Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiberium Poisoning?

2...Next

Comments

• SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I just want to say that the 'cut gem bug' also affects analysed space rocks; if you score a really good boost to the base value of a space rock when you analyse it don't travel with it; it'll drop to a random unanalysed value for that type of space rock (and you won't be able to reanalyse it).

I had noticed that but always forget to mention it, on the plus side if you have a rock that actually loses value you can have it go back up to the default when you travel but it's likely to only be a small increase (unless it's a Gigantic Space Rock).
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I think that also applies to analyzed relics.
    edited July 2010

I have a feeling those may be an exception and aren't affected by the bug, my sims tend to accumulate a lot of relics before I bother to move some of them into chests or elsewhere for safe keeping and I don't remember having the problem of losing value. I could be wrong though.
  • justkidding101justkidding101 Posts: 43
    edited July 2010
    My version (if you've just gotten tiberium and have no clue what it is):

Keep the tiberium! Leave it out on your lawn, and it will cut itself (only if its been uncut of heart shaped cut, from my expierience)into a spire cut! Then it will be worth around $40,000! After about 1 Sim week, it will spawn another! And the new one will do the same as the old one. Its a great way to earn cash without cheating. The easiest way to get Tiberium is to get a 9+ Martial Arts skill. Then while training with the board breaker, use the space rock. While braking it, you have a chance of spawning tiberium. You will also spawn other gems. Tiberium looks like an emerald when it is uncut.
    edited July 2010
    After about 1 Sim week, it will spawn another!

I've never had a Tiberium spawn a new one, it's possible that I always travelled or did something else that stops it from spawning but I'm fairly sure they don't spawn new ones.
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited July 2010
    Smeelia wrote:
    After about 1 Sim week, it will spawn another!

I've never had a Tiberium spawn a new one, it's possible that I always travelled or did something else that stops it from spawning but I'm fairly sure they don't spawn new ones.

I've had spire cut tiberiums grow to large and waited at least two weeks (with up to six at a time) and have never seen it spawn another.
    edited July 2010
    Smeelia wrote:
    I had noticed that but always forget to mention it, on the plus side if you have a rock that actually loses value you can have it go back up to the default when you travel but it's likely to only be a small increase (unless it's a Gigantic Space Rock).

You ARE evil (but the good kind). I never thought of that.
    edited July 2010

Oops... off to do more study. (I haven't noticed that; I analyse all my relics and usually I have a whole heap so I've never actually noticed.)

Edit: Sorry, you can't quote more than one sim in a single post (well... I suppose if I manually write quote=? in different blocks... sorry again; I'm smart enough to do that, so let's see if I remember to do it in the future.)