Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to become a tattoo artist?

Comments

• Options
    JxG1991JxG1991 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Hosfac wrote:
    JxG91 wrote:
    I read an article in which Grant R. said you're supposed to get paid for tattoos. He also never said it was a full-fledged profession. Has anyone gotten paid for their tattoos before?

It's been a long time since I've tried to give tattoos, but when I did my sims got paid half of what it costs to get a tattoo (75 simoleons), but only if the person getting the tattoo was not a member of the household. Also, the chair was purchased and set up in the home, so it's possible that affects it too.

And they got paid whether the tattoos were good or bad.

Really? Hmmmm, interesting. I suppose I'll have to give it another shot then. When you say "in the home" do you mean that it has to be placed indoors?
  • Options
    melindas6melindas6 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Lmfaoo...i looked no luck ...now i have to settle with another profession :(
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited February 2011
    JxG91 wrote:
    When you say "in the home" do you mean that it has to be placed indoors?

Mine was, but I would assume that it would only need to be somewhere on the home lot.
  • Options
    thenowheremanthenowhereman Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Perhaps renting a venue and setting up the chairs there would bring in more money? I haven't tried it yet though.
  • Options
    SimSoupSimSoup Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    mangobird wrote:
    Update: The Tattoo artist is none other than *drum roll* Cho Showhun! *dramatic music*. This is seriously strange. I just used the "Make me know everyone" cheat, and she only has 4 traits! This means she's a teenager! Which is really adding to the weirdness of this!

Cho Showhun is my girlfriend in the sims! I actually have control over her as I invited her to live in my house but she's not a tattoo artist, she's just a bookstore clerk or something. I believe that it's a "moonlighting" career...
  • Options
    SimSoupSimSoup Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    I looked everywhere for info on the tattoo career with hopes that you can get more tattoos, such as the ones on the girls arm on the boxart, but i havent had any luck.
    If someone does find out please tell me how to unlock extra tattoo options

I think that the picture on the box just illustrates the fact that you can go to the salon and get a tattoo, and that there is the tattoo option in CAS. But, I do think that would be classed as false advertising.
  • Options
    twilightvampire57twilightvampire57 Posts: 99
    edited February 2011
    you can become a tattoo artist you have to get to a certain level in the stylist career and they branch out so you could became a tattoo artist or stylist. Same as the crimanal career track. :roll:
  • Options
    sims24eva6sims24eva6 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2011
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_traits_do_you_need_to_become_a_tattoo_artist_in_sims_3_ambitions

I Came Accross The Above..
    Please Test It And If It Works Tell Me :) Thanks xx
  • Options
    babyjoobabyjoo Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    you can become a tattoo artist you have to get to a certain level in the stylist career and they branch out so you could became a tattoo artist or stylist. Same as the crimanal career track. :roll:

My sim reached level 10 in the Stylist career and never through out the game did it ask me, or showed anything about branching out to become a tattoo artist. Did you actually do this yourself?
  • Options
    hayley619hayley619 Posts: 174
    edited March 2011
    i was looking forward to my sim being one when i got ambitions.

its so bad of EA for false advertising. it wouldn't be that hard for them to release a patch!
  • Options
    hayley619hayley619 Posts: 174
    edited March 2011
    babyjoo wrote:

My sim reached level 10 in the Stylist career and never through out the game did it ask me, or showed anything about branching out to become a tattoo artist. Did you actually do this yourself?

same. no option whatsoever
  • Options
    SarinaSmilesSarinaSmiles Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    I just got back on the sims today after a while, and quit my job as it was pretty much a waste of time to get to such a high level when I'm a jack of all trades (Reach level 5 of 4 jobs for lifetime reward), and wanted to become a tattooist, but couldn't figure it out.

Once I got back on, there was an update for my game and patches released.
    So, with that said, has anyone figured out how to get into the profession since the last update?
  • Options
    JxG1991JxG1991 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Has anyone else given tattoos from home and gotten paid for them? If not, maybe someone with a fair amount of modding knowledge could improve the tattooing system (make it a full skill, associate it with a career, profession, self-employed, etc...) Maybe that could be my summer project...

oh wait, I know squat about modding T_T
  • Options
    GreyRustGreyRust Posts: 61
    edited June 2011
    mangobird wrote:
    Update: The Tattoo artist is none other than *drum roll* Cho Showhun! *dramatic music*. This is seriously strange. I just used the "Make me know everyone" cheat, and she only has 4 traits! This means she's a teenager! Which is really adding to the weirdness of this!

