Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Xiomara - (formerly) nameless ice planet winners are: Drowssap, Evalen, ABKS3, & Remmo - see pg. 2

Winners announced on page 2

Hello simmers! Now that my work on Via Discovolo is coming to a close, I've begun a new world! It is a planet in a galaxy far from Earth, populated by an advanced alien species. However, this species hold on the planet has been threatened after another species' ship crashed into the planet. Furthermore, humans have recently sent a shuttle to the planet and set up a camp. However, neither the first species' city, the alien species' nor the planet have a name! My task to you is to name these things. Please read the descriptions of each before offering names. If I decide to use your name, I will give you a gift of up to 50 simpoints. The world is only in its primary stages, but here are some photos:

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/968/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

The crash site of the space ship of the second alien species.
[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/921/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

The human base camp.
[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/916/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/910/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/898/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

The site of the city of the alien species native to this planet.
[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/885/134/006/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

Things for you to name. Pick as few or as many to enter names for as you want, and enter as many times as you want. If I choose your name, you will get a 50 simpoint gift for it. You can win multiple times if you come up with great names, and will get rewarded multiple times. Good luck! :D

-The planet, a planet covered with ice and rock.

-The alien species native to the planet. They are pale blue and live in a bustling metropolis on the planet.

-The bustling metropolis mentioned above, to be located in the area shown in the final picture above.

-The alien species whose ship crashed into the planet. They were forced to flee from a planet near a sun that was about to explode. They are heat loving beings, and have been forced to adapt to the cold new climate.

Just so you know, it is a possibility that I won't pick anyone's name. However, I'm hoping that I will find some great names through this.

Comments

• MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited August 2010
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't know why, But Uma Field came to my mind when seeing this world? :P
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2010
    Goodness, this looks like an intricate project.

I'll have to give some thought to names, just for the fun of it :)
  • spartan012spartan012 Posts: 253
    edited August 2010
    This might sound lame, but how about Halo. As in from the halo franchise where humans crash on this planet and they have to fight the aliens on it? Just my 2 cents worth.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited August 2010
    thats a mighty fine looking world! very detailed painting too :shock:

i think a X name 8) a name starting with X
    i googled a few

Xylon
    Xerxes
    Xiomara

i have no idea how they are pronounced, apparently they are in different languages and mean some different kinds of forests
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2010
    Omega Outpost Alpha

which indicates from the end of things a new beginning - Omega is the end and Alpha is the beginning.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• soccergirl1996soccergirl1996 Posts: 382
    edited August 2010
    It looks like one of Jupiter's moons umm I think its Europa here's a pic
    europa.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MarahGMarahG Posts: 1,387 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow! This world is unlike any that I've seen, it's so beautifully sculpted.
    Can't think of any names though.
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Some great names coming in so far! Drowssap, actually, I just used autopaint for the terrain painting. It produced a good effect and saved quite a bit of time. :P
    edited August 2010
    Blah! Double Post.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hehe, my hubby peeked over my shoulder and said Xanadu!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited August 2010
    Planet name: MazaBopp
    Maza what? Meaningless, but stands out. Important in a forum crammed with worlds!

Native aliens: The M'Bopp
    These blue guys are funky, they like to party and chill out. Maybe technophobes, and not happy about thye arrival of the Hakk.

Stranded aliens: The Hakk
    I don't know why, but I think they should all have evil traits and be thorough baddies :twisted: So they need a baddie name. Computer wizzes, the lot of them, and keen to steel your e-cash!

The humans: Perhaps family names from major spacefairing nations, an American one, Russian, Chinese. Be interesting to see which nationalities survive your brave new world.
  • RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited August 2010
    I love the suspended buildings, totally cool and original. I've never seen anything like it before :thumbup:
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2010
    Okay, guess I've lost it. LOL, I wrote a whole story for your world. If nothing else, I hope you find it entertaining.

Sim Story:

When the Icelandic volcano, Eyjafjallajokul, erupted in the year 3410, there were actually large chunks of the earth's inner core that made their way into space. Floating through space for eons, they were finally transformed into what an earthling would consider an inhospitable land mass. Who could have possibly known
    that brewing during the terraforming of ice and rock was a new species, the Seismicatrons, occupants of Seismicatron.

Of course, it was an earthling who bestowed the name upon them. The forces of nature pushed this new world close to the earth, almost as though the land wished to
    return to the planet from which it came. Probes were launched by humans to obtain Seismicatron data. When the results indicated the world had actually spawned life, a team was formed to travel there for research. It had been many years since space travel had been attempted because humans had come to the conclusion they were the only living species. Indeed, there was only one operable shuttle located in Via Discovolo.

How wrong they had been and this had to be studied. Travel to Seismicatron would take place, with some of the most brilliant minds on Earth forming the investigative body. What the crew and passengers of the Buona Fortuna shuttle didn't know is that they would encounter not just one new species but two. They were going to need that buona fortuna, *good luck*, to establish relations with two alien species. For you
    see, following the destruction of their homeworld, a heat loving race found themselves stranded in the frigid climate of Seismicatron. The Hiti Elskhugi, heat
    lovers, as they came to be known, were struggling to survive and adapt to such a cold climate.

The human scientists hope to bring all factions together in Eldgos, home city of the Seismicatrons. Ironically, Eldgos translates to mean volcanic eruption in the
    Icelandic language. My, how things come full circle.

How will the three species get along? Only time will tell.

Edit to add don't know why some weird space returns on post. Don't see them in what I typed, lol.
  • NpisvajNpisvaj Posts: 729 Member
    edited August 2010
    Vanilla-Hill =)
  • xmenchick05xmenchick05 Posts: 568 New Member
    edited August 2010
    it should be Hoth like star wars
  • ClawswpClawswp Posts: 470 New Member
    edited August 2010
    this looks really awesome i dont have any names but it does look really good!
  • debralee1968debralee1968 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure what to name it but that is awesome! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2010
    Thanks! This is going to be a tough one to judge! :D
  • HolzibellHolzibell Posts: 1,092
    edited August 2010
    how about....
    magnum opus?
  • ABKS3ABKS3 Posts: 2,035
    edited August 2010
    World Name: Nevario
    The Metropolis Name: Pientro
    The First Species Name: Nevazul(s)
    The Second Species Name: Calijo(s)

And just in case you want a world name for the second species for like the sims story: Calimar

I got these names from spanish words:
    Nevar=snow
    Frio=cold
    Piedra=rock
    Centro=center
    Azul=blue
    Caliente=hot
    Rojo=red
    Quemar=burn

Hope you like my name suggestions!!!! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2010
    Great names everyone!

You can submit your entries through Friday of this week and I'll plan on picking the winning names on Saturday. Keep the names coming!
  • KickRamoneKickRamone Posts: 302 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Ulveridoren it is an English phrase somewhat translated from Norwegian (not that I speak Norwegian) and condensed into one word.

The phrase being "Wolves at the door"

I kind of favored Ulvidoren better, but I think that gets the translation even more off than it already is.
    edited August 2010
    Last chance to enter! Hurry!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not sure if you will like these, but here goes

The Planet (Ashen-Glacier) meaning blue ice)

The city (Assurra) meaning blue

The people (Kyanos) blue

Now the Aliens

From the planet (Zuvan) warmed by the sun

The people (Shonas) sun
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Great world, I like the name Icemark, based on the lords of midnight game back in the 80s.