Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning on consignment store and Ice sculptures

I sculpted a couple of townies in ice and took the sculptures to the consignment store to sell .
It was only when the message popped up they had been sold that i realised the value was $0 (zero zilch nothing )
Not worrying too much i saved and exited the game to go get some food.
When i returned to play i was unable to acces the buy tab at the stores till, UNTIL i had retrieved all consignment items already up for sale.
Upon later sculpting another statue and going to add it to my family inventory to take to the store i found 2 items worth nothing with NO picture or name in there .
The only option to remove them was to use the sell all tab which NOW caused the problem as it causes the game to lock up and stop responding and i had to shut down my comp using the panic button on the front to get it to close as nothing else works .
So now i had 2 nameless/pictureless icons in the family inventory and no way to use the sell all option there .
It was a further three real days playing before the 2 icons disappeared despite trying various things like switching families and moving them out and back in

So i thought i would warn others of this .
Seemingly selling ice sculptures of your own family does not do this just ice sculptures of townie sims

Comments

• JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. This must be a glitch? I wonder if anyone else has complained about it on this forum.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2010
    A bug well that is impossible with the awesome testing EA does. :lol:
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for posting this.

Don't play tag-check.
    Don't consign ice sculptures of townies-check.
    Don't...?
  • JasanneJasanne Posts: 213 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Try not to unconsign sculptures as they end up in your personal inventory and you can't get rid of them (well, you can re-consign them, but might if you run into the consignment shop issues I've had, it takes some unconsigning, reconsigning, save & quits to fix it).

But DO NOT salvage statutes at the junkyard - those too will end up in your personal inventory and you can not get rid of them.

Oh yeah, don't salvage a hole you've drilled at the junkyard - it goes into the family inventory and stays there...forever and ever. Altho if you are like me, you just laugh when you see it.
  • Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2010
    Holes can't be salvaged anymore. The last patch made sure of that.

As for me, well, I cannot consign anything. I wonder if it's because no Sims but my family ever visit the store.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited August 2010
    If you can no longer consign anything make sure you clear any consignments made by ANY of your sims . Some may be out of date and you will not be able to consign until those are collected , also they have to be collected by the sim who consigned them NO other sim can collect them .
  • simlovergirl07simlovergirl07 Posts: 1,376 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the heads up!
    NGjC2.gif
  • Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2010
    If you can no longer consign anything make sure you clear any consignments made by ANY of your sims . Some may be out of date and you will not be able to consign until those are collected , also they have to be collected by the sim who consigned them NO other sim can collect them .

I've NEVER been able to consign anything. This is a bug that needs to be fixed with a patch.
  • starpandastarpanda Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I can't consign anything either. Everytime I go to the store it says that it is closed regardless of the hour.
  • WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited August 2010
    starpanda wrote:
    I can't consign anything either. Everytime I go to the store it says that it is closed regardless of the hour.

Did you try putting down a new register? Or demolishing the building and putting a new one down?
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not a consignment store bug but now in one of my neighbourhoods the male adult sim cannot sell anything to the grocer any more, there is no options to do anything .
    He is a lvl 7 ghostbuster so not sure if somehow that has affected it.
    In the other hood the female adult sim cannot get a makeover at the salon .

In both cases i have tried removing and replacing the lots with no joy
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2010
    Not a consignment store bug but now in one of my neighbourhoods the male adult sim cannot sell anything to the grocer any more, there is no options to do anything .
    He is a lvl 7 ghostbuster so not sure if somehow that has affected it.
    In the other hood the female adult sim cannot get a makeover at the salon .

In both cases i have tried removing and replacing the lots with no joy

I've had the grocery store issue before and now one of my sims is unable to fish.Go figure.Different sim family but oddly enough it only happened in Sunset Valley.
  • OregonOregon Posts: 174 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Ah. That stinks. Thanks for the heads up!
  • BerryzKopongBerryzKopong Posts: 2 New Member
    Can an ice sculpture melt in consignment store?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to go ahead and close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top