Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DYK that when you (the player) look through a window of a house you can see the people but not the furniture?

When you make your sim look through the window you can see the whole thing.

So my "lets get the whole town pregnant" sim picked up his daughter (toddler) from her moms house and took her home with him.
    He fed her, potty-trained her and put her in a crib.
    She kept waking up so he finally put her outside in the middle of the night!!
    She crawled all the way home!
  • giraffegiraffe Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Evil sims wash their hands with evil soap :twisted:
  • anezanez Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know, if your sims is dead and when the science lab asked you to bring their urn to them, they will "resurrected" them?

But it never worked..your sims will come back as playable ghost. I had the whole family killed and then bring them to the science lab and i now have a family of ghosts!!hahaha.. :lol: Then i changed the graveyard to residential then had them moved in there..creepy!
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MAK08642 wrote:
    vmoodswing wrote:
    It isn't a good idea to have mom sim cooking on the stove when she is close to delivery. If she goes into labor, she ignores the food and starts a fire. I had one who not only stopped cooking but ignored the fire and left for the hospital, Dad sim had to drive her so he left the house too. The fire department did show up and put out the fire, but Mom Dad and baby came home to a big mess.

The insurance did not nearly pay enough to cover the damages. Sim homeowner insurance deductables are entirely too high. :x

I had the worst pregnancy glitch ever. My girl and her husband were in the bed cuddling. And then she went into labor, u can hear her screaming, and running down the stairs. Even the icons for them changed. But guess what they was still cuddling on the bed. It sucked rofl I had to restart what I had been doing for hourssssss!!! rofl I can laugh now, I wasnt earlier... :x But they was stuck literally. I tried all kinds of things, but to nothing worked....My other girl was grilling and let the grill go when she went into labor rofl wasnt a good thing. :cry: Telln u the bad accidents I have, geesh. lololol

There is a way to use a cheat and move your sims...Almost lost a mom and toddler that way....Let me sleep on it and see if I can remember.

I did use a cheat. lol I tried to teleport them, I tried to move objects nothing worked, they kept like springing back for sum reason. lol It was horrible. But, through all this u could hear her in pain like shes having the baby. The icon for her read hospital, his was that he was meetn her. lol I had to go out without saving that was the only thing that helped lolol Lost all I had done for hours, I learned a lesson that day. I save once every hour now rofl :D
  • 23Strawberry23Strawberry Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2009
    E9wLys wrote:
    Of course when I first started playing the game, I started to see if the old cheat codes worked, and found that motherlode, moveobjects on worked fine, but the AgeSimsCheat on didn't work. I then found that when you buy a birthday cake in buy mode and place it on the counter, you can have one of your sims blowout the candles and they will age :-)

I also tried the cheat code: testingCheatsenabled true. This works great! Ane after you have chosen a sim to do whatever, you can hold the shift key and left click anywhere and you can teleport them; I know, and they get around much faster, I even have them teleport across the city and back, and the only way I found this out was that my one sim found a meteor while looking into the telescope, so she teleported across town, put that huge meteor into her inventory, then teleported back home:-)

This sim has really gotten into gardening, handyskills such as fixing everything up, is a mad scientist level, and loves computers, she has gotten to the point of trying experiments on most electrical stuff, and I know she can do this to the bed to, but I didn't have her do this yet:-)

:) He He I tried this with my sim. Very Star Trek :mrgreen:
  • iplaysism4iplaysism4 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have a neat sim and i haven't seen the "clean house" option. Maybe that's because she's still a child...? Reply to my help post under General please!
  • JayyyyJayyyy Posts: 461 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had Jamie Jolina have Hank Goddard over for a little romance and I noticed the " Ask to break up with Pauline " button. I clicked it while Pauline Wan was there. He went over to her, broke up, and she came over and fought Jamie Jolina. After the fight (she was pregnant with Hank) she went into labor. She had a girl.
  • Simmin247Simmin247 Posts: 213 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Using the style tool you can change nearly every single item on a lot up to and including, trashcan, car, matching sofa, counters, wallpaper, floor tiles, including their bedsheet sets!!. AND you can make your Sims clothes the same texture as all that too.
    When you build a staircase you can make it up to 9 stairs wide, and you can automatically incase the stairs in walls and texture the walls to match the room and wallpaper you have.

You can also do highlights in multiple layers on every single object I mentioned as well, up to 6 I think.
    ULTRA COOL!!!!!!!!
    really! How do u do it? Like I know how to get to create a style but how do u do highlghts on objects?
  • SaffronnSaffronn Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    JPWriting wrote:
    Noir wrote:
    when you have catch like 10 fishes of one kind you can fill up your own (or others) pond with it! :D

I stocked mine with sharks!

