Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    tfaciane wrote:
    This is small, but I just found this out.

When your Sim is pregnant, she can't change her appearance in the mirror. At first I thought it was just that mirror, but when I clicked on the mirror for the husband, he had that option still.

My girls clothes seem to be different each pregnancy, does this happen to u also? Or anyone else for that matter?O.o
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited July 2009
    Mieyonna04 wrote:
    GuyIncogneato wrote:
    Finally figured out that in Riverview the Death fish are in the river next to the cemetery. What is up with that? Why not just have a pool? Oh and is anyone else disappointed in how hard it is to get sims to walk past each other? Yes a lot of foot tapping in my game!

I was also thinking that slide meters would work so much better. Since all the traits work as a function of algorithms anyways, why not have slide meters on the traits? Not just good or evil, but either neutral or a couple of notches in either direction. That would truly make things more unique and interesting. Just a thought; sometimes I wish they would just consult me rather then wait for these kind of improvements lmao.

omg...I have been hunting that darn fish for EVER!!! I gave up. It was driving me nuts. what level do you have to be to get it?

Per the Prima Guide...

You need to be at Level 10 in Fishing to catch a Death Fish. Also, they are ONLY at the water near a cemetary and you can only catch it between Midnight and 5AM, best if you use Angelfish as bait.

Info from Prima Guide. Hope this helps!!

Also if you have a pond at your home,and you catch ten deathfish,you can stock your own pond,but they can only be caught after midnite.
    edited July 2009
    Mieyonna04 wrote:
    GuyIncogneato wrote:
    Finally figured out that in Riverview the Death fish are in the river next to the cemetery. What is up with that? Why not just have a pool? Oh and is anyone else disappointed in how hard it is to get sims to walk past each other? Yes a lot of foot tapping in my game!

I was also thinking that slide meters would work so much better. Since all the traits work as a function of algorithms anyways, why not have slide meters on the traits? Not just good or evil, but either neutral or a couple of notches in either direction. That would truly make things more unique and interesting. Just a thought; sometimes I wish they would just consult me rather then wait for these kind of improvements lmao.

omg...I have been hunting that darn fish for EVER!!! I gave up. It was driving me nuts. what level do you have to be to get it?

Per the Prima Guide...

You need to be at Level 10 in Fishing to catch a Death Fish. Also, they are ONLY at the water near a cemetary and you can only catch it between Midnight and 5AM, best if you use Angelfish as bait.

Info from Prima Guide. Hope this helps!!

Also if you have a pond at your home,and you catch ten deathfish,you can stock your own pond,but they can only be caught after midnite.

I finally got the deathfish, but now I have no freakn clue where to find the dang seed for the life tree, argh gawd!!! If this wasnt such a stoopid accident I did, I wouldnt be going through all this rofl :shock:
  • mellliexmellliex Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tantan wrote:
    Insane Sims sleep in whatever they want. Learned that the hard way.. lol.

I really thought i had a glitch! my insane sim wore his formal clothes to be... three days in a row, then his swimming trunks! lol
  • peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    mellliex wrote:
    Tantan wrote:

I really thought i had a glitch! my insane sim wore his formal clothes to be... three days in a row, then his swimming trunks! lol
    lol i must be insane IRL... i've fallen asleep (more like passed out) in a bikini after i got home from a pool party ^_^
  • vmoodswingvmoodswing Posts: 72 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It isn't a good idea to have mom sim cooking on the stove when she is close to delivery. If she goes into labor, she ignores the food and starts a fire. I had one who not only stopped cooking but ignored the fire and left for the hospital, Dad sim had to drive her so he left the house too. The fire department did show up and put out the fire, but Mom Dad and baby came home to a big mess.

The insurance did not nearly pay enough to cover the damages. Sim homeowner insurance deductables are entirely too high. :x
    edited July 2009
    vmoodswing wrote:
    It isn't a good idea to have mom sim cooking on the stove when she is close to delivery. If she goes into labor, she ignores the food and starts a fire. I had one who not only stopped cooking but ignored the fire and left for the hospital, Dad sim had to drive her so he left the house too. The fire department did show up and put out the fire, but Mom Dad and baby came home to a big mess.

