Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :cry:I miss the sims having memories. I thought that was a great idea on their part.

Yea I liked the memrories made them more lyfe like that way. Maybe in the future expansions they will add sumfn like that. I kinda like the attraction thing too. But, alas, I am a tiny spec awaiting new developments rofl ^.^
  • SimsationalFranSimsationalFran Posts: 309 New Member
    edited July 2009
    happyjme wrote:
    I was reading the guid last night and found out a bunch of interesting things

: I knew we'd be able to play ghosts, but I didnt know we'd be able to have ghosts babies!!!

that is so cool :)How do you playt ghost:?:

If one of your sims die, a loved one can receive an "opportunity" called "oh my ghost" where the living sim can bring in the remains of the dead sim to the science building and then the dead sim becomes a playable ghost. There is a thread all about it (I think its called the death and ghost guide) if you want more details

which leads me to my did you know... when my sim drowned, the first thing he did was go swimming and when my other sim got electrocuted and then became playable, her first wish was to learn handiness lol thought it was ironic

Also, playable ghosts keep their inventory, lifetime wish, and lifetime points from when they were alive, so if their lifetime wish was fulfilled before they died, its still locked in as a playable ghost. However, the inventory goes to a close living family member when the sim dies. Its good to know for all the people who have important things in their inventory or doesnt want to re-do a lifetime wish.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PolarBabePolarBabe Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2009
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Ok I got a few questions...here goes...
    3) what exactly is the flame bush for? :shock: :?:

The flame bush has no purpose. Keeping a fresh flame fruit in your inventory gives your Sim the +5 'warmed' moodlet; other wise they can be eaten or cooked with like any other fruit.

But it does have a purpose! It is needed to make Angelfood Cake, a high level recipe that can be bought from the bookstore.
  • Randomer09Randomer09 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tend Garden!! Where ever you are at any time you might need to Tend garden, lol the plants after being watered just go back to green again that fast you can find seeds any where like the grave yard or that stonehenge thing...TEND GARDEN!! :mrgreen:
  • Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Someone mentioned earlier that party animals stay late on parties but I have a sim that I kicked out but still invite to birthday parties.
    The party started at 7 pm and its now 5 am and he's still strumming on his guitar while the whole house is asleep.
    He is not a party animal.
    He's a clumsy, absent-minded, mooching, hopless romantic Loner.
    Maybe he forgot to go home...

Another funny thing, I have mom and son in a house, sons wife is there too and their 2 daughters.
    Now mom gets a wish to see her son married.
    She doesn't dislike her daughter-in-law.
    I thought that was inappropriate.
  • rgirlrgirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    aquarian93 wrote:
    musicmom11 wrote:
    a sim with bravery as a trait will not burn in fire...they extinquish it. Learnt that today.

if you have a maid, it will be a different one everyday.
    My sim has fun sleeping :P

I fired one of my maids now only one comes every day

One time, when my sims had a party and the house was really messy, TWO maids came to clean up.
    Also,
    a frugal sim will autonomously (sp?) go into a room and clap his hands to turn off the lights! :mrgreen:
  • MidnightAgendaMidnightAgenda Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ckiecrumb wrote:
    Ok.. I apologize if these things are already known or posted.. I haven't gotten through all 64 pages yet! LOL!

2 - GEMS can be cut into many different shapes.. You have to have so many cut into emerald then you get pear then oval then plumbob then... I am working my way to the rest!

Hope these help someone!!

OMG, this one I did not KNOW!!!
    I was wondering when I was gonna be able to get other cuts besides emerald!
    lol. Thanks for the tip!
    edited July 2009
    momtosims wrote:
    My sim is good at fishing and he caught a money tree seed that needs a garden skill of 7 to plant and a fiddle that increases skill. I also watched a yellow suited diver run up to the lake and disapear into it.

... I have never heard of disappearing divers or fiddles in the sims 3...
    edited July 2009
    Craytona wrote:
    Did you know that if you nemisis is your carpool to work, if you're one secon d late they'll speed off ahead of you and leave you going "🐸🐸🐸🐸?".

hahahaahahhaha, i totally lolled at work.
  • LeslieElizabethLeslieElizabeth Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim was level 10 pop icon in the music career and he kept getting this "yell at peeping sim" or something like that so i guess you can have peeping toms when you are a celebrity as well. I never made it to catch him when he was peeping so Im not sure what happens when you do.
  • jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you know that the Muffin Man is dead?

So, is Bill Cowby
    edited July 2009
    My sim was level 10 pop icon in the music career and he kept getting this "yell at peeping sim" or something like that so i guess you can have peeping toms when you are a celebrity as well. I never made it to catch him when he was peeping so Im not sure what happens when you do.

I once had a peeping tom the day I moved my freshly made sim into a house but I think it's hillarious that famous people get more peepers :)

Also when the game says at a certain level of painting "your sim is developing their own style" they are not kidding.
    I hadn't noticed with any of my other sim but one of my sims is painting in a cubic style for 3 paintings in a row now.
  • rgirlrgirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SimLogic51 wrote:
    one thing i don't like about "tending the garden" is that they will harvest any of the vegatables growing that's ready for harvest. :(. I try to grow my veggies to be excellent but next can happen. Thanks to the tending the garden. :(

You want to keep harvesting all your plants so that you can grow the very best of each variety. For example, when you plant a good lettuce that plant will grow very good lettuce, then you harvest that one. Then you plant that very good lettuce and you will grow excellent lettuce. You keep harvesting the very best quality plants and you keep planting them until you grow a PERFECT lettuce (or whatever). And don't forget to fertilize! :wink:
    edited July 2009
    Nnaki wrote:
    did you know...

