Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writing Contest :: My Entry Thread

Well this is where I'll be posting all my short story entries for the Writing Contest!

If you'd like to join, or check out the other competitiors you can find everything here!

My Entries
Topic 1 :: The Strange Call :: One Call Away
Topic 2 :: A Window into the Past :: The Streets of London

Comments

• KittyKat6369KittyKat6369 Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited May 2010
    Name:: KittyKat6369

Topic/Challenge Name and Number:: Topic 1 :: The Strange Call

Title of Story:: One Call Away
    Comments:: Jennifer, a rebellious teen receives a call from her mum on the way home from a huge party – which she snuck out to attend.

I stumbled along. The sidewalk was lit softly by the overhead streetlights, the only emission of light on this grey night. It must have been somewhere from two to three o’clock in the morning. I could tell by the way the frosty air nipped at my exposed skin.

If you must know why I was out during the early hours of the morning instead of being snuggled up in my cosy bed, it’s because I snuck out to attend a huge party. My friend Alex had the party at his place, he is nineteen years old. Boy, did I have a blast! I must have danced with at least twenty guys, had around five or six drinks – or maybe it was seven, and probably ended up making out with half a dozen people. I was young and definitely didn’t see why I should waste my time with things as boring as school.

My parents and my older brother didn’t quite share my point of view. That’s why I had to sneak out of my bedroom window. I’ll be home soon though, they’ll never even know.

Whoa, what is that? Suddenly I could hear one of Ke$ha’s songs playing again. Had I just walked in a big circle or something? No, I realised my phone was ringing. As I dug around in my bag, I started crossing over to the other side of the street where there was more light.
    “Gotcha!” I clutched my phone with success. Flipping in open I answered, it was my mum.

“Hi Mu-ahh!” I screamed, blinded by a pair of headlights I scrambled to get out of the way. The car must have been speeding because before I knew it the vehicle connected with my hip, knocking me down.

I wasn’t sure how long I had blacked out for, but when I opened my eyes there were people just standing over the top of me. Not saying anything, just staring.
    “I’m fine,” I told them, sitting up. I really meant it too, I didn’t feel bruised or sore. So I stood up, quickly thanking everyone for being concerned and continued on my journey home.

A block from home I realised I had dropped my phone when I had been knocked over, but it was out of date anyway so I decided it didn’t matter if I just left it there. Then I saw them. Two guys standing under a streetlight, they were wearing, well god knows what. I swear they had these tight, metallic stretchy pants and odd floral shirts on, which they left too many buttons undone on.
    “Hey girl!” One of them greeted me, the other just nodded.
    “Hi,” I replied, not wanting to be rude, but I held tighter onto my bag – just in case.
    “I don’t think she knows,” I overheard them whispering.

Finally at my own house I could see the living room lights on. So I drew in a deep breath and pushed through the door, ready to be yelled at.
    But when I entered the living room, no one said a word. Neither my brother nor my parents even looked at me.
    “I’m sorry, okay?” I yelled, and the neighbour’s dog barked in reply.

The phone rang. My father jumped to answer it. I had no idea who was on the other line but I couldn’t help but listen to Dad’s end of the conversation, after all everyone else was too.
    “Hello?”... “Yes, yes, yes”... “No! She can’t be, she can’t be!”
    That was it, he hung up crying. I glanced around to see if anyone else knew what was going on. They must have, because they were all crying too.
    That’s when he said it, my own father, “Jennifer’s dead.”

I felt my head spinning a million miles an hour and I ran.
  • jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited May 2010
    *waves* hi Kitty
    What are you up to?
    You're story is awesome :)
  • Gordana123Gordana123 Posts: 659 Member
    edited May 2010
    Very interesting story!I love it!
  • seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited May 2010
    Excellent story, good luck with the contest!
  • NekoWolf37NekoWolf37 Posts: 1,400
    edited May 2010
    Very scary :] You're a great writer, I can't wait to see how many votes you get on the 26th. Good luck on any other topics or challenges you decide to take!
  • Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2010
    KittyKat6369 - I love the story! It makes me want to keep reading. :mrgreen: I especially am wondering about the guys in the metallic pants, lol. :wink: Good luck with your entry!
    edited May 2010
    jps0228 wrote:
    *waves* hi Kitty
    What are you up to?
    You're story is awesome :)

*waves* Hi!
    Not much, just hanging round. Doing comps and stuff like this one.
    Glad you like my story!
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Gordana123 and seaweedy! Nice to hear some good comments!
    edited May 2010
    NekoWolf37 wrote:
    Very scary :] You're a great writer, I can't wait to see how many votes you get on the 26th. Good luck on any other topics or challenges you decide to take!