Now if only I had some laser beams...

Hahaha! Frickin' laser beams! Love it! :D
  • Shadow20Shadow20 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There is a flame fruit bush in the garden at Gobias Koffi's house. You can go over there and harvest it. Then you can plant a flame fruit bush in your own garden, or make baked angel food cake with it. There's also an Omni plant in the garden behind the science lab. There are a lot of rare and special seeds on the ground around the lab too. Also, there is a death flower bush in the cemetary. It's to the right of the entrance.
  • ntrevino96ntrevino96 Posts: 577 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ways 2 Kill Sims

Blue Ghost-Drown
    Put walls around your pool.When your sim becomes exhausted and can't leave the pool they will start to drown.

Purple Ghost-Starve
    Lock your sim in an empty room and wait a long time.

Yellow Ghost-Electrocution
    Have a technophobe sabatouge a stero (or other electronic) and then make sure you have a large puddle. Put the stero in the puddle and have a sim try to fix it. After the first electrocution they will walk away...make them try and fix it again then they will die.

Red Ghost-Burn
    Make a small room with a fireplace and lock your sim in.Make sure you have alot of rugs to burn!

• AdlynAdlyn Posts: 493 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i didn't read all the 120 pages i read a few and i didn't see this. that you can have a mad scientist perform experiments on items and people. :mrgreen:
    3703644798_3f4d1ef893.jpg?v=0
    3703644402_2f4d2fc04f.jpg?v=0
  • dayrona108dayrona108 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Have you ever played with the Sims before, well now is your opportunity to participate in the contest and win up to $1000 cash. If you have the Sims 2 you can chose any country that you like and create a Miss Sims make sure you name it and include the swimwear and evening gown dresses and email it to the submission email which is: dayrona@me.com
    Remember the deadline is August 28, 2009. For more information please visit the official YouTube website, and you can also join the official Facebook group at:
    www.youtube.com/missuniversesims
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119987175736&ref=ts
  • TipixTipix Posts: 48 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Shadow20 wrote:
    There is a flame fruit bush in the garden at Gobias Koffi's house. You can go over there and harvest it. Then you can plant a flame fruit bush in your own garden, or make baked angel food cake with it.

Having the flame fruit in your inventory gives your sims an instant warm from the fire moodlet! I love that.
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have read through the 100 post of this forum and haven't found this one.
    The light from the Plumbob turns white when your sim is has an Elated Mood.
  • nvvinvvi Posts: 132 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There are many information sources that say you have to be a level 9 to catch a lobster, you have to be a level something to catch something else...
    This is not always true. Your sim can actually catch a fish that is as high as 3 levels above you, as long as your sim has LOADS of patients and the correct bait. I read this in the Prima Guide, and i have proof. I caught a Robot Fish at level 7 (it 'needs' a level 9) and a salmon at level 5 (it 'needs' a level 6).
    Hope this helps!
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Shadow20 wrote:
    There is a flame fruit bush in the garden at Gobias Koffi's house. You can go over there and harvest it. Then you can plant a flame fruit bush in your own garden, or make baked angel food cake with it. There's also an Omni plant in the garden behind the science lab. There are a lot of rare and special seeds on the ground around the lab too. Also, there is a death flower bush in the cemetary. It's to the right of the entrance.

Wat does the flame bush actually do? O.o
  • Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sims have tongues.
  • DANIW523DANIW523 Posts: 782 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you hover your mouse over the time, you can find out the week and day you're on.
  • StoriesMyStyleStoriesMyStyle Posts: 111 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Make Happy code!
    YAYA! LOL
  • bbytxs4bbytxs4 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    o yes! once i went into this room in the house, and my sims had this thing that said "room unfinished" but i dint kno what to do..so i dint do a thing except change the floor which dint make a diff lolz!

It is bc some flooring is like constructiony and the sim doesnt like it, or it could b from unpainted walls too i had the same problem!!!
  • Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    acee313 wrote:
    I have read through the 100 post of this forum and haven't found this one.
    The light from the Plumbob turns white when your sim is has an Elated Mood.

I have my sims in a pretty good mood usually (all the way full) I have never had a white plumbob since the sims 2
  • anfgrl968anfgrl968 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Did you know....
    All//most of the tv shows on your sims tv are made by the sims 2.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited July 2009
    you can name your fish that you catch in your pond and put in in a fish bowl and have it as a pet.:)
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • OyaOshunOyaOshun Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have read all 120 pages of this thread and have not seen this yet:

(Do you know)... how to find out what another sim's favourite food is?

I get desires to cook another sims favourite dish... but even ttalking to / getting to know them for hours I never seem to discover what their favourite is. Please help!