Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrading The Collection Helper

TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
While doing certain opportunities in WA and Ambitions, particularly when they require you to bring them metals, gems or bugs, map view will very kindly show you exactly where that specific type of metal, gem or bug is. Neat. Very neat.

Now, with that said, what IF the collection helper could do the same in showing us where a specific type of metal, seed, gem, bug or fish is located...

How it could work:
Once your Sim finds things (lets say your Sim found some gold) and it registers in the collection journal, it will then unlock the ability to find that specific item, via the collection helper. You would click on the collection helper in your Sim's inventory, select the metal option, you'll now see gold has been unlocked. Great! Now you can select gold in the menu, and go into map view. Anything that glows on the map now, will be gold.

Your Sim must find things first before they are unlocked in the collection helper (lets not KILL the challenge totally here), however, being able to find a specific item with ease, certainly would add to the collection helper's overall appeal and usefulness!

I know what I think of this idea, but I want to know what you all think of it.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• rewbayrewbay Posts: 71
    edited June 2010
    i think this idea is GREAT!
  • Candi_DylaCandi_Dyla Posts: 777 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I like this idea! It would make life so much easier! I was actually just thinking about how I would want something like this when I was playing earlier today.
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm glad to see you both like the idea. :D
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Anyone else?

I think it could be a really cool thing for the collection helper.