Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strike a Pose Cycle IV

sapthreadbannerjpg.jpg

Strike-a-Pose: Girls Blog
Strike-a-Pose: Guys Blog

Girls:
Photo Shoot 1|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 2|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 3|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 4|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 5|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 6|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 7|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Finale 8|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary

Guys:
Photo Shoot 1|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 2|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 3|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 4|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 5|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Shoot 6|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary
Photo Finale 7|Guidelines|Scores & Commentary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Models
(x = no entry/elimination; e = extension; # = entry received)

Girls:
vallau - Ida Evans|1|2|3|4|5|x|
audge2041 - Mira Scott|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|
gazmoetron - Yoel Andre|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|
peacexlovexstp - Anika Skye|1|x|
Chocchikcookie12 - Nellie Thompson|1|2|3|x|
Maezinha - Twisty Khumalo|1|2|3|x|
annyce - Ariane Jammes|1|2|3|4|x|
Sugar_And_Sparkles - Lacey Carols|1|2|x|
beechnutbaby - Kazlyn Birch|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|x|
Candyspookie - Rashel Hearts|1|x|
1wder - Susan Michaels|1|x|

Guys:
Jasumi - Alain Shepard|1|2|x|
jesshilse - Mason Vasquez|1|2|3|x|
Sim1234567890 - Ethan Robinson|1|2|x|
ecofriend2 - Charlie Simme|1|x|
Candyspookie - Travis Chambliss|1|2|x|
sun2401 - Robert Goodling|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|
sim_moore - Quentin Eros|1|2|3|4|x|
beechnutbaby - Sylas Bjorn|1|2|3|4|5|x|
ameliuh321 - Brian Hansen|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|
BlindxSecrets - Leif Birkeland|1|x|

**NOTE: DO NOT POST ASSIGNMENT PHOTOS ON THE THREAD!!**
Email them to:
strikeaposeteam@yahoo.com

23uvol1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited July 2010
    syujr8.jpg

Watch here for Min's Minute modeling and photography tips

Tip of the Week
    HideHeadlineEffects on
      This will remove any thought bubbles and other things hanging over your sim's heads to help you make your photos look more realistic - very important
    MoveObjects on
      When you use the cheat called MoveObjects you can go into buy or build mode and be able to move your sim model around. Capture the model in some interesting pose, pause, then move the model to the position you want them in.

Tutorials and Suggested Reading
      Picture Taking Tutorial by NINhead
        SF Magazine - great for inspiration

Visual Lessons
        Camera Angles
        33uuxx1.jpg

Using the right camera angle will make the difference between a blah photo and a GREAT photo. Use the camera to capture your subject as the main attraction in the picture

DON'T have the camera so far away from your model - too much background is boring
        2rzops1.jpg
        DO bring your camera closer, having your sim be the focus of the photo, not the background. Try twisting the camera for a better fit (shift + A or D)
        2j1qzpj.jpg

DON'T zoom out using the Z or X buttons too much as it distorts the image - unless you want this distortion
        14tsn7q.jpg
        DO use the W and S buttons to draw the camera back and forth for a better looking photo
        2rlzxif.jpg

Take your time with your photos, move the camera around and try different things. Take LOTS of photos and find the best ones.

Post edited by Unknown User on
        [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
      • Options
        DrMusixDrMusix Posts: 1,180 New Member
        edited July 2010
        I'm calling this section
        "THE DOCTOR'S ORDERS"

Extensions: Each model/photographer is given 7 days to complete the assignment. Extensions will be must be requested within the first 3 days. (Example: If the assignment is given on Friday, a request for an extension must me made no later than Monday night.)
        Because there is a large time frame to complete assignments, an extension will only be an extra 24hrs.
        Immuninty Assignments: Several assignments leading up to the finale will be immunity assignments. The model/photographer with the highest score for that assignment will be given immunity from being eliminated in the following assignment. If an assignment has an immunity award, it will be stated in the guidelines for the assignment.

• Options
        MrMarcoMrMarco Posts: 810 New Member
        edited June 2010
        Tips from Cycle: 3

I'm not sure if everyone knows this "advanced camera control" so I thought that it would be nice to post it for you guys. I use this to better fill the tops of photos, or just get better angles with my pictures.

If you hit the TAB button you will go into a "screenshot mode" that allows you to see what your photo will look like without the control panel to control sims. You can still play actions, but you can't control this sim or any other sims in this mode.

After hitting tab, you can use the mouse to position the camera to face any direction you want. This will pave the way in taking your shots to get a better angle, to get your sim to make eye contact with the camera, or to get extras into the shot better.

Along with the mouse you can use these keys to position your camera in the "screen shot mode."

Q- Moves the camera up.
        E- Moves the camera down.
        W- Moves the camera forward.
        S- Moves the camera backward.
        A- Moves the camera left.
        D- Moves the camera right.
        Z- Zooms the camera in.
        X- Zooms the camera out.
        SHIFT + A OR D - Tilts the camera.

Hope this helps some of you out! Remember that to exit the TAB mode, you just hit TAB again!

