This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

? about sim3packs

So I just got done reinstalling my games again. Before I started uninstalling I put my Downloads & Mods folders on my desktop. I just put them both back in and started up my game. I figured that I could just put the downloads folder with all of my sims3packs in the folder and they would automatically install into the launcher and into my game, but they didn't. I really don't want to have to manually install all of them again. I don't want to have to click 'Download' on every single item I've bought on the Store. And besides, I have some CC that I got from the exchange that I have no clue where they came from..

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2010
    If you've reinstalled the games you might have to reinstall the .sims3pack files again. Yes the .sims3pack files are easy and convenient, but they have to be installed via the launcher which is pain. I actually prefer the .package files in the Mods/Packages folder because you don't have to go through the launcher. Sorry... :(
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited July 2010
    A trick that I use to install Sims 3 packs quickly and easily is to save the file to your desktop(I wait until I have about 10 ready to go)highlight and drag the files into your DOWNLOADS folder.I then start the launcher,click downloads,highlight all of the new files,and then install them all in 1 group.And yes,you will have to reinstall your Sims3Packs,I reinstalled my game and had to do the same thing.