Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 3 ambitions missing career and traits

I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. Also on the dr. profession how do you get the job because when I click on the hopsital it just says join medical career so does that mean Im missing that to?

Comments

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2010
    Dr profession is the medical career at the hospital. With ambitions it becomes rabbit hole with added extras.

As for your missing traits, not a clue on that. Sorry.
  • MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited June 2010
    What traits are you missing?
  • GenevaGeneva Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2010
    MooMonkey wrote:
    What traits are you missing?
    . I'm missing all the ambitions traits
    edited June 2010
    Arletta wrote:
    Dr profession is the medical career at the hospital. With ambitions it becomes rabbit hole with added extras.

As for your missing traits, not a clue on that. Sorry.
    . Okay thanks.
  • HthrleeHthrlee Posts: 23
    edited June 2010
    I am having kind of the same problem you are. I am missing my lifetime wishes. I can't make a new char. It also will not let me place any people in the new town either! It also has problems putting the buildings in a saved game already. I have no idea how to fix any of this!
    edited June 2010
    Hthrlee wrote:
    I am having kind of the same problem you are. I am missing my lifetime wishes. I can't make a new char. It also will not let me place any people in the new town either! It also has problems putting the buildings in a saved game already. I have no idea how to fix any of this!
    yeah when I let my sister play it wouldn't let her put people in the town. Ugh this is annoying.
  • HthrleeHthrlee Posts: 23
    edited June 2010
    [/quote] yeah when I let my sister play it wouldn't let her put people in the town. Ugh this is annoying.[/quote]

It is very annoying. I haven't been able to play yet. My wishes are still missing. They show up as blank empty white hearts. I tried just to randomly pick one and it won't let me. So, I can't create a new sim now. I tried loading a saved game last night. Well, it loaded, but everything in my sim panel didn't show up! It is all white empty spaces! So, I was like ok maybe I can just use one of their premade families in the new town or move one of my existing ones in. WRONG!

So, I have this game I bought and can't even play. Let me know if you find a solution. I have tried everything at this point that I can think of!
  • cookiemunstercookiemunster Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2010
    have not had that problem:( sorry
  • ABUGAREFABUGAREF Posts: 13
    edited June 2010
    I'm also missing the new traits, and the new rewards I keep hearing about. Also it takes like 30 seconds to enter buy/build mode. It used to take like 2 seconds at the most. It's teaching me patience, but it still sucks.
  • Kint09Kint09 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having the same problem, it won't let me create sims or put any sims into the city, does anyone know what we should do?
  • EvaAustraliaEvaAustralia Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    have u checked if ur computer is still up for so much sims ? ...
  • iraceliracel Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I am having the same problem. I dont have the new traits or new lifetime wishes. its really annoying.
  • jerkyboyjerkyboy Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think I found a solution to this problem.Did any of you guys install custom mods such as awesome mod, hidden trait mod, etc? If you did please make sure you erase these contents completely. I had a same problem. But after I deleted the hidden trait mod from my game folders, it started to work properly again. Hope this helps. :)
  • ChawlChawl Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    You are really helpful, thanks jerkyboy :)
  • Simsation01Simsation01 Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    jerkyboy wrote:
    I think I found a solution to this problem.Did any of you guys install custom mods such as awesome mod, hidden trait mod, etc? If you did please make sure you erase these contents completely. I had a same problem. But after I deleted the hidden trait mod from my game folders, it started to work properly again. Hope this helps. :)

do u know anything else that could be causing it cuz i didn't install the awesomemod cuz i read that a lot of people had problems, and i didn't install anything else like that. no core mods that could've changed anything, i just don't know. :( i have my game minimized right now trying to see if there's any solutions, yours was the best so far. too bad itz not my prob. :evil: oh, those stupid little blank boxes and that nagging pop-up! soooo not how i wanted to spend my night! :thumbdown: do you think it's the newest patch? cuz when i googled "why can't i select traits sims 3" some people were asking if it was the newest patch, and i only saw ambitions users, so maybe. i dunno. but thanks for the suggestion. :wink: wish that was my problem so i could PLAY! :roll:
  • Simsation01Simsation01 Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    plus, like the people above said, i can't even create my sims! :x **** you pop-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:!:WARNING DO NOT PANIC. ALL I CAN SAY IS DON'T GET AMBITIONS OR UPDATE YOUR GAME. THAT IS WHAT I THINK MIGHT BE CAUSING THE TRAIT/WISH PROBLEM.:!: so.. yeah.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 55 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Geneva wrote:
    I'm missing the traits anyone else having this problem I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times but they aren't showing up. Also on the dr. profession how do you get the job because when I click on the hopsital it just says join medical career so does that mean Im missing that to?

Look out kids, that's a pirate!