Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad news for some Aussies

I was at my local EB games before and I was informed that their has been issues with shipping/quarantine and certain orders might not make an appearance till after the 3rd :/ (btw, I'm in South Australia so it might not fully affect the rest of the country)

Comments

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited June 2010
    That doesn't sound good, I'll have to wait and see if it comes or not.
  • PancakeliciousPancakelicious Posts: 2,585 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I thought it wasn't coming out until the fourth for Aus.
  • InzoInzo Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I was at my local EB games before and I was informed that their has been issues with shipping/quarantine and certain orders might not make an appearance till after the 3rd :/ (btw, I'm in South Australia so it might not fully affect the rest of the country)
    quarantine? did the Anthrax scanners detect EA's "evilness" in the containers? :)
    edited June 2010
    Nope, Australia gets everything on a Thursday, which is the third.
    edited June 2010
    Inzo wrote:
    quarantine? did the Anthrax scanners detect EA's "evilness" in the containers? :)

Lol, it may be something to do with an evil Gnome scheme.
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The guy at EB said that the estimated date for Australia is the 3rd,t that what it says on their website as well, it was the 4th though before.
  • hunnybunny239hunnybunny239 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2010
    GAME stores were selling Ambitions today in ACT, VIC and NSW that I know of. You can go to http://www.game.com.au/findastore to see if there is a store near you.
  • InzoInzo Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Inzo wrote:

Lol, it may be something to do with an evil Gnome scheme.
    I knew it! I have never trusted gnomes, they are even more dodgy than dwarves and midgets!
    edited June 2010
    Inzo wrote:

It's not just Ambitions though, it's like practically every other game that was shipped as well cause all the people that pre-orded Super Mari Galaxy have to wait now (Thank god I didn't pre-order that as well)
    edited June 2010
    Yes, you gotta be careful of those little Gnomes, especially the ones with a star on their hat.
  • simiesimie Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i live in Australia and i got mine today:) from GAME.
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    WELL...

Today i called my local JB-HI.FI & they aid the game comes out on the 3rd and they just got the shipping crates in like just before i called them and it offaically goes on sale Thursday.. and there saving me one :)
  • Stubbs9joStubbs9jo Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Uh oh, i hope it doesn't affect queensland... :\
  • thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2010
    Im in Brisbane, QLD and Im getting mine tommorrow(Wednesday) 2nd of June from EB Games. Technically Ive all ready purchased my item all I have to do now it pick up, so they cant refuse to give it to me if I have all ready purchased the full item.
  • kitty_186kitty_186 Posts: 169
    edited June 2010
    I was told by EB today that the game is being released on the 3rd so EA can get online orders for three days and make more profits.. Yet another fail.
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited June 2010
    oh realy?? well, i i think i can waite anouther.. well, one more day.. :D
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2010
    If I don't get my game tomorrow then i am going to go to my eb games get my money back and go to game.
  • kitty_186kitty_186 Posts: 169
    edited June 2010
    I dont have a GAME!so sad i could cry,, I've been working so hard so i could have a couple of days off to play.
  • hunnybunny239hunnybunny239 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have EB Games, Kmart and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Smith within walking distance from where I live so I'm hoping to get it from one of those. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that I'll have to wait until Thursday and I'm not too upset about that because I won't really have alot of time to play until Thursday afternoon anyway.

EDIT: filter lol
    edited June 2010
    @MATZ - Oh that would be interesting if EB got their's cause I forgot to mention in the first paragraph that certain orders had stuffed up because they didn't order enough or something like that (probably should of mentioned this in the first post)(If it was only the store, its the one at Inglefarm)

@thesimdeej33 - How much did you pay (kinda forgot to ask while I was their) cause the website said $48 but with WA it was cheaper to order online rather then going to one of the stores

Edit: Missed out on a couple of posts
    @kitty_186 - If you are living in South Australia their is a GAME at Marion and Centro Arndale that I know of, starting to realize that GAME is better then EB.
  • thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh dear! You're gonna die!

UK have to wait till June 4th. Consider yourselves lucky.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2010
    simie wrote:

I knew I should have walked the 20 meters to the GAME store up the corridor from EB. I guess I'll be getting it one way or another tomorrow.

J.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2010
    simie wrote:

I knew I should have walked the 20 meters to the GAME store up the corridor from EB. I guess I'll be getting it one way or another tomorrow.

J.
  • suelorchasuelorcha Posts: 318 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for posting the 'find a store', HunnyBunny, I didn't realise we had a Game store in town...and I trudged through about 7 or 8 game selling shops looking for Ambitions.
    I think I'll take a drive to my local Game store tomorrow.
  • wantokmangowantokmango Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Hello

Has anyone got the patched i have pre ordered mine on the net got it last night but cant install it cause of this patch im needing rrrrrr!

so if anyone knows that they may have the patch Australian version of the patch that will be great will give me a chance of money worth spent