Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• SinjanSinjan Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The high end toilet (can't remember name of it) has blue water in it and sims move their eyes from left to right as they read.
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ruby1 wrote:
    My sim was very happy to woohoo with the maid in front of his girlfriend and their kids :shock: :mrgreen: The result was the "betrayed" reaction which is very good and results in lots of fight options, such as slap, insult, taunt etc. :twisted:

Rather annoying when my sim gets pregnant AGAIN and I hadn't used the woohoo or try for baby action, I didn't want her to have baby no.6 :roll:

ok kewl, I didnt know there was jealousy yet...well i was told there wasnt....time to experiment ..again ..^.^ the results could be interesting hehehe ^.^
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    jujee55 wrote:
    When you have kids with a NPC fireman, burglar, etc. you can get a hidden trait. I know old news, but did you know that trait becomes part of you DNA and can show up in any generation.
    Generation 2 had triplets with a firefighter, generation 6 have the pyromaniac trait.

Now I NEED a firefighter...rofl!!!^.^
  • Ruby1Ruby1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ruby1 wrote:
    My sim was very happy to woohoo with the maid in front of his girlfriend and their kids :shock: :mrgreen: The result was the "betrayed" reaction which is very good and results in lots of fight options, such as slap, insult, taunt etc. :twisted:

Rather annoying when my sim gets pregnant AGAIN and I hadn't used the woohoo or try for baby action, I didn't want her to have baby no.6 :roll:

ok kewl, I didnt know there was jealousy yet...well i was told there wasnt....time to experiment ..again ..^.^ the results could be interesting hehehe ^.^

It comes up with a dagger to the heart and the girlfriend and kids continually abused the poor maid when she stupidly agreed to move in with him, it was a bit crowded :mrgreen: Luckily the girlfriend was older so she died shortly afterwards and the kids moved out. I stopped playing them after that, I got bored :wink:
  • GingerRaeSGingerRaeS Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    toddlers make the funniest faces when they use the potty chair :oops: :lol:
  • purple_beejeepurple_beejee Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2009

toddlers can watch tv

you can talk on the phone while holding a baby or toddler

sim children can randomly get a lifetime wish (it is gold and if you promise it it becomes their lifetime wish)

maids steal your food and brush their teeth in your sink!!! its very annoying

• Lochar67Lochar67 Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know who posted it but clicking on needs does NOT have my sim try to fulfill them.

Also saw something interesting while viewing the traits with sim. It seems they highlight when a sim is using them. For example the perfectionist trait highlighted and them sim then went to mop up puddle letting me know that trait was what drove her.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited July 2009
    Lochar67 wrote:
    I don't know who posted it but clicking on needs does NOT have my sim try to fulfill them.

You have to type in TestingCheatsEnabled true, then slide the moods bars across or just shift click the mailbox and make the needs static = always full.
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • SimsationalFranSimsationalFran Posts: 309 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I recently noticed that the flat screen TVs (not just pictures) can be placed on windows now, not just walls

I also learned the hard way that setting a robber free after they try to rob your house does not stop your house from being robbed again even though the robber claims to make it up to me. I was also friends with the police officer who arrested her and since I let the robber free, I lost her friendship and she was really mad at me. So I don't see the benefit of setting the robbers free.
    edited July 2009
    That also works for paintings and mirrors on the windows.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2009
    hushfirefly
    This is OT but in your siggy the last picture, what movie is that from.
    edited July 2009
    Wonderland March 2010.... unfortunatley.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • MidnightAgendaMidnightAgenda Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Igotsofar wrote:
    Zoeslovely wrote:
    LOVE the "Arrested Development" references.......There's the "never-nude" trait, but also the Koffi household has a *** guy named "Gobias" which is a combo of "Gob" and "Tobias"

Loved that!!! Maxis has a super sense of humour!!

p.s Miss that show dearly!
    It's Gobias Koffi as in 'go buy us - coffee'

LOL. I would have never guessed that!
  • Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lochar67 wrote:

I have had it work for eating and sleeping.
  • MidnightAgendaMidnightAgenda Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know that if you take your baby anywhere they are not in a car seat.

lol. 🐸🐸🐸🐸???
  • Princess86342Princess86342 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited July 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    some of you proally already know this but:

Did you know you can take a baby/toddler to community lot?
    That if you tell a Sim to go home before picking up the baby/toddler they will go off without it?
    That when a Sim serves toddler food they put it in the food processor?
    When a Sim is walking backwards (to teach tot to walk) they look behind them?

