Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad CC - Instructions on how to find it and how to get rid of it (including list)

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Fury. I figured you were pretty busy with your blog and all.

Since I was doing the list for the German community anyway it was easy to make it international with just pictures :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi - I was wondering if you (or anyone) could tell me if there is a way to figure out what these packages are and (if they are bad) how to get them out of my game.

I have been through the lists of bad cc and through my installed content and I can't find anything. I haven't had any glitches or anything odd, so I'm at a loss as to what these packs are. I downloaded a couple sims recently but checked them all first so I'm confused where these came from.

I found one of these on a sim I was going to upload. Not knowing what it was I played around making a few random sims and testing them and several came up with one or the other (or both in the case of a household I tested) of these 2 packages. I'm hoping its just a tattoo or something lame that I overlooked >.<

test2.jpg

Any help you could give me would be appreciated :)

edited July 2010
    The 0x383... one is some sort of short pants, the other one I haven't seen. They don't really cause big problems in your game. What they do is that they get assigned to the nude state of your sim, so he can wear them in the shower.

There are some early tattoos that were done this way so the first one could be just a tattoo (not listing those cause I feel the are ok categorized for nude).

The only problem with these is that they get packed with more sims then others cause you usually don't know that your sim is wearing them (cause you can't see that state in CAS).

There is a method to find out, what each package file actually is (at least what the Launcher pic looks like). It involves at least three third party tools and is not a fast method.

If you want to know, I will explain how to do it.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Thank you for the fast reply.

Hmm.. well I feel uncomfortable passing these to other simmers, even if they don't cause problems (when I saw the Naked tag I said OMG what is that!! and I'm sure several people will say the same) so I think I should get them out.

Its probably too complicated for me to understand but if you post instructions here I'll have my husband do it.

Thanks again :)
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited July 2010
    dang those deformed sims look like somthin from silent hill lol
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited July 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    so he can wear them in the shower.

I was just wondering .. if I added those sims with these packages to my game and watched them go into the shower, I could probably just see the item, right? But I guess that might not help me find the thumbnail in my installed content since not every package has a good picture.. hmm.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for posting this. I saw the deformed kid glitch yesterday for the first time. It was a family that I downloaded from the exchange. The kids weren't toddlers though. They were the child age and their bodies deformed only when they went to shower. They kinda turned to the side and their arms were all long and ghoulish looking and they had no head just a neck. Talk about creepy! :shock:
    YShQCz1.png
  • StrawberryCaykeStrawberryCayke Posts: 1,677
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for doing this.
    It really is helping me out right now.
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    dang those deformed sims look like somthin from silent hill lol
    :lol:
    edited July 2010
    @Isabella_Schatz: Yes, if you take the sim to take a shower you will probably see what he is wearing. You would need a hack for turning of the censor though.

The 0x383... one is called CLF090807_by_Jewell in the launcher. Since you seem pretty comfortable with Custard you can simply uncheck the to downloads in that sims3pack. Save it (same name, do not use save as) and upload that version. Try it on a copy first.

If you upload that faulty version I can download and check for you. You can delete it when I'm done. To find out what the second one is.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Crinrict do you suggest deleting all New CAS projects because I'm not sure if they're faulty since I've seen many New CAS Projects that are.
    edited July 2010
    @StrawberryCayke: When you say, you've seen many bad files, what do you mean exactly by this ? What did they do ? I've only found two so far. One is that Vampire shirt and one is a peggy hair that got converted.

I think the main problem with the New CAS Projects is that they are all done by people who don't really know what they are doing.

I've never used the TSR workshop so this is just me assuming how it is: If you want to create something with that tool it, is probably called (yes you guessed it): New CAS project. So it's actually something someone made with the workshop without ever giving it a new name.

Back when the blue lot problem started, lots of people started converting stuff from package files to Sims3Packs with TSR workshop.

Some of them seem to also made some other changes to files or the plain converted the error of the blue lot files to sims3packs (those will be shown by custard though).

I don't really know if ALL of them are a problem but I think most of them were done the way I said above. So maybe it would be a good thing to delete them. There is some much cc out there. Why have something that is potentially dangerous.

EDIT: Thanks for the gift :)
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Thanks for the advice :)
    I just finished checking my installed content in my launcher and removed all the New CAS Projects because I feel they are dangerous for my game.
    What I mean is that it seems the CAS projects tend to cause naked glitches or mess up your game in some way but I could be wrong.
    And you're welcome :) You deserve it for helping out the community ^_^
  • ChouxieChouxie Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, crinrict. I knew that Shymoo was all shizzed up, but I didn't know Peggy's clothing was. I never really liked it, but I won't be downloading her clothing again.

By the way, Poppy's fixed her corrupted files now. There was a maternity swimsuit and maternity sleepwear, I believe. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2010
    Sorry for the delay, I had to step out a few :mrgreen:

Heres one with the 0xd733 pack, let me know when you have him so I can take him down :oops:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2783180

I'll look for that CLF090807_by_Jewell now, thanks for doing this.
    edited July 2010
    OK. downloaded. You can delete. Will check what it is. Give me half an hour.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Oki dokie, thanks :)
    edited July 2010
    Ok. It's a tattoo as I thought.

It's called Tattoo (how ingenious) and looks like this

tattooa.png
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Ahh ok, I know that one. The last few days every new male sim I make keeps having that as their default top, it was driving me nuts - I'll look for that one now.

I just went through my installed content x2 and couldn't find anything exactly called 'CLF090807_by_Jewell' but I did find a 'ELF090801_by jewell' and a 'Fcl_2_090909_by jewell' which I uninstalled. I hope its one of those.

edit: ok neither of the ones I deleted was it so I guess I have to go through the list AGAIN. I wish there was a search function or something :cry:
    edited July 2010
    Could you upload that one as well so I can get you a good pic (I can't find my sim that had that one on).
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Yes sure, I just went through again and I cannot find it so a picture might help me, just one sec
    edited July 2010
    here you go, let me know when you have it please
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2783646
    edited July 2010
    Got it. Pic will follow in a bit.

Name: CLF090807_by jewell
    Pic: 0x3832dabb16703cdd8586a.png

EDIT:
    Ok. I'll call it a night. I'll check with you tomorrow evening. Hope you'll find it.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2010
    Oops, I didn't see you have edited your last post! I think I've seen that, I'll check now :)

edit: found it! *does a victory dance* seriously its like the highlight of my day to find this dumb thing and get it out of my game lol

Thanks again for all your help, I appreciate it
  • zoeyredbird127zoeyredbird127 Posts: 100
    edited July 2010
    thank you this was a really big help...
    edited July 2010
    @Isabella_Schatz: They don't like double posting in the German forum at all, so I'm used to editing my posts if no one has answered. Sorry about that.

1207917wtu7ai2bak.gif for those generous gifts :)
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top