The insurance did not nearly pay enough to cover the damages. Sim homeowner insurance deductables are entirely too high. :x

I had the worst pregnancy glitch ever. My girl and her husband were in the bed cuddling. And then she went into labor, u can hear her screaming, and running down the stairs. Even the icons for them changed. But guess what they was still cuddling on the bed. It sucked rofl I had to restart what I had been doing for hourssssss!!! rofl I can laugh now, I wasnt earlier... :x But they was stuck literally. I tried all kinds of things, but to nothing worked....My other girl was grilling and let the grill go when she went into labor rofl wasnt a good thing. :cry: Telln u the bad accidents I have, geesh. lololol
  • simmahsimmah Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but after you complete a LTW, eventually another one will come so that you may select it. I had one sim get up to five completed in his lifetime, which started when he was an adult.

What??? I've never had this happen to me, and I'm on at least my third generation. :( I wonder if it's related to traits?
  • steftexgal81721steftexgal81721 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    what is kaching again?

1000 Bucks
    edited July 2009
    happyjme wrote:
    I was reading the guid last night and found out a bunch of interesting things
    : "certain parcels of land (like living on the beach) give sims on them the beautiful vista moodlet"
    : You have to teach your toddler all the skills like walking, talking, and potty training in order to be able to pick their traits when they grow into a child
    : You can be demoted or fired from your job if your mood or hygiene is to low.
    : I knew we'd be able to play ghosts, but I didnt know we'd be able to have ghosts babies!!!
    : Daredevils never burn to death in a fire (someone said they couldnt get their sim to die)
    : sims with certain traits unlock diffrent interactiins only they can get
    : Pyromaniac is a hidden trait given to children of firefighter NPCs. Pyros can set things on fire and get a positive moodlet. They can turn a fruit into a flame fruit and eat it, they can also get an immune to fire trait as well
    :children of the burgler NPC may get a sneaky trait
    :if your sims make Ambrosia (you need Angel food cake and the deathfish) you can extend the sims life or feed it to a ghost to try and bring it back to life :)
    : Dads get days off when a baby is born too
    : If you want twins or triplets watch the kids channel or listen to kids music station. If you do both at the same time it increases the chances!
    : If you eat 3 apples you increas the chance of having a boy, eat 3 servings or watermelon and you increas the chance of having a girl
    :Kleptos can steal anything, even gravestones lol
    :if you are in the military carrer you unlock special interations to impress dates and friends such as show sim the jet or spaceship, it will increase they sims relationship

I hope that wasnt to much info guys!!! I just get uber excited LOL :)

OMG, it would of took me years to figure this stuff out! Thanks.
    edited July 2009
    did you know...
    there is a shirt on the exchange with a pot leaf on it ^_^

oh and if you drink caffeine you get a "buzzed" moodlet and then later "buzz crashed" moodlet - it related to me so much lol

I think you have the prettiest avatar I've seen so far. I like her lips.
  • mus1cl0v3r2747mus1cl0v3r2747 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :D fireplaces won't get catch on fire

after my sim learns a new recipe
    the book disappears?
  • mus1cl0v3r2747mus1cl0v3r2747 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    oh sims can now talk on the phone
    while carrying a kid
    and dont need a fridge to feed the baby
  • musiclikelovemusiclikelove Posts: 163 New Member
    edited July 2009
    sim children can fish in a swimming pool and actually catch fish and other things.(even without the angler trait)

idk if this is just a glitch with my game, but i'm pretty sure it's not. and i don't know if this one has been posted but i don't have the time or patience to look through 116 pages to find out.
  • Gamegirl6000Gamegirl6000 Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If your sim throws away perfectly good food, they'll get a negative moodlet and if read it's description it says, "Don't throw away perfectly good food, there are children in Strangetown starving!" :lol:
  • gildedirisgildediris Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2009
    HarleyGirl wrote:
    Everytime you pay the bills you have a different fundraiser or charity to donate to lol I thought that was cool.quote]

The only time I had this was when I had an evil sim. They got their jollies from "donating to undermine a charity." How you go about doing that, I dont know. Disappearing money, perhaps? Perhaps it shows how backwards and messed up evil sims are that they do something good thinking it's evil.
  • masha123masha123 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited July 2009
    mellliex wrote:
    Tantan wrote:

lol i must be insane IRL... i've fallen asleep (more like passed out) in a bikini after i got home from a pool party ^_^

peaceloveharmony, your avatar is the prettiest one i have seen so far... is it just me, or does she look a bit like angelina jolie?
    :wink:
  • monsterkittymonsterkitty Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sorry if these have been mentioned before:

One of my Sims witnessed the death of another while leaving his workplace. He was standing right by the dying Sim and he glowed red just as she did. When he went home, he was wearing her clothes and hairstyle! After that he had an interest in ghosts. Then, I had him visit the graveyard and he got in a fight with one of the ghosts, lol.