Remember that you should also use the
        hideheadlineeffects on cheat to eliminate thought and speech bubbles along with the plumbob :]

Min will have many other hints and tips up, but in the meantime here are some to help you with the first assignment (until she can get her helpful hints and tips up) :]
      • Options
        Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
        edited June 2010
        Woo! now you guys got your reserves :] Let's get this show on the road!
        23uvol1.jpg
      • Options
        ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
        edited June 2010
        Sweet, we've gotten started! So my question for this assignment is whether we age them down (or not) and show how they grew up or if we show them with their immediate family. P:
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        Good question!
        Always you are who you are now. No aging up or down.

Think of it like a real person. You are the model. You are always presenting us your photos as the model NOW.

I hope that makes sense?
      • Options
        ameliuh321ameliuh321 Posts: 3,767 New Member
        edited June 2010
        That's what I thought. Okay, so the choice between childhood family and immediate family is ours? My model is a bit estranged from his parents. P:
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        If your model name is:
        Lacey Carols
        Quinten Eros

I need you to send a full-sized version of your head shot to the SAP Team email as soon as you can. You photos are either cropped (which is against the rules) or too small for the blog graphic purposes!

Thanks for your cooperation,
        Marco

PS:
        This is a friendly reminder to read the guidelines carefully. Two photos per assignment, following the assignment restrictions and guidelines as well.
      • Options
        chocchikcookie12chocchikcookie12 Posts: 1,462 Member
        edited June 2010
        Lets do this :D
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        It's great to see the submissions flying in. The first round is a playful one. A chance to show us what you've got and a chance for us to give you the feedback that will help you improve. I'm looking forward to seeing them all! We're off on a fun ride here - I hope everyone has fun.
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        To those that I have addessed:
        Please get your re-submitted head-shots in as soon as possible!
      • Options
        jesshilsejesshilse Posts: 2,205 New Member
        edited June 2010
        got the email
      • Options
        BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
        edited June 2010
        Got the email and I'll be working on it! Huntin' for some CC and such now, hoping inspiration will hit at some point. Lol. :D

Hope the others that need to resend the photos do so soon, I can't wait to see all the guys that were submitted. Curious to see what everyone's Sim's look like!
        The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
        Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
      • Options
        CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
        edited June 2010
        I just got finished with Travis's photos. Ahaha. I had a rather large amount of giggles and fun. :D Working on the scenario now, will submit it in a bit. Are dynamic shots allowed or does it have to be shot straight?
      • Options
        JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
        edited June 2010
        Are we allowed to crop photos and/or place a thin, black border (1px wide) around them?
      • Options
        Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
        edited June 2010
        No Jasumi, the photos must stay EXACTLY how they are when they are taken in the game. No editing of any kind.
        23uvol1.jpg
      • Options
        Sugar_And_SparklesSugar_And_Sparkles Posts: 979
        edited June 2010
        MrMarco wrote:
        If your model name is:
        Lacey Carols
        Quinten Eros

I need you to send a full-sized version of your head shot to the SAP Team email as soon as you can. You photos are either cropped (which is against the rules) or too small for the blog graphic purposes!

Thanks for your cooperation,
        Marco

PS:
        This is a friendly reminder to read the guidelines carefully. Two photos per assignment, following the assignment restrictions and guidelines as well.

I sent my new head and body shots :wink: I will now send my assignment :)
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        Judges

Can I please let you know for judging my photos, my game is being all glitchy becasue I downloaded a house with that doll, and the squares appear on the floor on live mode. So could you please take no notice of the squares on the floor. I've tried everything to get them away, but they stay put. On all three modes. I just hope you don't take points off for that. :?

Thanks.
      • Options
        JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
        edited June 2010
        No Jasumi, the photos must stay EXACTLY how they are when they are taken in the game. No editing of any kind.

Can I resize them? My screen resolution is HUGE (2200 x 1700) and the game saves my pictures at gigantic sizes :(
      • Options
        DrMusixDrMusix Posts: 1,180 New Member
        edited June 2010
        Jasumi wrote:

Can I resize them? My screen resolution is HUGE (2200 x 1700) and the game saves my pictures at gigantic sizes :(

You dont have to resize them. All of the photos are automatically resized when they are posted on the blog during the judging period.
      • Options
        CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
        edited June 2010
        Photos submitted. My email automatically resized them so the first picture and it lost its original detail and clarity, so I'm kinda disappointed with it.
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        Sent my entry :D But could you keep in ,ind my post up there while reading it :wink:

• Options
        CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
        edited June 2010
        It's hard to lurk this competition... D:
        Lol.
      • Options
        edited June 2010
        Jasumi wrote:

Do NOT crop your photos, but if you want to resize them (keeping the photos in the same dimensions as they were taken) I don't think there is a problem with that but as DR said, you don't have to.

• Options
        edited June 2010
        It's hard to lurk this competition... D:
        Lol.

lol ya it is a bit, but if you go to the first page you'll see links to the blogs. We talk alot here so each round you can easily pop by the blog and see all the details and enjoy the suspense from week to week as we all wait to see them posted.