Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kitkat's Simporium- New Paintings and Posters - pg 12

KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
Well, I haven't known whether to laugh or cry the past few weeks trying to deal with the EA forum and customer service :lol: I'm on my 3rd account now, but at least I can upload and post again. My old account is a complete loss - recs, posts, featured items. I had all my builds saved, so I can re-upload them. I'll be sharing here as I post things again.

Hope you like what I have to share -some of them for the second time... Feedback welcomed, of course :)

The first is a new build just finished today. The others are some of my older ones. Click the image to download. I'll add media as I have time - yep, all my stories are gone, too, including my two tutorials. I guess the upshot is it saved me the hassle of deleting the hundreds of screenshots in my studio...

Gretel's Cottage

ry%3D400

The Hanging Gardens of Simaylon

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Kitkat, First of all I am sorry to hear that you lost all your stories and tutorials! As a creator/builder I feel your pain! :(

Coming back to your builds, wow, what lovely builds Kitkat! I love all of them! The first one (the modern one) has got a very striking architecture! Lovely colour combination! Love the garage and the balcony! Among your traditional builds, my favourite is the Victorian one (Daffodil cottage)! Lovely minty green and very striking architecture again! The Modern Zen retreat looks really lovely too! In fact I love all of them! Going to recommend now! :thumbup:
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited July 2010
    Aah! I can't believe you had to start a new account. That stinks! Your builds are so lovely. I especially like the moderns as moderns are my favorite type, but they are all wonderful. I know I have commented before but since you are starting over I thought I would re-comment as well as re-rec.
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Yanti! It's been discouraging having to start over, but I'm trying to make the best of it. Thanks for the compliments and the recs :) I really love the architecture on the new community lot you have up now - I think I'll go see if you are in need of bump yet :)

Thanks for your comments, Simeve! I love all of your moderns, you really seem to have a knack for them :) I wouldn't like a modern house to live in IRL, but they sure are fun to build and decorate :wink: I think I had a few of yours in my favorites in my old account...heading off to your studio to re-rec and fave...
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh Kitkat! I am so sorry about your account... smiley-sad010.gif Just wanted to stop by and give you my support. I'll head on over to your studio and rec your latest build and re-rec all your older creations. I just love City Living, it has a very clean and tranquil quality to it. All your creations are fab.
  • SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2010
    Aw poor Kittkat........ have you any hair left? you could store for safety off site in the future.

If I was looking for a house to buy, to live in, I think it would be Beaufort, I really like it. Of to rec your studio!
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, Allure! Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope you'll have some beautiful new builds to share with us soon :)<3 all your builds

Yeah, Smoky, I think I have a few more grey hairs with EA's name on them :wink: And I'm double submitting my lots to TSR from now on. I have to say EA tried VERY hard to lessen the blow which was appreciated. I was quite pleased with the help I got from phone support - much more so than email support which is a total joke. That's helped me keep things in perspective a bit. At least until I get this month's phone bill, anyway.

Glad you like Beaufort, but I have to give credit to Anjubee on that one. It was a shell for the first Spring Designer Challenge for BnS last year. I just made it over into a lowcountry house.
    edited July 2010
    My new lot is the French Country Starter available in my studio. At 16,466 it's a true starter for a single sim. A couple would have plenty of room to live and some $$ left over after purchase. There is ample room on the lot to expand when kids come if desired. It has a pond and garden as well. Here are some pics:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• KimSim1965KimSim1965 Posts: 712 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi KitKat,
    Sorry to hear of your frustration; that really stinks. Nonetheless, your builds are absolutely gorgeous. I love every one of them. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and share the lots. I'll definitely DL and rec.
    Kim
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited July 2010
    oh no kitkat. i can't beleive what happened. i don't think i could start over again like you have and for that i have great admiration for you.

now the builds, i love love love the modern builds, they just jump off the page for me. i really do have a soft spot for them. i love the contrast they have with your more traditional designs. you certainly are very flexible with your building style.

i will head over and rec for you
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Kitkat,

I LOVE your French country starter! It is really an eye candy! So pretty both inside and outside! Recommended! :thumbup:
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited July 2010
    I recognise these houses! Before it broke I always used to visit the lot exchange and at different points I've come across and rec'd/downloaded Daffodil Cottage, Alice's Dream, City Living and Beaufort. You're a truly versatile builder and it's nice to finally put a face... er- an avatar to a name. ;)
    Now I guess I'm just gonna have to rec them all again...