If your Sim is low on cash, go to the Stonehenge monument by going into "Town" mode clicking on "Go here" and start collecting butterflies. My Sim caught a green dragonfly worth about $175.00!! Go after the purple butterflies too.

If you move the cam back and forth close and away from the ground, it's much easier to see what's available to pick up for more $$$$$

I love the way Sims can upgrade showers, toilets, and such to be self-cleaning. I'm having my older Sim parents do that so their child won't have to spend so much time cleaning the house later. (btw, if you buy a new shower or toilet later, it will no longer be self-cleaning and they will have to do it over again)

• rikstiriksti Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    tfaciane wrote:
    This is small, but I just found this out.

When your Sim is pregnant, she can't change her appearance in the mirror. At first I thought it was just that mirror, but when I clicked on the mirror for the husband, he had that option still.

I had that problem with one of my sims (can't remember if she was pregnant or not) but I found that I could change her appearance when she was in her sleepwear but not when she was wearing everyday clothes. You might want to try that.
  • peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    masha123 wrote:
    mellliex wrote:
    Tantan wrote:

peaceloveharmony, your avatar is the prettiest one i have seen so far... is it just me, or does she look a bit like angelina jolie?
    :wink:

thank you!! i changed it like 10 times in the last few hours lol but i think i currently have the one you are talking about. yeah i think she does a bit :)
  • Shadow20Shadow20 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if this has been posted yet. Pregnant sims can't run on the treadmill, but they can "pump iron" and go jogging. :lol:
  • EatonOliverEatonOliver Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There's BIG money in writing books.
    I wrote a masterpiece that gives me 20k a week in royalties.
    My total royalties for that sim is over 120k a week at the moment.

The moodlet manager is awesome!!!
    It is the reason I'm able to write so much. Do yourself a favor and buy it as soon as possible with your lifetime happiness points. You never have to stop to eat, pee, sleep, socialize, bathe, or entertain yourself again!!!
  • CheekyChocolate6CheekyChocolate6 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited July 2009
    - My Sim went fishing and caught a 'rubber duck'!! :-o
    Well, this really made me laugh, but what made me laugh more was when I was moving my cursor around trying to find some place to put it down, and I found I could put it on the bathtub!! :shock:
    It was so immense - when my Sim had a bath, the duck would float about in the water!! :D And when the Sim got out, they'd have a positive moodlet to do with the duck that lasts for hours!! :lol:

- You can name fish, bugs, and even teddy bears!!
    (Yes I LOL-ed! :lol: I should call my next teddy Arnold... :wink:
    The reason being the first/last teddy I named was called 'Jerry' or something :P)

:DHappy Simming!! :D
    edited July 2009
    Anyone else have strange things happen with ghosts? Like for instance my ghost died from hunger, every other night he comes back. He cooks eats then has the sick face above his head and he dashes to the bathroom then he throws up. Is this normal? I have another hunger ghost but he has nvr done this ever, well so far. lol :shock:

So, I was kinda curious lol I've nvr had one do that before. Do all ghosts do random stuff like this? :? :shock:

And btw, I learned that if u have ur baby at home, u get a random trait instead of choosing. And if ur kids grow up in a bad mood, u cant choose either. :cry: I made a few mistakes alone the way. :shock: [/color]
  • 23Strawberry23Strawberry Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2009
    from happyjme : If you eat 3 apples you increas the chance of having a boy, eat 3 servings or watermelon and you increas the chance of having a girl.
    I know this was a long time ago, but I just hopped online and found this post. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about the whole watermelon increases your chances of having a girl thing, but after my sim had five boys :?, I was a little desperate. What do ya know, it worked! :lol: My sim now has a beautiful baby girl! Happyjme, where did you get this info? Very interesting. :wink: