Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A meteor hit base camp!

In Egypt. It was awesome. :D

Luckily I got my sim out of the way just in time, but it happened just before the trip ended, so I had to send another sim back to clean up. The whole kitchen/sitting area was destroyed.
Gallery ID: LDM2

Comments

• YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited September 2010
    No Kidding! I only ever had a meteor strike once and that hit the hospital in Twinbrook. I don't suppose you thought to take pics did you?? :D
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited September 2010
    No, I'm really bad about taking pics. It was my first meteor strike, so it took me by surprise. Plus I was trying to get my sim away from the flames. I had plans for him, and didn't want him killed yet.
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have played SO many hundreds of hours of Sims 3 and I've yet to see a single meteor strike. Lucky?
  • OswulfOswulf Posts: 18
    edited September 2010
    Meteor struck the second-story balcony of my house, wiping out a few items. I was pretty confused for a while.

If you're watching through a telescope, meteors fall in the neighborhood a lot, though.
  • _dre__dre_ Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2010
    I haven't had a single meteor hit either. =[
    I'm waiting patiently though.. Lol
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited September 2010
    I've had only one meteor strike (and NO earthquakes-what's up with that?). It was at the Academy in Shang Simla-yours sounds much cooler.
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I have played SO many hundreds of hours of Sims 3 and I've yet to see a single meteor strike. Lucky?

They were added with Ambitions, I don't think you'd get them without the expansion installed.
    I've had only one meteor strike (and NO earthquakes-what's up with that?). It was at the Academy in Shang Simla-yours sounds much cooler.

I've only had one earthquake and no meteor strikes :). I'm fairly sure that you can only get earthquakes if you have a sim in the Firefighter career (they might also have to be at or near the top level) and it means they'll have a bit of work ahead of them for that day :).
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited September 2010
    Smeelia, I was starting to wonder about that, since it does seem to be firefighter related-emergency cleanup and all that.

My latest family has just produced generation 3-1st generation could only do stuff available in the original game, 2nd gen has gotten to go on adventures, now maybe the 3rd generation (when he grows up) will be a firefighter and I'll test that theory!
  • kakakellykakakelly Posts: 1,176 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Meteors can hit in World Adventures? Thaaaat has never happened to me..

AND earthquakes?! Why isn't this happening to me?
  • nym1997nym1997 Posts: 2,963 New Member
    edited September 2010
    kakakelly wrote:

AND earthquakes?! Why isn't this happening to me?
    its with ambitions
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited September 2010
    kakakelly wrote:

Apparantly they can, lol.

I'm just glad it hit in WA and not at home, and that it was one of my single sims, and not one of my families. I wouldn't have been a happy camper if that had happened.
  • airlineguy62airlineguy62 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2013
    My wife was kickboxing in China when the darkness came over and I rushed her to the parking lot when it hit. I got an awesome photo.
  • elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited March 2013

I've never had it hit in a Vacation world, but in Sunset Valley. I had a Grandmother and her 2 Grand kids (1 teen girl and 1 todler girl). the kids lived with their grandmother (something happened to their parents, but I can't remember). One afternoon late- after school, the grandmother put the toddler in the crib to sleep, so she and her older grand child could work in their Veggie garden the next moment there came a HUGE BLACK SHADOW (Meteor), but I did'nt know. So I just watched to see what would happen..KABOOM!! The Whole house shook and the Grandmother and older grand child died instantly in a Huge explotion..The sweet toddler kept on sleeping until the Lady from the adoption agency took her away..lol. That was so funny... :lol:

The Second time it happened to me, was a guy that looked through the telescope and saw something, a warning came up that only said: "move out of the way"or something like that. IO was so stupid I did'nt let him move out of the way and KABOOM!! A BIG chunk of his house was on fire, and he died instantly by meteor,ha,ha.. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • RoseTRoseT Posts: 1 New Member
    My couple were fishing in Shang Simla and doing really really! Levelled up loads and was catching awesome fish when they wanted to stop to watch a meteor. I thought it would be kinda cool so I cancelled them fishing to watch (never having experienced a meteor in Sims 3 yet). Next thing I know it landed on top of both of them and they're mourning each other! Thank God I'd saved just before I went fishing as I was on day 6! Came and and went back in again and went straight home!