Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simpoints?

Does anyone know if Late Night is going to come with simpoints the way World Adventures did? I think it's a good marketing idea to encourage people to buy it, and I know it would also help people who can't seem to buy simpoints online. So I'm hoping we get some :)

Comments

• Options
    bradrigobradrigo Posts: 1,495 New Member
    edited September 2010
    im not buying it if it dosent. its getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2010
    I really hope so. I want that punk set in the store.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited September 2010
    bradrigo wrote:

Same here too
  • Options
    fedeogfedeog Posts: 80
    edited September 2010
    bradrigo wrote:

if you're just buying the game for the simpoints, why don't you buy simpoints bundle then?...

Anyway, I hope it cames with simpoints, they are very useful.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited September 2010
    I doubt it since they didn't do it in Ambitions.
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited September 2010
    fedeog wrote:
    bradrigo wrote:

if you're just buying the game for the simpoints, why don't you buy simpoints bundle then?...

lol I know right. If your only interested in the points just buy the points and skip the game.

I hope it comes with simpoints to but if it doesn't I won't be ticked off enough not to buy the game cause I like what the game is bringing to the table.

• Options
    ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I hope so, too, but no one knows for sure right now... Sorry.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2010
    Sure would be nice if they brought them back. I've noticed a lot of gifting, and have even recieved some, I'd love to be able to do some as well.
  • Options
    plumchumplumchum Posts: 376
    edited September 2010
    i want it so i can buy barnacal bay
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited September 2010
    I really hope so. I want that punk set in the store.

Me too! I like that set. I could use that to create some of my more urban and retro Sims.
    I am going to try and get it soon. But there is a hair the store is advertising in the Hair section and its not in any of the sets or individual shopping areas. I really want that hair!
  • Options
    SitheseParadoxSitheseParadox Posts: 52 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Considering as how the base game and its EP, World Adventures, came with Simpoints, I would not be surprised if Late Night came with them anyway.

plumchum wrote:
    i want it so i can buy barnacal bay

I don't think Barnacle Bay will cost you anything, plumchum. :) It would be suicide for EA to make a "Simpoint-exclusive" world, both for their popularity rating and for the idea of exclusion. People will just rip Barnacle off of the store and upload it upon the exchange and other sites if EA decided to make such a sleazy move.
  • Options
    HaileyHailey Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yea you do have to buy barnacle bay :( its something like 1,800 points i think...
  • Options
    spartan012spartan012 Posts: 253
    edited September 2010
    I would buy the EP no matter what. Sadly, i don't have a credit card. Otherwise, i would not mind buying the simpoints bundle. And i don't think that they are going to give simpoints anymore. :(
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Opmystik wrote:
    fedeog wrote:
    bradrigo wrote:

lol I know right. If your only interested in the points just buy the points and skip the game.

I hope it comes with simpoints to but if it doesn't I won't be ticked off enough not to buy the game cause I like what the game is bringing to the table.
    Some people can't get simpoints like that or it's extremely expensive to. Like me, my parents will by me the game for holidays or my birthday, but would refuse to buy me stuff from the store, and I have no time to get a job for extra money. There are also people who don't want to use a credit card/don't have paypal, and can't go out and buy simpoint cards.

As for not buying the game because it doesn't have simpoints, that's a bit extreme, but I really hope it has simpoints as well. But if it doesn't, then it should be $10 cheaper, IMO. :/

Still getting LN though. 8D
  • Options
    thedancingcarrotthedancingcarrot Posts: 63
    edited September 2010
    I hope that it does, it would make more than one simmer happy :mrgreen: . But yeah, I would still buy it if they didn't. I am able to buy points online but hey, it'll save my parents a buck or two. :wink: I am still hoarding my points from the base game. :lol:
  • Options
    jewely13jewely13 Posts: 968 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I hope so.
    It's not like it really costs them anything, and I love that extra punch.
  • Options
    TurnerSims3TurnerSims3 Posts: 12,123 Member
    edited September 2010
    jewely13 wrote:
    I hope so.

Exactly. It takes them what, one hour or whatever to make all kinds of furniture, and they don't give you simpoints in a EP?!? Like what you said, it doesn't hurt them to give it out for free- they probably are rich for all the money we give them for like one hair style. I understand what bradrigo said about him not buying it if it doesn't- we're not going to pay 40 bucks on one little expansion- just giving us simpoints makes us want to buy it for sure. Like, I bought the High End loft stuff pack thinking it came with simpoints, but I was wrong. 20 bucks wasted for just some furniture. If I had studied a little more I would have never bought it, but now it is too late.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you have plenty of money, and enjoy the sims, they go ahead and buy all the eps, even if they don't have free simpoints. And if you don't have too much money, then don't get yourself wrapped up in EA's expensive games that keep on making you want more... :wink:
  • Options
    legosim12legosim12 Posts: 542 Member
    edited September 2010
    jewely13 wrote:
    I hope so.

Exactly. It takes them what, one hour or whatever to make all kinds of furniture, and they don't give you simpoints in a EP?!? Like what you said, it doesn't hurt them to give it out for free- they probably are rich for all the money we give them for like one hair style. I understand what bradrigo said about him not buying it if it doesn't- we're not going to pay 40 bucks on one little expansion- just giving us simpoints makes us want to buy it for sure. Like, I bought the High End loft stuff pack thinking it came with simpoints, but I was wrong. 20 bucks wasted for just some furniture. If I had studied a little more I would have never bought it, but now it is too late.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you have plenty of money, and enjoy the sims, they go ahead and buy all the eps, even if they don't have free simpoints. And if you don't have too much money, then don't get yourself wrapped up in EA's expensive games that keep on making you want more... :wink:

I Agree 90% but now days Ea has given us exclusive content for download only

Yay 100th post!!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited September 2010
    I don't care if it does or doesn't come with simpoints to be honest. I don't really buy anything from the store unless it's free anyway.
  • Options
    pugger64pugger64 Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2010
    I don't care if it does or doesn't come with simpoints to be honest. I don't really buy anything from the store unless it's free anyway.
    same :)
  • Options
    AnnWagnerplayerAnnWagnerplayer Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2010
    If you want sim points, and you have a Wal Mart in your city they are in the electronics department, along with other game point cards. $10.00 for 1000 sim points.
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited September 2010
    If you want sim points, and you have a Wal Mart in your city they are in the electronics department, along with other game point cards. $10.00 for 1000 sim points.
    Not really. I bought the $20 card once from Wal-Mart and only got about 1960 points and it showed the rest of the points were deducted as sales tax. What a rip off that was
  • Options
    plum_bobby220plum_bobby220 Posts: 293 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I want sim points as well

off topic here but after late night Im only intending to buy the pets expansion unless there is a really cool expansion that comes out I'll still follow the expansions for all the news but probably wont buy any.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited September 2010
    I doubt they'll include sim points, they didn't with ambitions, its too bad though as a lot of people cant buy them
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    LAWRENCE43566LAWRENCE43566 Posts: 298
    edited September 2010
    Vermatrix wrote:
    Not really. I bought the $20 card once from Wal-Mart and only got about 1960 points and it showed the rest of the points were deducted as sales tax. What a rip off that was
    One Problemo with your theorys ONLY AMERICA HAS WAL MART IM AN AUSTRALIAN AND we dont have any in Australia (unfortunately) :( :x :x :x But still i dont care about Custom Content its just New Furniture but i think they should have 1000 simpoints in the game free it doesnt cost ea anything