Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad CC - Instructions on how to find it and how to get rid of it (including list)

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2010
    I have added two new items:

Flounce Dress1: It's categorized for babies but not for toddlers

The Dancing Cupcake Shirt!: A child shirt that is also categorized for toddlers.

I also replaced all pictures with bigger ones. The square picture is the picture that shows in your launcher, the title is the name. You can also click on most pictures to get a even bigger one.

Will do the naked-categorized thread soon.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Kvia101Kvia101 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I have the Night Time Day Time Everday Shoes. But it's not on my launcher..How do I uninstall it? I have the Taylor Swift Love Story Tee1 shirt. How do I unistall them???
  • AcornLadyAcornLady Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if its just me but I can't find the Custard tool the modsiminfo site is not there according to my browser....
    edited July 2010
    is there anything else that might work?
    edited July 2010
    @AcornLady: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

@Kvia101: Did you check installed content. Not Downloads.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    AcornLady wrote:
    Oh wow I wasn't as thorough as I thought
    here's a list of what I came across
    (everything was highlighted in green or purple)

Natal IS long nail 001
    Skeletal screams_tattoo
    Parsimonious Just Leggings
    DOT-af AccessoryStocking
    Nose piercing 2
    false eyelashes
    JP3
    Yves Saint Laurent Pumps
    Single Contemporary "Knock Knock" Arch
    Window 1x1 Contemporary "Knock Knock"
    XM83-FloraHair0100
    Window Short 1x1 Contemporary "Knock Knock" Door

PlumpLip_by_Channyvivin
    Window3x1Contemporary"Knock Knock"
    af tanktop basic 1

that's all I got to before the Launcher quit on me
    does anyone have the backup codes for these?

Great now my Launcher isn't working at all once I get into the Installed content page, It quits everytime.... CAREFUL!
    edited July 2010
    I've found the Taylor Swift tee but not the shoes. I've went through my installed content on my launcher but the shoes aren't there
    edited July 2010
    @Crinrict installed content is on my launcher right? If so I have checked my installed content.
    edited July 2010
    Yes. there are two tabs on the launcher.

Installed Content and Downloads. You have to check installed content.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Thanks to your blog I got it all off of my launcher and hard drive. :D I am still having trouble with my Male sim taking a shower with clothes on. Except these clothes are not CC.
    edited July 2010
    Somebody probably made some recolor of a EA cloth which corrupted also the EA one. Check for any Waters-Downloads. Most of those are made this way.

You could check in CAS if there are any strange pictures with that EA cloth.

Also if your sim has the never nude trait, that could also happen.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    AcornLady wrote:
    Great now my Launcher isn't working at all once I get into the Installed content page, It quits everytime.... CAREFUL!

Try moving all the *.dbc files from your DCCache folder to the Desktop. All your 3-rd party cc should be gone. Reinstall everything you want to keep. Store files are in the *.ebc files.
    AHQ Tutorial

• mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2010
    have you seen the file on the half man half horse thing? i am tryin to find how to get rid of it! :(
    edited July 2010
    I think it's a rose file that someone converted (unless you downloaded it at Rose site yourself, then it would be a package file).

I did not find it yet, unfortunately. If you have a Sim that has it, send me the link and I can get all further info necessary.

What you could do (if you see it in CAS) is put it on a Sim and export that to the exchange. Post the link here and I will download it. You can delete the Sim after I downloaded it.
    AHQ Tutorial

• mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi, I haven't really had any of the CCs you listed here but there are also these other CCs which got onto my game and I don't know if they're bad CCs as they seem relatively harmless. The things they do is that they get into your game and stick themselves in the uploads, so they pretty much scatter in the exchange, and your sim can sometimes take a bath/shower wearing them!

I don't have any pictures to show but there are two tops, one with a ribbon by the collar, one shiny pants and a full outfit dress with a ribbon at the side. I honestly don't want them because I think they're ugly. But they all come together (4 items in one download!)

I will show pictures when I get them again. To uninstall it, you have to uninstall the download where it came from as well.
    edited July 2010
    If you happen to have a link to a sim that has them that would be great so I can get all the info needed.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    I think this is the lot I downloaded which has it. I remember uninstalling it and it was gone from my game after

You can find them in the female (YA) wear. Just go to the athletic wear to see them easier

edit: edited out link - wrong lot
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2010
    This house does not have any other files packed than the house itself. You must have gotten it somewhere else.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Did you use the custard tool to check it? I used it too and it didn't show anything of the sort but I found it in my game nevertheless
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited July 2010
    very useful, thanks 4 sharing :)
    edited July 2010
    have you seen the file on the half man half horse thing? i am tryin to find how to get rid of it! :(

I think I found it. It's probably called: HorseBody all ages both genders

That's what it should look like in the launcher

horsebodyallagesbothgen.png

EDIT: Package file is: 0xc20b58d5f0b0d951a4ae2473ba0e9d4d.package
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Did you use the custard tool to check it? I used it too and it didn't show anything of the sort but I found it in my game nevertheless

Yes, I used custard (don't have my game since I'm on vacation). Are you sure you did not install anything else that it might have come with ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Okay, I just double checked it. Yes you were right, I'm editing the link out *Sorry I got the it wrong :oops:*

I've downloaded quite a few lots that night and uninstalled more than one lot including that one. If I encountered it again, I'll give you the heads up so you can add it to the list :)
    edited July 2010
    That'd be great.

It would probably need to be a lot that has sims in it.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited July 2010
    Ok, b/c of all the problems, I have decided to use the custard tool more often! I do have a question though that I can't seem to find the answer to. How do you check an item b/f you DL or upload?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top