Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandpoint City Of Adventure Updated page 8

Comments

• ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2010
    It's really taking shape, beautiful, innovative work as always Stw.
  • SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited October 2010
    I would probably be going for the "Director's Cut" version myself. I love how you did the sea and lighting for your previous world and the ONLY reason I don't play it regularly is because of the motion sickness problem I got in it. Your pictures of this world with the custom settings and sea are breathtaking!
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Many thanks guys, everything in this world is coming together nicely.

Here we go, I understand many people don't like the adventure idea in world adventures, that is fine by me, but I hope to make you change your mind, just a little.

So here is a one of the eye candy tombs that will be used in the world, it's not yet completed, it's based inside a old fire Crater, that the good people at the science building have been dumping chemical waste:-

Oh my god, my sim needs to be fast in this dungeon, look at that smoke:
    Screenshot-5-27.jpg

That's better, but this place looks hot
    Screenshot-72.jpg

This is not looking good
    Screenshot-3-32.jpg

I better make a run for it again
    Screenshot-4-28.jpg

I'm in trouble, all them chemicals and fire, it's not looking good
    Screenshot-2-40.jpg

BANG
    Screenshot-6-21.jpg

Oh well another dead sim, but he went out in style
    Screenshot-7-23.jpg
    edited October 2010
    I've not stopped this project, I will be restarting work on this project shortly after the France World is completed.

A new update and new pics to follow.

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited November 2010
    I ran down this thread this morning because I was wondering if you had the chance to get back to the project. I didn't see anything other than the deluxe version of the French world posted last I checked, either and hope everything is okay with you.
    edited December 2010
    Over 2 months and no progress to report, I've been working and designing a mod for another game.

Anyway this week I started to do some work on Sand point and full preview will follow:-

Screenshot-74.jpg

Screenshot-3-34.jpg

Screenshot-2-42.jpg

You can see I've updated the world for the new ep.

I hope to release the world in January.

edited December 2010
    Hey Stw, I wondered what had become of you. Glad to see you popping up again. :D
    edited December 2010
    How nice to see an update to this thread and know you have just been busy elsewhere.

Your new pics are beautiful. I still look forward to the release of this world whenever you feel it is ready.
    edited December 2010
    Thanks, It's nice to work on something that I can actual see developing not just numbers on a database( A long story)

Anyway a full update for viewing:-

When I first started this world I split the world into 8 sections, I did this so I would first not get bogged down in work, I could have a break after eacj section was completed, tthis would keep me fresh when designing the world.

Anyway I've just completed section 5 and tested the world ingame, here are the pics from the testing-

A small hidden Island contains the dome, if you can find the way to dome the treasures are yours for the taking.
    Screenshot-8-26.jpg

Test sim having a break
    Screenshot-6-23.jpg

Screenshot-10-16.jpg

Screenshot-17-10.jpg

Screenshot-15-14.jpg

Screenshot-18-11.jpg

The volcano dungeon is fun to play, but it's just ready to explode
    Screenshot-5-28.jpg

Is that a giant robot cat to hide the robot fish?
    Screenshot-11-21.jpg

Screenshot-13-19.jpg

Screenshot-16-17.jpg

Under the volcano
    Screenshot-4-30.jpg

Screenshot-14-14.jpg

Screenshot-9-23.jpg

Please I'm only a test sim
    Screenshot-12-16.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Very nice pics! Looks like your decision to work in sections was a good plan. From the confidence with which you are sharing pics, I would imagine your testing is going well. Maybe not for the sim in the last pic, though :) I won't ask about the numbers in a database :lol:
    edited December 2010
    Cheers I wanted to do it in sections, just to split up the work load, I did plan to have this all completed before xmas, but the mod I was working on did take forever to make.

The testing of the world went OK, I found 9 minor errors, which I will be fixing soon.

I'm about to start the next section, probable late Monday night, I would imagine this part of the world will take about a week, if not less to complete, it's not as detailed as the other area's of the world, more background stuff and few fishing areas. The next update will follow this.

Oh and Happy Xmas and new year :oops:
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited December 2010
    So glad to see you again Stw!

I've really missed you're input.

Hope you and your family had a good holiday season. :mrgreen:
    edited December 2010
    I, too, hope you and your loved ones are having a great Holiday Season! Goodness, it's so hard to believe we are getting ready to start a new year. 2010 just flew by!
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey Stw! Good to see you again. I hope you have a great New Year.

edited December 2010
    auntielynds I hope you also had a great xmas, I think enjoyed Christmas, but it past so fast and I got savaged by a dog, got nasty bite mark up my arm. Stupid people leaving dogs off leads at least the police got him. ]

DOLLDRMS1 Many thanks I hope you have a great xmas and new year!!!

DarkMirage Great banner by the way, I've been playing Dragon age, One of the best RPG games around, anyway have a great xmas and new year!
    edited January 2011
    It's hard work making worlds, made a start on the north side of the world:-

(Photo from the caw ingame editor)

You can see how much I still have to design in this world, the south side of the world contains a golf course, it still needs some tweaking, but you can see the shape of the green. I've started to design a river that cascades down from the mountain area and ends in a waterfall. I'm currently planing to run a path around this river that will end in some of the better spawners of the world, your only enemy of getting them spawners will be the length of time it takes you to travel to the top of the mountain area.

Screenshot-3-35.jpg

Screenshot-2-43.jpg

Screenshot-75.jpg

Screenshot-4-31.jpg

edited January 2011
    Looks amazing, Stw!
    edited January 2011
    It looks wonderful! Thank you for the update.
  • naturelover101naturelover101 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2011
    What fog emmiter code did you use to make those sparkely balls of light in that dome on that island :?:
    edited January 2011
    Many thanks :mrgreen:
    What fog emmiter code did you use to make those sparkely balls of light in that dome on that island

That is not a fog emitter, it's the will O' Wisp spawner, from Nightlife Ep, I hope that helps.

edited January 2011
    Some more pictures of the world:-

Screenshot-11-22.jpg

Screenshot-10-17.jpg

Screenshot-12-17.jpg
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad to see you back Stw I was wondering why you went so quiet. Your World looks amazing and I can't wait to see it finished, hope you had a good Xmas.
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad to see you back Stw I was wondering why you went so quiet. Your World looks amazing and I can't wait to see it finished, hope you had a good Xmas.

I had a great xmas , many thanks, I have had busy time of things recently thou. I hope you had a good xmas also. :mrgreen:

NEW PREVIEW

The world is coming along very nicely, I'm pretty happy with the result of the world so far, I do plan to do some more tweaking inside some of the lots around the town area, plus I've started to design the sims for the world.

The world will feature 8 different family's split up around the world, seven of the family's will be based around the 7 deadly sins, and the 8th family will be based around the opposite of each sin, it should make for some interesting relationship trauma's.

The sky color is still open to change
    Screenshot-10-17.jpg

Many area's in the world are designed for you to explore
    Screenshot-11-22.jpg

Looks like the science lab have been dumping chemical X in the volcano again
    Screenshot-29-4.jpg

This area will be fenced in the finished world
    Screenshot-25-7.jpg

Screenshot-23-8.jpg

The world contains all the new bar types from NL
    Screenshot-22-9.jpg

Screenshot-20-14.jpg

Screenshot-15-15.jpg

Screenshot-14-15.jpg

Screenshot-13-20.jpg

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2011
    Squeals excitedly, " Amazing"! what more can I say?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited January 2011
    Stw402 wrote:
    Looks like the science lab have been dumping chemical X in the volcano again
    Screenshot-29-4.jpg

This is very creative! I love your description of this picture, I got a good chuckle out of it.