Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't download the Vintage or European sports cars for TS3CE.

AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
I purchased a copy of TS3CE for my Mac, and when I try to redeem my Vintage and European sports cars I continually get errors.

Before I even installed the game I ran Software Update to bring my machine up to OS X 10.5.7 (from 10.5.6) and did a permissions repair--in fact, I did two of them.

I installed TS3CE and attempted to download both of my cars, but both gave me the same message that said something to the effect of "download unavailable," and to basically try again later.

After that, I logged out of Thesims3.com and emptied my cache and reset Safari. Now when I try to download my Vintage Sports Car (I haven't tried the European one yet,) a window pops up asking me if I have the TS3 launcher installed, I click on "Yes" and nothing happens. If I click on "My item did not install" it shows me the launcher, which still doesn't have my sports car. If I click on the green "X" in Safari, it tells me that my sports car has been downloaded, even though it hasn't.

Am I simply unable to download my Vintage and European sports cars using OS X?

My system specs are as follows:
Mac Pro
Dual 3.2Ghz Intel Xeon "Penryn/Harpertown" quad-core processors (8-cores total)
Mac OS X 10.5.7
Pioneer DVD-116 Superdrive
Four 1TB Hard Drives in two RAID-1 arrays (Game is installed on the same array as Mac OS X)\
Mac Pro RAID Card
16GB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX 5600 graphics card w/1.5GB RAM (Well above the specs of the minimum supported cards.)

Any and all help is appreciated; thank you in advance for your time. Finally, I wasn't sure whether to label this "technical" or "Mac," because most of the posts in the technical forum are Windows-related and refer to accessing the dxDiag file, which I'm not even sure is possible on a Mac. (Unless one is running Windows via Boot Camp.)

EDIT:

This is the exact message that I get from thesims3.com/preorder
Oops! (Green "X" across from "Oops!")
In order to download this item, you need to have the Game Launcher Installed.
Yes, I have the Game Launcher installed

No, I do not have the Game Launcher installed

If your item did not download, click here.

(Big green "OK" button here)

Again, if anyone knows what's going on here, I'd appreciate your assistance; I figured the actual message I'm getting might be helpful, which is why I added it. As far as the launcher goes, I'm staring at it right now.

EDIT #2: I just tried closing and reopening the launcher, resetting Safari again, and now I'm getting this error message in the launcher:
There was an error Downloading Content OFB-SIM3:15892
("OK" button here)
On thesims3.com/preorder it says "Congradulations!" and tells me I've successfully redeemed my code, even though there's still nothing in the launcher. What's more, I just tried to redeem my Sim points, and even though I supposedly have done so, I still have "0 SimPoints" in the store, even though I haven't purchased anything yet.