Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★ The Sims 3 Enterprise expansion pack - Increasing the community aspect of the Sims 3 and more

The Sims 3 Enterprise expansion pack

One of the major aspects of the Sims has been viewing your Sim going through the journey of life. What better way to expand on this than to expand on the open world by adding shops and connecting neighborhoods (as subhoods) wile adding a little extra value to just about every other expansion pack we bought.

The Sims 3 Enterprise is all about expanding on all of those cool community aspects such as a sponsored barbecue every once and a while or that local concert in the park. Why not be able to take both ends of both the average Sim and the shop keeper, after all somebody has to pay for it. Similar to that of the Sims 2 Open for Business you are able to run a shop in much the same manner. You can hire a friend, sell objects, and most importantly, make cash. Let's move on to some of the features.

As mentioned, you can enjoy being able to get out of the house and have fun with your town, or take that to your advantage to make a few bucks, or even both.

Beginning with the average Sim's perspective, you have a lot of options. You'll have more options and more opportunities to work on your Job (and not in a rabbithole). For a Sim working in the Medical, the Political, Teacher (if you have ambitions) careers, you'll be rewarded and possibly promoted for convincing your local shop owner to create a fundraiser. Setting up before hand is a must (you'll have a choice of several options such as a raffle for a prize, local barbecue, or a simple special sale at the store for a purpose), but when it's all in operation, you can either have fun with the crowd or work at a stand for a little extra reward. Other Sims may add to the experience by bringing their talents and playing for tips. If you are a rockstar, you may also grab a sponsor and hold an event as well. Sims who become close friend with a local shop keeper might become fortunate enough to be asked for a higher paying job there than usual or even inherit it (if the Sim chooses to do so). This brings us to the next portion of this expansion pack.

Owning a business can be a profitable thing to do. You'll have to put in a little effort but you'll reek with rewards if you do it just right. Whether your path of choice will lead to reward of cash or other special secrets, or a little of both will be up to you.

Back to the actual owning of an enterprise, you do have choices. You can become a land lord and rent houses (apartments if you have Late Night/ Vacation homes if you have World Adventures). All three require little maintenance. To top that off, you when the tenet leaves, you might revive a special suprise. Who knows what that surprise could be: it could be a roach infestation, a gift for being a great landlord, or something else)

Owning an actual shop is the other thing you could do to owning a business. Put your talents to use and open something you do best. You can open a repair shop where you fix broken objects that Sims bring in or open a corner coffee store that makes some unique treats, (a laundromat or pawn shop if you have Ambitions/ night club if you have Late Night/ a Winery if you have World Adventures), or just a regular shop which sells just about anything from build or buy mode. As this would be a a fairly big expansion already, I wouldn't expect the ability to run a restaurant. You can still be hopeful though that EA includes restaurants in another EP so this may become a possibility.

I won't go into depth on running a business as it would run much the same as it did in the Sims 2 aside from a few things. Too boost up business you will be able to adverse on billboards, in the news paper, and even on TV. You would also be able to sponsor events or host a sale mentioned a few sections above. Also, not every customer is the same, some may be more inclined to purchase certain items dependent on their traits and may be willing pay pay more for that item. Tourists from other towns and World Adventures have a more lenient budget so the price of an item doesn't matter as much.

Ok, now that the features have been explained, it's time to move onto objects and other stuff.

The idea of subhoods not only allows you to move your Sim to another neighborhood without all of the losses of starting a new game but also expands your world. No longer are you stuck in one town, you can visit or move to another neighborhood. Simmers who just want to stay in one neighborhood can and don't have to face the annoying reality of loosing all properties and friends when they move to whatever the new expansion pack's town they like. So the question remains; will all of these towns lag my computer? The answer is no. since running a seamless world can already put strain on your computer, there is little reason to put an extra load on your computer to run a town you are currently not playing. Although other worlds don't run, there is no reason to not have anything to make make it unnoticeable. Every now and then, you might find someone from out of town roaming around. Sims who move out of your town might end up in a different neighborhoods and Sims there might end up in yours. It's not completely seemliness but it adds a little more feeling that your Sim's world is vibrant.

Now we move onto the question of what happens to rabbitholes. Not all rabbitholes open up. The only one that actually does is the Book store. Just like a skyscraper in Late Night or a pyramid in World Adventures. Both the bookstore and the grocery shop would just turn into a shell and the actual content within would be like a store. In the back, of the store, there would be a required rabbithole room for those extra unneeded Sims who would have a part time job. Sims who work at the building routinely rotate in and out of the rabbithole room to work at the register, restock, or tidy up. If the restaurant rabbitholes were to open up for this pack, they would function similarly with the rabbithole room.