:D

OMG Then what will happen to the baby/toddler?! Do you have to go get it, or will it come back?
    edited July 2009
    Xanita38 wrote:
    luviedubie wrote:
    Thanks everyone^.^ I seriously luv this thread ^.^

Fyi, the gnome moving still scares me...O.o

Mee too

Mine kept going back into the fridge

s-c-a-r-y

Mine went by the car first, then it only changed positions, but it was still by the car, now it has been lying down in the garden long enough for 3 babies to be born (who are now children) and the mother to become an elder.
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know that Simaroo.com has everything you need to start your own stories, make your own videos, have your own screenshot albums, Read your own horoscopes in your profile,create your own blogs, have your very own personal profile that makes yours here look like child's play? Your very own realty complete with V-card and icons for each room and bath? Full exchange!

Just had to throw in a plug for my site. Could not think of any did you knows. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited July 2009
    Mieyonna04 wrote:
    Xina42 wrote:
    Yup, Motherlode and Kaching both still work.
    You no longer have to shop for clothes as your sim can go into CAS from their dresser/wardrobe.
    Babies no longer need to be bathed. (kinda annoyed me the first time).
    Kids keep their homework in their inventory.
    If your sim is a daredevil everything he does, even sleep, is EXTREME.

I had no idea!!! I've been all annoyed that I was stuck in the same outfit all the time. I've not even tried the darn dressers since their was no clothing store to stock them with. Don't I feel silly....THANKS!!!
    That was silly not have added a clothing store.

you can set up to 3 different outfits for each cattegory.. they disapear though if you ever change households :(

Also, speaking of it.... DYK:
    when you switch households you lose alot of your invitory, even your fish and produce in your fridge!! I had collected diomonds, seeds, rocks, metals and had many "perfect" items....even my EXPENSIVE lifetime reward objects went missing!!

:shock: So that's why my Collection Helper AND all my uncut gems in my inventory went missing!! UUGGGHHH! I feel so dumb! I spent forever looking for them after I switched back to that household, because they were both inventory items and I thought they fell out or something. *Gasp* I just realized I had over 700 fruits and vegetables in my fridge, including the flame fruit, life fruit, and death flower! Now I'm scared to switch back into that household, for fear of discovery of missing items.
  • dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I didn't know abut the dragging of newspapers and books, that will saveme some time. Thanks
    I bought one guitar and the next sim day found two others there, I did wonder if it was my kleptomaniac teen, but I thought the things she stole only turned up in family inventory. :roll:
  • AwesomenesskittysAwesomenesskittys Posts: 47 New Member
    edited July 2009
    How do you make a signature on here, like, I saw musicmom's a lot in this forum! I want to know how, I haven't found out yet... :(
  • slave4music89slave4music89 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    happyjme wrote:
    I was reading the guid last night and found out a bunch of interesting things

: I knew we'd be able to play ghosts, but I didnt know we'd be able to have ghosts babies!!!

that is so cool :)How do you playt ghost:?:
  • Aid3333PAid3333P Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    testingcheatsenabled true doesnt work on skills =(
  • slave4music89slave4music89 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :cry:I miss the sims having memories. I thought that was a great idea on their part.
  • ApplesodaApplesoda Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :cry:I miss the sims having memories. I thought that was a great idea on their part.

I know me too! Its like a sim will die, then after two days they completely have no memory of it. Memories sort of kept track of everything that happened in a sims life, and now after the moodlets are gone, its like it never happened! I hope they'll come out in an expansion =]