can't actual remember where I picked that up from, I'm sure it was some free to share site. It was made back in 2002, anyway here is a download link:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?g9hj6i148k91vwj
    Looks just spectacular. I love how detailed and unique your worlds are.

:oops: Many thanks :mrgreen:

ctx43801 Sounds like a hell of a story, I can tell you, if time allows I will be making Kens Townhouse, he will live next door, so it should be set up for some drama.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow Stw. This world looks awesome. You are such a creative and talented building. So cool your use of the elevator for the mine :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Many thanks soocoolsim
    :mrgreen:

Update
    If anybody would like to get the hands on the Barbie Pink 3 Story Townhouse, which will be featured in sandpoint alpha version, this special version of the house is available on my webpage.

complete.png

Download link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3709889#