Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Fast Lane Gas Station

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured that simmers who just bought FL would be most interested.

Here is a little gas station for your neighborhood. The lot size is 20x15 and I call it Crazy Al's Got Gas:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3078266

Here's a picture:

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/kristen408/Gas Station/Screenshot-394.jpg "width=500"[/IMG]

It has four parking spots, two at the gas pumps so they look like they're filling up. Inside is a WA food register. Hope you enjoy it!

Comments

• Hello_KittyHello_Kitty Posts: 4,571 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I Like It!!! I will deffo add to my game =D I Have rec'd and Added to Fave's I will download Later. :3
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow... this is really cute!

I had an idea about making a gas station, but I just couldn't think how to execute it properly... now I don't have to worry about that.

I rec and downloaded it, thanks! :D
  • Spooky72Spooky72 Posts: 373 Member
    edited September 2010
    I love it and will be adding it!

I just had to explain to the other people in the room that when I said "Awww that's so cute!", I was referring to a gas station.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I like it. It's cute. :P

I just finished my gas station when I got Fast Lane. I built the gas station a while ago and all it was waiting for was gas pumps, I'm so happy it is finished.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Rec'd and added to my favourites. :P
  • Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the recommendations you guys! I worked on it all day, so I'm glad you like it!
  • blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited September 2010
    Rec'd, favorited, downloaded. Nice work! It looks like you put a lot of time into it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great idea op.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2010
    Spooky72 wrote:

I just had to explain to the other people in the room that when I said "Awww that's so cute!", I was referring to a gas station.

LOL!!! I so love the reaction on peoples faces when they see a simmer in "action" LOL

Love the gas station by the way!
  • SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited September 2010
    Spooky72 wrote:

Love when moments like this happen, and people look at you as if you're crazy after you explain what you we're 'Awww-ing' about. :D
  • dhamminahdhamminah Posts: 211 New Member
    edited September 2010
    nice work,thanks
  • Rachel580Rachel580 Posts: 133 Member
    edited September 2010
    That's awesome! :D
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited September 2010
    That rocks. Now I don't know why I'm waiting for Late Night to get this SP. I made a little shop like this for the gas station that came with one of the Eco-friendly cars but it wasn't functional. If cars can really gas up its way better. Do I spy the Fanta Fridge in there?
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited September 2010
    Do cars 'gas up' at the pumps or are they just decorative?

Very nice creation off to give you a rec
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited September 2010
    That's really nice!.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2010
    Ok .Thats really weird.I posted and it came out as anonymous!.
    edited September 2010
    Do cars 'gas up' at the pumps or are they just decorative?

Very nice creation off to give you a rec

Thanks for the rec!

Unfortunately, they don't gas up. The pumps are just decorative. I marked the lot as a "hang out" though, so it seems to get a lot of visitors when I play it in my neighborhood. If sims bring their cars, they park by the pumps as if they're filling up. I like the way it looks when a bunch of cars are on the lot. But the pumps are completely decorative.

Let me see if I can find a screen shot with cars. Here is one:

Screenshot-398-1.jpg

And another:

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/kristen408/Gas Station/Screenshot-386.jpg "width=512"[/IMG]
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2010
    That's cool that they park by the pumps!.
  • plum_bobby220plum_bobby220 Posts: 293 New Member
    edited September 2010
    that looks great, rec

I've never bought a stuff pack before but i think this will be the first.

Off topic: what does this stuff pack offer
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2010
    This is amazing! Thanks for the heads up!
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2010
    Just got it. I my Island folks need a homey little station for their vehicles. Sent a rec. Love it. Thanx
  • DJDazzaDJDazza Posts: 48 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Very neat Downloaded and recommended thnx:D
  • SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited September 2010
    very nice it rly looks like a nrml gas pump station :D
  • LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2010
    I just bought, and am downloading FL... This should be a welcome addition to my towns, and would also like to share an optional download that I use...

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411865
    In the Sims 2 one of my favorite custom content objects was the invisible driveway, and I really missed it in the Sims 3. I have been using Nandonalts Semi-Invisible Parking Space since it was uploaded. But when I saw Buzzler's VanishingObject Scripts upload it started my wheels spinning. So following Buzzler's simple instructions I created these. I hope you enjoy them as much as me.

To use these invisible parking spaces you will need to have the latest version of Buzzler's Vanishing Objects script installed. If you already had it installed prior to this upload you will need to re-download and reinstall it. Prior versions did not have the Parking Space classes added, so these won't work.

This upload includes the regular parking space for cars, trucks, SUVs, vans and motorcycles as well as the large parking space for FIre Trucks.

These can be found in the buy catalog right next to their visible counterparts, and cost the same as the visible ones. §150

To use the Large Invisible parking space you will need to have the Ambitions EP installed. I'm not sure but I would think that the regular parking space should work with the base game. If someone could confirm this it would be appreciated.

Once installed place the parking space where you want it and enter the Live mode. Click on the parking space and the visibility menu will pop up. If it doesn't pop up you either didn't place the right parking space or don't have the latest script mod installed.

These will only be invisible in Live mode. If you enter the Buy or Build mode they will reappear so you can delete or move them.

To save on comments from observant people; yes I know there is a sign post at the end of the driveway at the Fire Station, I placed the lot and took the pictures just for this upload.

I've read some things on the forums here where people don't trust third-party add-ons.. but MTS2 has been an awesome, and very stable place for me to get add-ons. They're tested to work, and the creators are willing to help with any issues you might have... (I only say that because I really hate that people miss out on so much awesome stuff due to 'fears.') :oops:

Anyway... thanks for the gas station! It looks amazing!

Peace
    edited September 2010
    I just bought, and am downloading FL... This should be a welcome addition to my towns, and would also like to share an optional download that I use...

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411865

Thanks for the tip about invisible driveways! I think I had some in TS2, and as I built the gas station I was thinking how "hmmm those would be really nice right now."