Thank you! Right now I'm planning to do all the other topics/challenges.
    edited May 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    KittyKat6369 - I love the story! It makes me want to keep reading. :mrgreen: I especially am wondering about the guys in the metallic pants, lol. :wink: Good luck with your entry!

Thank you! Hehe, I tried to keep a few of the details out, to leave it ending in a bit of a mystery.
  • Pink12345Pink12345 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow. This story is quite the something ;) Great job :thumbup:
    edited May 2010
    I really want to read the next chapter lol!
    edited May 2010
    Thank you Pink12345!

LOL! I'm actually making up a bunch of TS3 stories and am in the middle of planning my first one from the lot. It'll be a horror, keep your eye out for it. ;)
  • Pink12345Pink12345 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad you're going to do it. I'd be gladly to favorite, cause ya know, it'll be good because you're writing it!!

Horror seems like a good story to begin with. I wish I could do something like that. But then it'd turn into a love story,I always do that :roll:
    edited May 2010
    Hi Pink12345!

I'm just popping out to say That The Amazing Sims Race Season 6 is nearing it's finale!

I hope you watch it :)

Also you're sim is in the Elimination Station! check it out :D
  • Nimaki12Nimaki12 Posts: 542 New Member
    edited May 2010
    KittyKat - Yea, you're definitely some competition for me.

Jps - not to sound rude but I doubt Kitty wants you to advertise your story on her thread

Pink - I can't make a story without the main characters falling in love somehow.
    edited May 2010
    I successfully made a non-love story and entered it in a contest. I gots first o.o it was one creepy story though...this girl died and sealed her soul in a puppet....she got burned at the end v.v
  • Nimaki12Nimaki12 Posts: 542 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Dude, FTW puppets and dolls scare the shnikes out of me.
    edited May 2010
    Nah, it's fine. jps you can advertise on the thread. Thank you Nimaki for standing up though.

NekoWolf that story sounds great! I wrote a short horror story last year. If the theme for it even comes up I'll be sure to use it since I got an 'A'. ;)
    edited June 2010
    Name:: KittyKat6369

Topic/Challenge Name and Number:: Topic 2 :: A Window into the Past

Title of Story:: The Streets of London
    Comments:: Set in 1890 in the Victorian Era we follow a woman through the busy streets of London.

I lurched forwards as my horse drawn carriage jolted to a stop on a busy London street. I collected my things and waited as the footman opened the door for me.

I was on my way to a meeting with a dear friend of mine. We were to discuss the retrieval of a handful of stolen jewels; you see my friend is an investigator and a good one at that. Forcing a confident smile on my face I picked up my skirt and climbed down onto the street.

I strode out of the way of other passing horses and carriages, forcefully pushing my way through the throngs of homeless people that littered the street. Trying to ignore the sound those dreadful people made I plodded onwards, only to be stopped by an elderly woman with a lazy eye. She grabbed at my left hand, holding onto it tightly.

“I can tell your fortune, if you’d be willing to pay for my services,” the woman’s voice was horse and barely audible. Before she could mutter another strained word I thrust some change at her and continued on my journey.

I knew the streets on London well, so I decided to take a shortcut through the backstreets. Once out of the main hustle and bustle I stood out like a sore toe. Everyone that was visible to me wore rags, not one had something clean or neat on. It was so obvious, the stares I got as I trotted along with my thick, velvety, crimson gown. The jewels that hung around my neck attracted all sorts of low life.

I found myself greeted by a toothless man, holding a lovely bouquet of flowers. I allowed myself to grasp the flowers and take a quick sniff, they smelled lovely. A split second later I spun around, drawing a small knife which I used for protection among other things. Face to face with a burly old man I lifted my skirt and kneed the man’s prized jewels. Turning swiftly back to the toothless one I pushed him into the closest wall and used the knife to cut open his loosely hanging vest. Quickly finding his pocketbook I hid it in the ruffles of my skirt.

Smiling sweetly I grabbed the bunch of flowers from the man, “Thank you, they’re lovely. See you around.” I turned and continued towards my meeting.

Soon I found myself back onto the main street, still with an adventurous smile plastered on my face and adrenalin pumping through my body. A proper lady I could appear as, though it is nothing more than an act; after all I am a criminal at heart.
    edited June 2010
    Double Post... need I say more
    edited June 2010
    Awesome Again KittyKat!!

I've entered this thing too! :)
    edited June 2010
    ugh.. Double Post :oops:
    edited June 2010
    Double posts seem to be contagious! LOL. Thanks jps. I'll go read yours now.
    edited June 2010
    i love your character! Don't mess with a Victorian lady lol. Truth be told if I were writing a story for my own contest (weird concept) I'd be writing about pirates. I never would have though about a story like this.