Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Foot in the Grave

I'm in the Disc Authentication Error camp, and I just figured I would rant here.

This is hard for me to say, bu it's time move past PCs, and on to consoles. I've been a PC gamer since the mid 80s (heck, I even had a Commodore 64). I played all the LucasArts greats. I played Half Life. I played C&C. And, of course, I've played The Sims and all their packs.

That said, I'm also a 360 owner. I'm sure a few of you are as well (or maybe PS3). We went out and bought a system that cost around $400, and we are GUARANTEED to be able to play any game that is released for our system. No disc authentication error. No system altering crashes. No "You are playing a pirated version." Now, to many PC gamers, console gamers are "heathens" or "mouth breathers" or whatever else you want to call us. But, as E3 has demonstrated, we are the future. EA needs to realize this. The Sims is the biggest selling game franchise of all time, it's time to move on to where the real money is. If EA went to MS/Sony and said, "Do you want the Sims 3 on your system? We don't mean a pared down version like "Pets" or "Castaway" but the real deal" those companies would come unglued trying to make it happen. Not to mention they'd be selling systems left and right.

I guess my point is made out of frustration. We don't see debacles like this in the console industry, and if we do, they are remedied. I mean seriously, if your PC goes down, can you send it in for FREE to get fixed, like I do with my 360? Not a chance.

For those of you wih PCs, sure they should still make the Sims on PC. But it's time to move on to where the real mass audience is. Rant over.