Moving on to your French Country Starter, I really like this house too. It reminds me of the houses in TS1 for some reason. I don't mean that in a bad way, it makes me nostalgic for the good ol' days! :) And you've decorated it beautifully. It seems another rec and download is coming your way. :P

Fantastic work Kittkat, I look forward to your future builds. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey Kitkat, your French Country Starter is adorable. I love the landscaping as it makes the home seem so much more expensive. Inside you chose really nice patterns. Your other homes are fantastic as well. So sorry you had so much trouble with your accounts. Fingers crossed this one remains well! Off to rec.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2010
    The French Country Starter is absolutely dreamy Kitkat. Gorgeously landscaped with tastefully decorated interiors and the structure is super adorable. Rec'd.
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi there, I'm sorry that you had to open a new account and lose all of your recs and features. :(

Your lots are really beautiful. I especially like City Living and Daffodil Cotagge.

Your French Country Starter looks fantastic. Love the colors, it looks really cozy.

I'm off to give you some recs! :thumbup:
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited July 2010
    OOOO! I love that French Starter! It's going in my favs.... And a rec of course! It's just perfect!
  • Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey Kat,

I just rec'd your whole studio, some lovely builds, my fave being the Beaufort. Cannot believe you have had to go through this.

Jasnik :-)
    edited July 2010
    Thanks so much to everyone for stopping by and for all the sympathy about my old studio :(

Kimsim - thank you! :)

Peacemaker - Yeah, they're kinds of all over the place style-wise, I guess :lol: I never really developed a personal style - just kind of go with what inspires at the moment. Thanks for the compliment!

Yanti - Glad you like the starter. It was fast and easy and let me get my building mojo back a bit :)

tdewd - Wow, I'm flattered that you recognize them. I never played Sims 1 just Sims 2 a little bit, and I never built/shared anything 'til Sims 3. I hear a lot of people talking about the charm of Sims 1, so I'll consider that a compliment :)

Kimwriter - Thanks for mentioning the landscaping :) That's my favorite part of building.

Allure - Thanks so much :oops:

Vanilija - Daffodil was one of my favorites - my first attempt at a Victorian after admiring Ruthless's for so long :)

SimEve - wow, a fave? I'm flattered and so happy you like it :)

Jasnik - Thanks for stopping by! Have to give credit to Anjubee for the Beaufort - it was a designer challenge for BnS. I just made-over the shell.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Kitkat
    So many beautiful builds Hard to pick a favourite but Daffodil cottage and the French country starter are lovely. Left a rec for all. :thumbup:
  • ninanuitenninanuiten Posts: 147
    edited July 2010
    Hi Kitkat,

Such beautiful builds - I particularly like your French starter, the Beautfort and your City Living lots. Fantastic work, sorry to hear that your account had to be restarted :( I will now peruse your studio to rec your beautiful builds :)
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Kitkat! So sorry to hear you lost everything, so frustrating. Very cute homes you have done, I got everything rec'd (I was looking for your studio link earlier). I'm happy your starting over...you have wonderful homes!
    edited July 2010
    Follyfoot - thanks so much! Love your cottage builds, some of my faves :)

ninanuiten - City Living and the starter are my two newest ones after a building break. Glad you liked them!

Cera - Thanks for the rec's :) I think I'm over the frustration of starting over and ready to start some new creations.
  • MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Very nice work on the starter!
    Great use of color and space. Now if you could build that house on my real life lot... ;)
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, Mumsy :) I wish I could build cute houses for $16,500!
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited July 2010
    Wow, I like all of those modern lots you have there. BeauFort looks really cool also, love the design you have gave to the house. going to rec a few.
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi KittKat, great job with the National Pride architecture. Do you have some pics of the interiors? Left you a rec! :D