Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW crashing on high end computers? Solution now obsolete,latest CAW has it active by default

2...Next

Comments

• betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited December 2011
    geminiagre- remember the other day when I said that I didn't like you over at your community lot guide thread? Well this totally changed my thoughts! Thank you so much! I can actually use CAW now!
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2011
    No prob Betty, you are welcome :)
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited March 2012
    O.
    M.
    G.

Thankyou! I don't care if this is an old thread. I'm digging it up, who cares. Thankyou! Seriously! last year i began work on a HUGE world, i actually bothered to learn how to add the distant terrain objects, did some incredibly detailed terrain painting (Not all over the world, so much to do) I'm trying to create a huge world with EVERYTHING. A city, suburbs, farming, rough area, upper class area. (Not all squidged together either, i want it realistic and the city is accessible via a suspension bridge (it's a seperate island). So much to do.. Want to make use of everything the expansions have to offer.. I had to stop work on it because of crashing randomly or crashing during saving..

You fixed it ;D Thankyouuu! I can actually start work on it again
    edited April 2012
    You are very welcome :)
  • Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    edited May 2012
    ty so much, I lost so much hard work trying to find a 'save' that didn't have 'corrupted memory'.
  • kmcekmce Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited June 2012
    IS IT THE caw.exe that i copied that i change or the original caw.exe
  • OffinlalalandOffinlalaland Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i did what you said but mine still crashes whenever i try to save a lot.
    its says caw.exe has stopped working it gives me the option to close or debug both of which close the whole thing
  • SimsAddict8SimsAddict8 Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2012
    I ran it as administrator but it won't let me save original file
  • elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you so much for sharing this info. I didn't think there was hope for me getting CAW to function long enough to create anything, even after I got a newer much better PC! This solution seems to have worked for me. Though now I've probably jinxed it for myself :? At least I have hope for building my world now!
    edited July 2012
    kmce wrote:
    IS IT THE caw.exe that i copied that i change or the original caw.exe

the copied one is your backup, you change the original one.
    i did what you said but mine still crashes whenever i try to save a lot.
    its says caw.exe has stopped working it gives me the option to close or debug both of which close the whole thing

This is a completely different issue. I have no idea how to help you with that.
    I ran it as administrator but it won't let me save original file
    If you are sure that you run it as administrator, it should let you ovewrite the original file.
    If it still doesn't , i have no idea what's up with that. There is a chance that if you are not loggged in as administrator on the computer itself that you might not have enough privileges to do that. However I'm not sure if in that case that option would come up at all
  • ShevariShevari Posts: 27 Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, it worked perfectly :-)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited July 2012
    @geminiagre - I know you've been helping quite a few people with the link for the explorer suite. However, I just right-clicked (and normal clicked) on that executable file, and an error message just popped up: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

I don;t have a high end laptop, but I've also recently been getting the SAME CAW error that everyone else has been getting. But since I can't even install the Explorer Suite, what can *I* do to stop having the CAW from crashing on me?

(and Rflong.... if you happen to see this, can *you* help me??)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    Ah perfect! Thanks, I'm gonna try this out! Like you had originally posted, I only have issues with CAW crashing when I paint. Hope it works, or at least lowers the amount of crashes so I don't have to save every 30 seconds! Haha
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Step 4...I'm very confused...theres a file I found called CAW.exe.config is that it?
    Step 5...I cant find file header...

MESSAGE ME ON MY PAGE
    edited January 2013
    I just re-downloaded CAW after a long time , and as i was trying to do this little trick, I noticed that it is now activated by default. No idea how long back they fixed this, but this solution is now obsolete with newer versions of CAW

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top