Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twin Skies - No longer a city...its a nation!- Update Number 1

I was very lucky to find a person who would create a blank world for me to work on

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/218303.page

All the Updates will be posted here a lot easier!

http://n3mb3r.webs.com/twinskies.htm

There is a little part on there about how I got the name twin skies!

Comments

• mal16mal16 Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I think you should make New York with suburbs near the end of the city. I hope for the city to be JUST LIKE NY but near the end make the New York Suburbs (Hamptons, Long Island)
    04repo.1.650.jpg

This is a perfect example of the NY Suburbs

I hope the city to look like this

new_york_city.jpg
  • N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2010
    you read my mind! im going to be putting both of those!
  • jay6754jay6754 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited June 2010
    Based on your comment on my page you asked how to make a skyscraper. Its easy this is how to do it

Use the terrain tool to make a large hill. To make a huge skyscraper make the hill as big as the game lets you
    4724155897_263273c6e7_b.jpg

Place Foundations to the shape you want your skyscraper to be
    4724807670_1461aa3c7c_b.jpg

Use the terrain tool to remove the hill and build the upper levels to make your building higher
    4724807864_59171b4b17_b.jpg
    Easy 8)
    edited June 2010
    thanks Jay!
    edited June 2010
    just updated!
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2010
    This is going to be a fun summer project! :D

I had a skyscrapper, but had to take it off the exchange because it was infected with the doll. I've since cleaned my game and I'll re-upload it for you. Drowssap also has some skyskrappers in her studio you could use.

Drowssap's Studio

I'll try my hardest to get the map done today. :mrgreen:
    edited June 2010
    thank you :D

wow those would go right into the enironment that im trying to make :D thank you
    edited June 2010
    Your pics are breaking the page so we can't read everything. :D

All you have to do is add "width=640" at the end of your image.
    fjgmj8.jpg
    edited June 2010
    thank you :P I will do that later
    (mostly because im eating dinner right now) lol
    edited June 2010
    I will now be updating on another site now :)
    edited June 2010
    Done! :mrgreen:
    Here's the link;
    Twin Skies Download Link

Let me know if anything needs fixing. I triple checked all the road connections, but there might still be some.

I uploaded the CAW files to mediafire in case you get CAW and want to alter the map.
    Caw files for Twin Skies

dotfz9.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • eliveliv Posts: 104 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I made several skyscrapers and put only one on the exchange, but i stretch the walls instead of using a foundation. It's probably very similar to using a foundation where you can't really use the floor with the stretched wall but it looks cooler.
    -build a building 5 stories high
    -create a hill to the maximum height
    -build a wall 5 stories high on top of the hill
    -use constrainfloorelevation and level terrain to the height of the wall on the hill

with the multi-height columns, you can create some cool beaux art style buildings.
    edited June 2010
    thank you sooo much :D

thank you eliv!
    edited June 2010
    update coming soon!
  • DadrieMDadrieM Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    auntielynds I would love if you build a world like New York but please only use sims 3 late night If would do that for me I have looked every where for on but cant find on and when I did I could not downland it because I didn't have an expansion. pretty please!
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2011

dotfz9.jpg

Wow! Reminds me of 'Metropolis' one of the premade cities from Sim City 3000!
    edited August 2011
    I'm looking for someone who could make a world with no trees or mountains just a two skinny long lands with a brige connected and a small island that is a little far away.... well somthing like this but it requard only sims 3 late night and it didn't have buildings... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qmh5t2YFgg
    edited August 2011
    5orry, I'm working on another world right now. I have to say that big cities don't interest me that much, and if I'm going to spend 6-8 months building a world, I have to be inspired. Why don't you ask one of the guys who built the N.Y. for a lite version, or their caw files so you can alter it for your own personal use.
    edited August 2011
    Most of them have put there projects on hold :( and I didn't really want a city just skinny peace of land with a small island and just some roads I would do it but caw is not working. nothing else you would not even have to place a road this probably would take maybe two days tops no Bridges or mountainsany thing. and maybe just a custom road sorry to be so picky i just wish my caw would stop crashing and save my files thanks if u change your mind please tell me :D. http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/2/8/3/4/9/8/9/MTS2_Moria_1169345_Ocean3.jpgI am also lost i want this boat but i do not no how to get it. any help :?:
    edited August 2011
    i ment you would not have to place a lot sorry :D
    edited August 2011
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432065 dont know why that url did not work