Just like World Adventures, the build and buy mode would not expand much or the Sim. The Sims 3 Enterprise would instead focus on the store and reward items since there wouldn't be enough room to fit so much content into one EP. (I know I'm pushing the limit already) However, like so many other things, that doesn't mean they can't be cool. In build mode why not add revolving, or automatic sliding doors, or even include a metal detector to keep looters from stealing your goods.

Opportunities are inevitable but they do add something to do. Such opportunities include being asked if you want to help sponsor an event, a job opportunity pops up for premium wage, you inherit a property from a friend.

I hope you thought this was a great idea, and I'd appreciate if you added in some of your own comments and ideas as well.

Comments

• Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow awesome ideas Walde95, But the sub-hoods would be kind of hard to process as you would need to make each and every neighborhood seamless.
    I would be cool though.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow awesome ideas Walde95, But the sub-hoods would be kind of hard to process as you would need to make each and every neighborhood seamless.
    I would be cool though.

Thanks, but I'm not sure if you got what I was saying.
    Just like destinations in World Adventures, subhoods do not run when you are not playing them. Only the neighborhood you are currently playing would actually be running. In that sense, the Sim's world is not seamless, only the town is seamless. But as mentioned before, that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a little intervention between towns.
  • Options
    byrleys1byrleys1 Posts: 126
    edited August 2010
    This is a very detailed and great idea.

Walden95, you should pass by my thread (and anyone else who likes his idea). We have some similar ideas and I think they would mesh well together. I have thought up the idea for a credit/debt system. This would assist those whom want to start that new buisness, but have little cash flow.

Also, I love the idea of being a land lord/slum lord. This could open up a whole new career path: Real Estate. Realtor, Loan Officer, Broker, exc.

In my thread I mention that the game has little challenge. After a few generations the game becomes boring. If we had life challenges to spice things up, like some of the infestations...exc, you had mentioned. That would really help.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    byrleys1 wrote:
    This is a very detailed and great idea.

Walden95, you should pass by my thread (and anyone else who likes his idea). We have some similar ideas and I think they would mesh well together. I have thought up the idea for a credit/debt system. This would assist those whom want to start that new buisness, but have little cash flow.

Also, I love the idea of being a land lord/slum lord. This could open up a whole new career path: Real Estate. Realtor, Loan Officer, Broker, exc.

In my thread I mention that the game has little challenge. After a few generations the game becomes boring. If we had life challenges to spice things up, like some of the infestations...exc, you had mentioned. That would really help.

Yes, I always disliked having to cheat to start up a business right away. To be able to take out loans from a bank would have been the perfect solution. Eventhough it had already been mentioned a thousand times before, I had actually thought about that and much of the content in this thread back when the game was just released in this thread. Of course some of the ideas were a bit ridiculous because none of use had a clue of how the game engine worked or even how the town was put together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [update: Slight addition to how a business runs]
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like a good idea however I think that well in randoms things can happen unexptedly like Food poisioning, if the sim who is making hotdogs at the event isn't up to level, people become ill after the show and an aritcle in the paper mentions you and your business and to get your buisness runing again you have to attend cookery classes.

Another interuption might be that the speakers blow up and everyone runs away and the firefighters put it out, you have to refund everyone or promote a free event, where you hire an electican or handyman to keep an eye on the equipment.

however if the event goes well, the paper will praise you.

To having a shop, you have mystery shoppers asking you questions and you can get a praise in the local paper.
    However if you don't help the mystery shopper they will make you attend customer service classes.

Just a thought and if there were random experiences mentioned about or ones other people can come up the game would be very interesting.
  • Options
    ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sounds pretty cool.
  • Options
    VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I like your idea very much :)
  • Options
    ABEERKHANABEERKHAN Posts: 3,204 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Great idea Walden. But this EP is same as the Sims 2 open for buisness. And ambitions is all about careers and your idea isn't a big change.
  • Options
    byrleys1byrleys1 Posts: 126
    edited January 2011
    I disagree ABEERKHAN. This idea could expand the game way further and bring a new challenge to the game. Ambitions simply added new jobs and careers. Walden95's idea and my idea (link listed below)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/201927.page#3201941

will allow you to not only buy the building, but run the shop (like in TS2:OFB). Also we would be able to buy houses/apartments and rent them out, be a landlord. In my idea I offer a way to introduce credit/debt to the game. Allowing one to further your sims spending capabilities.