She's an adult. A lot of NPC's have less than 5 traits. I think some pizza deliverers only have 2 traits.
  • Options
    phoebe12341234phoebe12341234 Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Apparently the Tattoo artist is an off shoot of the stylist job so you need to pick the fashion phenomenon. You will need dramatic, friendly, artistic, charasmatic and perfectionis. Took my so long to figure this out.. :mrgreen::lol: :-o :wink:
  • Options
    phoebe12341234phoebe12341234 Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:sorry i said that rong what you do is you add the tattoo artist(in the sallon or some won who works as won) to your family by tipeing in testingCheatsenabled true. then press shift and left click together an it will say 'add to family'so you click that and then you have a tattoo artist in your family or you just kill them and then there will be noo tattoo artist so then the job might be avalable note i havent tried this so i dont no but i think it will help and there is a hidden tattoo skill soo you can unlock it!!! :lol:

it is a verry good way and you can also become in another cool level in tattoo artist hope it helps phoebe :!: :thumbup:
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I've heard you can buy the chair and offer tattoos. Its not much of a profession like I thought it would be...I figured it'd be like the stylist career. :/
  • Options
    NubzXNubzX Posts: 79
    edited June 2011
    Demonia wrote:
    False advertising pure and simple.

"Enjoy all-new skills and activities! Master the arts of inventing, sculpting, and tattooing, and use your skills to earn Simoleons."

Take the time to become a master inventor register at city hall only to find out there is no way to get jobs inventing stuff
    Spend days upon end making stuff to sell it and also find out there is no place to even sell them except the thing to drag them onto in your inventory

In short I feel your pain
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My Sims have recieved tattoos, but I don't know how to get them to become the tattoo artist! The only tattoo artist in the town is the one in the basement of the Salon and the artist is some girl named Betty Willis or something. I want my Sim to be the tattoo artist. I tried buying a tattoo machine in my Sim's home but she couldn't register as a tattoo artist like she could as a painter or a gardener, and the only people she could give tattoos to were her family members. How do you get your Sim to be the town's tattoo artist?
    If you don't mind using mods, get Twallan's Register mod and assign the tattoo chair role to your active (or inactive) sim. The mod is setup to pay your sims an hourly wage (which you can set this value) regardless of whether your sim tattoos clients or not :-) I used this mod to assign 2 inactive CAS townies (one for each Ambitions Salon) in my SV hood. I set their hourly wages to 200/hr, so they make a really decent living---they actually make more than some rabbit hole jobs as a matter of fact!
  • Options
    silvaze11223344silvaze11223344 Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    when i did that i didnt get any skill points for tattooing
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2011
    NubzX wrote:
    Demonia wrote:

"Enjoy all-new skills and activities! Master the arts of inventing, sculpting, and tattooing, and use your skills to earn Simoleons."

Take the time to become a master inventor register at city hall only to find out there is no way to get jobs inventing stuff
    Spend days upon end making stuff to sell it and also find out there is no place to even sell them except the thing to drag them onto in your inventory

You need one skill point in inventing to get the job, and you can sell the stuff at the consignment store.
  • Options
    NubzXNubzX Posts: 79
    edited June 2011
    clubers wrote:
    NubzX wrote:
    Demonia wrote:

You need one skill point in inventing to get the job, and you can sell the stuff at the consignment store.

still makes it sort of useless for me to have spent all the time I did with it
    also there is no shop in BB that I see
  • Options
    awesome1311awesome1311 Posts: 149 New Member
    edited August 2011
    No registering - just get the chair, ivite people over and offer tattoos - simple.

Okay that may be a good idea but I want to actually get paid for that. :?
  • Options
    joethemoviemakerjoethemoviemaker Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Ok that cho lady is not a tattoo person Why? you may say well i fell in love with her and when we got married it said Unemployed and i was like What? anyway I think they are just for show
  • Options
    LadyParkerLadyParker Posts: 81 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Apparently the Tattoo artist is an off shoot of the stylist job so you need to pick the fashion phenomenon. You will need dramatic, friendly, artistic, charasmatic and perfectionis. Took my so long to figure this out..

:mrgreen::mrgreen:sorry i said that rong what you do is you add the tattoo artist(in the sallon or some won who works as won) to your family by tipeing in testingCheatsenabled true. then press shift and left click together an it will say 'add to family'so you click that and then you have a tattoo artist in your family or you just kill them and then there will be noo tattoo artist so then the job might be avalable note i havent tried this so i dont no but i think it will help and there is a hidden tattoo skill soo you can unlock it!!! :lol:

it is a verry good way and you can also become in another cool level in tattoo artist hope it helps phoebe :!: :thumbup:

nice one mate im gonna give that a try now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top