95% of the posters in this thread are too lazy to actually read the thread itself.

about 50% post dyk's about things that are in the options menu? guess they are too lazy to look through that too.

this is both the greatest thread on the forum and one of the most annoying

HAHAHAHA, I totally agree, this is the best thread cause how else am I supposed to use my 7 hours of work time???
    But It's annoying cause there are SOOOO many repeats!
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    This one is for the people who don't want to read through all the pages wich probably means only one or two of them will read this:

Did You Know that the first post without an actual 'did you know' was the 4th post by Way2tall4u07 saying: "what is kaching again?"

Did You Know that the first page (15 posts) had 7 posts with no information that added to the thread?

Did You Know that the first double DYK was on page 6 when PhantasyGurl repeated something Noir said 18 minutes earlier?

Did You Know that after 127 pages Galilee is still my hero for posting her drag/drop DYK on page 4.

Did You Know that the first 6 pages had 35 irrelevent posts (out of 90)?
    Irrelevent: Questions, Untrue Facts, Responds, Chit-Chat, Stating the Obvious, Encouragements and some other very funny stuff. (The post above this one is an excellent example of irrelevancy)

Ending on a high note:

Did You Know on the first 6 pages I found 42 remarks to be useful at the time.

The reason for this post besides the obvious entertainment value is that people who can't be bothered to read 100+ pages to see if what they are so excited about has already been mentioned should just assume that it has and go back to playing :wink:
  • GingerRaeSGingerRaeS Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009

that happened to my sim baby. . . but it has happened again to my child. . but only once so far screenshot_original.jpg
  • krysimkrysim Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    "DID YOU KNOW"..

Did you know there IS an aspiration points cheat? Before you start to play your family in the MAIN SCREEN type: testingCheatsenabled true (exactly the way I spelt it and with the space inbetween d & t. Then click on your family when it shows up then click on the treasure chest in your tabs where the aspiration points are, and inbetween the treasure chest icon and life time points click the empty area. ex. TREASURE CHEST[ ]Life time points. And it will add +500 points each click, and you can do this as many times as you want. FYI: click the area towards the left, it seems to work best on that side of the empty area.

Let me know if this worked for anyone else :)
    and sorry if its a repeat.
  • NokachiNokachi Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Not sure if it's already been said;

- Did you know that having the baby at home gives you immediate relationship points between the mother and child?
    [And father, I think, if he was there, but I can't be sure about that.]

- When children bake muffins/pies using the toy, as they increase in cooking level, the quality of the muffin gets better, from normal to
    nice to great to excellent!

- Also, when a child uses the cooking/baking toy oven thing, muffins aren't the only thing they can bake! After they reach level 2 of the
    toy, they get the option to bake a pie! Thought this was awesome.

- Oh, yeah, and a sim can only tutor other sims in skills if they reach level 10 of logic.
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2009
    this is quite a long one...

1.if a sim dies but you still have other sims at the house or move in another family the science people will eventually contact you. they say they can bring back a deceased love one(even if you don't know the dead sim) if you take their urn to the science building. you have to pay too, not sure how much. This will not work and they sim will still be a ghost, but you will be able to controll him/her and they won't dissapear in a cloud of smoke. they can live like a normal sim and still age. i'm not sure about aging up as my ghost moved out! rea;;y annoying!

2.if your ghost sim has a special someone and they have children, there is a chance of having ghost kids! really cool lol. I think they will be the same colour as there ghost parent, they stay the same colour to match their death.

an interesting one for you! :D
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2009
    Im0003 wrote:
    this is quite a long one...

1.if a sim dies but you still have other sims at the house or move in another family the science people will eventually contact you. they say they can bring back a deceased love one(even if you don't know the dead sim) if you take their urn to the science building. you have to pay too, not sure how much. This will not work and they sim will still be a ghost, but you will be able to controll him/her and they won't dissapear in a cloud of smoke. they can live like a normal sim and still age. i'm not sure about aging up as my ghost moved out! rea;;y annoying!

2.if your ghost sim has a special someone and they have children, there is a chance of having ghost kids! really cool lol. I think they will be the same colour as there ghost parent, they stay the same colour to match their death.

an interesting one for you! :D

and a piccy to go with it:
    http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=Im0003
    the kid on the floor is also the ghosts.
  • Ruby1Ruby1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Toddlers do this really weird stretchy move with their face they are watching tv, a bit like the photos of people who watched "that video" in the Ring film :shock:
  • SimsationalFranSimsationalFran Posts: 309 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The lot by the waterfall does not give the beautiful vista moodlet :cry:

I built a really nice house there....and nothing...at least they have the beautifully decorated moodlet when in it
  • creativebarbiecreativebarbie Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2009
    This Thread is awesome.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    rgirl wrote:
    SimLogic51 wrote:
    one thing i don't like about "tending the garden" is that they will harvest any of the vegatables growing that's ready for harvest. :(. I try to grow my veggies to be excellent but next can happen. Thanks to the tending the garden. :(

You want to keep harvesting all your plants so that you can grow the very best of each variety. For example, when you plant a good lettuce that plant will grow very good lettuce, then you harvest that one. Then you plant that very good lettuce and you will grow excellent lettuce. You keep harvesting the very best quality plants and you keep planting them until you grow a PERFECT lettuce (or whatever). And don't forget to fertilize! :wink:

Your Sims don't need to Tend Garden everyday. Some days they can just weed. This keeps them from picking the fruit, which lets the fruit become better. I've noticed this especially in money bags - letting them hang on the tree an extra day makes them more than double in value.

For anyone too lazy to read the whole thread, I've been keeping notes in my blog: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Schweighsr

RavynLeeBourdon did a similar exercise from pages 1 to 83, it can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?44txjqmqy2a I didn't discover it until I did the first 83 pages myself, though.