Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with building a tomb. (It's about reseting a tomb object)

Ok,I'm stuck, I'm creating a lot and I need some help with these floor tiles.

I have three floor tiles, I have set it up so if you press them in a certain order it will unlock a door, that's all fine but what I'm wondering is if the player gets the sequence wrong and needs to reset the floor tiles, how would I go about doing so? I have tried a few things but I've only been guessing and I'm stuck, please help, thanks. :)

Comments

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Bump. ^-^
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, probably no one on at this time. :p
    edited July 2010
    Bumping this again. :P
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Try looking at the tomb for the Black Bag Job, the one where you have to step on certain floor switches to get all the doors open. I don't know how it's done but that does have a 'reset switch' for every floor.
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Most items have a "Reset" option, it's usually in "Activated Behaviours...". In your case you probably want another switch and when the player steps on it the rest of the switches are reset.

To do this ctrl+shift+click (I'll use CSC from now on) the reset switch and select "Link Triggers..." then "Step On" and then CSC one of the other switches and select "Activated Behaviours..." then "Reset". Do this for every switch and then you should also CSC the reset switch and select "Link Triggers..." then "Step Off" and then CSC the reset switch again and select "Activated Behaviours..." then "Reset" (this will set up the switch so it resets when the sim gets off of it and that will allow it to be used as many times as needed).

I'm guessing you've used a Processor to check the sequence so assuming you are familiar with those you could probably have a Processor set up to automatically reset the switches and the sequence when the player makes a mistake. I'd have to have the game infront of me to check the exact details of how you would do that but I'm fairly sure it'd be possible.
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Smeelia, I'll try that when I get on next. I am using the tomb processor, I'm still learning how to use it and so far It's been trial and error. It took me a while to figure out how to do a sequence for the floor tiles but eventually I figured it out. I really wish there was a tutorial somewhere on how to do this, unless there already is but I couldn't find any on this but I might not of been looking hard enough. Anyway thanks again, I'll get on now and try it out. :P
    edited July 2010
    Thanks again Smeelia, I tried it and it works and it was really simple, I can't believe I wasn't able to do it before, lol, thanks again. :P
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited July 2010
    You're welcome :).
    I really wish there was a tutorial somewhere on how to do this, unless there already is but I couldn't find any on this but I might not of been looking hard enough.

You could always make your own tutorial since you figured it out :). It's good to ask on the forums here if you're trying to do something specific but can't figure out how anyway. I quite like seeing the ideas people have and trying to figure out how to make them work, as well as doing my own experiments :).