Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't update...

Hey guys.
Whenever I enter my launcher there is a little explanation mark next to 'Game updates', well I go to update my game and select the check box with the update I want to install(Which is in fact the newest released today).
Well...I click 'Update Now' but...nothing happens. Simply nothing.
Any help? :(

EDIT: And OMG! I just realized all my downloads etc. have gone. Boo.

Comments

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh...and I just realized that the image under the 'Game Updates' catergory is the "oops" error message. Eek. :(
  • Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited July 2010
    lol ya I'd say this last update was a huge OOPS! lol
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, My Ea Download Manager IS up to date, just checked. :(
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2010
    Im getting the same thing...my game does not see a new patch....says its up to date????...click refresh...nothing happens to!
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    It just went live a few minutes ago, try again.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm. My issue is a little different. I can see the patch in the launcher. Its called...

"SIms3_4.2.32.007001_from_4.0.87.006001.exe"

It has a tick box next to it. Once that box is ticked the option "update all" becomes unshaded and clickable. However, after clicking this option...nothing happens.

Omg...this issue is so annoying. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    bump
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited July 2010
    You will want to make sure that you are running the latest version of EA Download Manager which can be found here:

http://eastore.ea.com/eadm
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You will want to make sure that you are running the latest version of EA Download Manager which can be found here:

http://eastore.ea.com/eadm

Still doesn't work... :(
    My Download manager was up to date...
    I reinstalled it as well...but still no change. I'm still getting that "oops" page under game updates. And pressing 'update now' does nothing. :(
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited July 2010
    There is a very large amount of traffic currently which may be the reason your are experiencing these issues.

Which products do you have installed?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There is a very large amount of traffic currently which may be the reason your are experiencing these issues.

Which products do you have installed?

I currently have: 'The Sims 3', 'The Sims 3 World Adventures', 'The Sims 3 High Tech and Design stuff' and 'The Sims 3 Ambitions. :)

• Options
    loser_chick31loser_chick31 Posts: 20
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the EXACT same problem. Clicking the "Update now" button does absolutely nothing.

Also - Turns out, I had the corrupted file "Girl Doll Dressed", deleted it. Now, my game won't even load. Gives me an error message.

Edit - The error message says "Unable to start game. Service intitialization failed (0x039e8474)"
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the EXACT same problem. Clicking the "Update now" button does absolutely nothing.

Also - Turns out, I had the corrupted file "Girl Doll Dressed", deleted it. Now, my game won't even load. Gives me an error message.

Edit - The error message says "Unable to start game. Service intitialization failed (0x039e8474)"

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
    Luckily I don't have the evil doll...I don't download from the exchange(Just from the store).
    Sorry to here about the trouble your having launching your game. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :)
  • Options
    loser_chick31loser_chick31 Posts: 20
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I really hope someone diagnoses the problem soon. I'd like to play this game that I've spent so much time and money on.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    *sigh* Still not working.. :(

bump
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also: I don't know if this is relevent or not, but when I opened my launcher for the first time today an error message popped up that the Ea Download manager had timed out. This came alongside a notification to update adobe air that was apparently needed for the Download manager to function.

Before these messages popped up the notification of a new update/patch appeared however...it soon dissapeard as soon as the adobe air message popped up, alongside this, the "oops" page also appeared under "Game Updates".

I've now updated Adobe Air yet the "oops" page is still there.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Darn. I just manually updated my game without using the launcher. But now my launcher is coming up with the dreaded incompatibility error. Oh well, guess I'm off to reinstall Ambitions. :(

EDIT: Just finished uninstalling Ambtitions, and the launcher for High End Loft stuff is now apparently compatible. However I STILL cannot update my game. The 'Update Now' option STILL doesn't do anything. Great...does this mean I can no longer update my game? :(

Could a complete reinstall of all expansions including the base game fix this problem? Or am I stuck with it.. :|
  • Options
    WarsunWarsun Posts: 418
    edited July 2010
    I only read page on and even im going to tell you that would be a big mistake uploading that Game update. Recommendation. Read the forums post from about 4 to 5 pages before posting. You will gain a lot of information of the current issues.
  • Options
    ZarajbZarajb Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2010
    My game wont update either and now the game launcher freezes and i cant get into my game or out of the launcher without logging off my computer and starting again.I just wanna play sims, I've uninstalled amibitions but it hasn't helped. any ideas?
  • Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2012
    My game will update just fine--only it doesn't actually update! It will complete the download, be installed, but nothing will actually install and start working.