Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a collaborative index of pattern images?

MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
Assuming that the new CAP tool will work in a similar fashion to homecrafter in TS2 for creating floor patterns, where an image that repeats itself seamlessly on all sides is used, what would people think of making a collection of images that could easily be used for making patterns? People could submit images they find online, and these could then be taken and used by anyone who'd like to use them to make a pattern. Essentially, it would be an index of useful pattern images. If people have an interest in this, and this is actually how CAP will work, let me know and I can start planning it out.

Comments

• MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    LOL!! OMG! did it come out today!!!
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2010
    No, I don't think it is coming out for a while still. This index idea would just be for when it does eventually come out.
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Ohok, but like.. it has the thing were you can ***** it under CAW. but i cliked it and nothing came out.. i wish something did..
    edited June 2010
    Anybody? Thoughts? Interest? :?
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2010
    I hope its for macs :(
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2010
    Nevermind it is out now, for both PC and Mac
    edited June 2010
    Oh, wow, it actually is out now! Now, back to the original question, is anybody interested in an index of pattern images!?
  • LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    wow just been released :shock:
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh, wow, it actually is out now! Now, back to the original question, is anybody interested in an index of pattern images!?

Sure!
    edited June 2010
    Okay, cool. Anybody else? Thoughts? Input?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2010
    I love this program but they need to add a blank shirt in an update so you can tell about how these patterns look on shirts. I made one that was way too big. Incidently I like some of the patterns EA gave us.
    edited June 2010
    Since it doesn't seem like many people are actually interested in an index of images that are good for pattern-making, I don't think I'll bother.
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited June 2010
    MomSonSimFun- Wait! I really think this is a good Idea! I have several saved links of places I go to get seamless patterns now! I don't think alot of people understand what you are talking about. Please just hang on a day or two.
    yhCWXCP.gif
    edited June 2010
    Okay, thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks!
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think it's a great idea too!
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited June 2010
    This is one of my favorite places to go for patterns. All of them are seamless, so they will look good on walls, furniture, or whatever. If you have an photo editing program, you can break them up into seperate channels without much trouble. LOL, I think I have seen some of the patterns used by EA on here!

http://free-photoshop-patterns.com/
    yhCWXCP.gif