Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new death in Ambitions?

Personally, judging the career options in this expansion, I think the new death is disease (from TS2). What is the point of having a doctor if there aren't any diseases?

Death by earthquake is not an option, apparently.

What do you think is the new death?

May 31, 2010

Now that some lucky Simmers have the game, is the only death caused by falling meteors?

Comments

• Options
    COWBOYS4COWBOYS4 Posts: 4,207 Member
    edited May 2010
    Yeah i think so too death by earthquake might happen i guess we will have to buy the game
  • Options
    mangobirdmangobird Posts: 171
    edited May 2010
    There might be a death by disease. But I know for a fact there will be death by meteor.
  • Options
    afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2010
    Do you know for sure that there is death by meteor because it's been confirmed or are you just assuming? Because in the Iron Man video (and I know it could have been made up by the movie maker) they were climbing out of the meteor craters and I can deffinitly see that happening in the game.
  • Options
    BosniaFTWBosniaFTW Posts: 1,192 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Death by meteor is confirmed. There will also be no death by earthquake. Not sure about disease, though.
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    BosniaFTW is right, death by meteor has been confirmed in an interview. Meteor showers are really rare to happen, but when they do they can even set your house on fire! Earthquakes can not kill your sims, it just shakes the house or wherever you are and it shakes the screen too! Im not sure if the meteor shower shakes your screen but it may. :D hope this info helped.
  • Options
    afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh cool! I wonder what the ghost color will be?
  • Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited May 2010
    was just about to ask that too, i hope it umm.. i might be red or green i think.. :D
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2010
    it might just be the same colour as fire ghosts :(
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2010
    Or maybe brown or something cause weve already got red and orange,havent we?
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm gonna guess green ghost. Meteor death reminds me of kryptonite or something, lol.
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Nokuoro wrote:
    BosniaFTW is right, death by meteor has been confirmed in an interview. Meteor showers are really rare to happen, but when they do they can even set your house on fire! Earthquakes can not kill your sims, it just shakes the house or wherever you are and it shakes the screen too! Im not sure if the meteor shower shakes your screen but it may. :D hope this info helped.

I'm wondering where you read that at? Everything I've seen about meteors is that they will only fall when your sim is looking though a telescope, and it will only hit the sim looking though the telescope, similar to the meteor in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited May 2010
    i know this is a little off topic, but how can i get someone to die by mummy's curse? (besides travelling all the way to egypt to get cursed)

PLEASE!
  • Options
    narutovssasukenarutovssasuke Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh. I got a good one. Mabey death by trampoline? :D I heared you can fall of the trampoline while jumping. Mabey if it's an unlucky fall, you could die? :?
  • Options
    narutovssasukenarutovssasuke Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2010
    i know this is a little off topic, but how can i get someone to die by mummy's curse? (besides travelling all the way to egypt to get cursed)

PLEASE!

I think the buydebug mode might work so you can buy a mummy. But Im not 100% percent sure on that.
  • Options
    dushdush9dushdush9 Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh. I got a good one. Mabey death by trampoline? :D I heared you can fall of the trampoline while jumping. Mabey if it's an unlucky fall, you could die? :?

That will be very funny :lol:
    maybe..a death by..by..no, I've got nothing :P
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    gobot1236 wrote:
    Nokuoro wrote:

I'm wondering where you read that at? Everything I've seen about meteors is that they will only fall when your sim is looking though a telescope, and it will only hit the sim looking though the telescope, similar to the meteor in The Sims 2.

I got this information from someone who went to the hands-on event in England. Grant Rodiek was guiding them through the game, he said when the earthquakes and meteors fall the screen shakes. But there was no information about when the meteors come, just that they are rare like the sims 2 alien abduction.
  • Options
    tilatequilaismtilatequilaism Posts: 819
    edited May 2010

PLEASE!

-Ctrl shift c
    -testingcheatsenabled true
    -Ctrl shift c
    -buydebug
    -look for any tomb in the miseloences section (bad spelling)
    -place the tomb / mummy case thing
    -Ctrl shift click on it (while in buy mode)
    -then search for the option for a mummy to come out.

hope this helps:)
  • Options
    thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Please stay on topic. Mummies belong on the World Adventures Forum, not in the Ambitions Forum.

Thank you.
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited May 2010
    @tilatequilaism - thanks alot

• Options
    geebee1100geebee1100 Posts: 180 New Member
    edited May 2010
    thegrump wrote:
    Personally, judging the career options in this expansion, I think the new death is disease (from TS2). What is the point of having a doctor if there aren't any diseases?

Death by earthquake is not an option, apparently.

What do you think is the new death?

what is the point in having a medical career if the hospital is still a rabbithole so i dnt think disease is one
  • Options
    Robert123971Robert123971 Posts: 378 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Does this mean when my sim is walking down the street he or she can just get hit by a meteor... :? because i don't want my sims last words to be "Oh ****".... but in simlish :lol:
  • Options
    thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
    edited May 2010
    bump
  • Options
    worldwaffleworldwaffle Posts: 484 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Does this mean when my sim is walking down the street he or she can just get hit by a meteor... because i don't want my sims last words to be "Oh ****".... but in simlish

Oh my gosh, I can so see that happening!

What we need is an expansion pack called "Ways 2 Die" <-- Like, "Left 4 Dead" ;)
  • Options
    smallestyetismallestyeti Posts: 3
    edited July 2010

PLEASE!

I think the buydebug mode might work so you can buy a mummy. But Im not 100% percent sure on that.

yes you can do that with debug you have to sleep in the BAD coffin not the GOOD one
  • Options
    BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited July 2010

PLEASE!

yes you can do that with debug you have to sleep in the BAD coffin not the GOOD one

Nice necropost!