Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can sims get drunk ?

?

Comments

• Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    There has never been alcohol in the game, so nope. :)
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sadly NO. I wish but, I mean they can drink but it's only Juice. :oops:
  • BlondyBlondy Posts: 209 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Clk1143 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the drinks made at the bar are intended to be alcoholic, but I could be wrong. A drunk sim would be awesome! With a hangover... needs decay really fast the next day
  • ofmontrealofmontreal Posts: 404 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Blondy wrote:
    Clk1143 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the drinks made at the bar are intended to be alcoholic, but I could be wrong. A drunk sim would be awesome! With a hangover... needs decay really fast the next day
    Haha yep

I wish they could smoke too.
    edited June 2009
    Blondy wrote:

Actually they are juice, not alcohol. They have always been juice. :) I believe alcohol would probably raise the rating, which is why they don't allow it.
    edited June 2009
    Blondy wrote:
    Clk1143 wrote:

Well they seem alcoholic, but their not actually. Their really just juice. :(
    And you can't get drunk.
  • HoneySuckleBKHoneySuckleBK Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    drunken sims? :shock:
    interesting...
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited June 2009
    Alcoholic would be a great trait too. ;[
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • babydoll241203babydoll241203 Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2009
    Blondy wrote:
    Clk1143 wrote:

Yeah would be a cool idea, although the game would then end up as an 18 rated game. Thinking about it though....wasnt there alcoholic drinks in TS2 when they went out to community lots?
    edited June 2009
    Alcoholic would be a great trait too. ;[

LOL I do agree!
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2009
    Remember in the Sims 1 the little knomes would make wine and get drunk! :lol:
  • Kjsplosion1Kjsplosion1 Posts: 645 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The Juice isn't technically alcohol, but I think it's safe to say that it's implied, lol. Also remember the Bubble Blower from TS2? Yeah, "bubbles", my butt! :lol:
  • babydoll241203babydoll241203 Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Juice isn't technically alcohol, but I think it's safe to say that it's implied, lol. Also remember the Bubble Blower from TS2? Yeah, "bubbles", my butt! :lol:

:lol:
  • derbiederbie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims also get a "sugar rush" when they're out drinking "juice"... :mrgreen:
  • XanthasXanthas Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That would be a fun mod to make. Implementing alcohol.
  • KapsKaps Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im sort of surprised they didnt make alcohol in the game. It already has a teen rating so it wouldnt change anything.
  • sexysexy Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i dont see how it would raise the rating.. ive seen alcohol in disney movies...
    edited June 2009

LOL I know right!
    edited June 2009
    Yeah and if teens get caught with it they go to jail
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2009
    Dumbo got so drunk he saw pink elephants. Thats rated G isn't it?
    edited June 2009
    Where I live you have to be twenty-one to drink. The game rating is for teenagers, meaning starting at the age of thirteen. Alcohol would raise the rating because of that. :) Also I know it's been implied, but they haven't directly said it's alcohol in the game and that sims get drunk off it.

On a personal note I've lost too many friends to them driving while drunk and being drunk to me isn't funny. Lost a pregnant friend because her boyfriend decided to drive after a party when he was drunk. He had barely any injuries, but his girlfriend and baby both died. I know I'm a werid person for thinking alcohol isn't funny and great. I get told that a lot. ;)
  • PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wasn't there alcohol in TS1? I thought my sims used to get a little tipsy from the bar. Maybe not though. I have an active imagination.

As a side note, remember the bars from TS1? They were so much nicer than the bars we have now.
  • TwilightxPrinceTwilightxPrince Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims have always been kegstanding on "juice" (remember the giant pineapple thing in the Sims 2?) and getting high on "bubbles" as a way of skirting around laws, but a Teen rating still includes use of alcohol, so the fact that the drinking age is 21 doesn't really affect it much.

My Sim went out to the restaurant in town to "get drinks" with friends several times, and immediately came home and got reacquainted with his toilet, face-to-face style. Is that realistic enough for you guys?
    edited June 2009
    but a Teen rating still includes use of alcohol, so the fact that the drinking age is 21 doesn't really affect it much.

If that's true then I guess I just have to hope they don't add real alcohol to the game and alcoholism as it has been suggested in this thread too. Just my opinion though base on real life experiences that it shouldn't be added for entertainment purposes. ;)
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims can "drink." In Sims World, their Juice = Alcohol. Why do you think they had that Fruit Punch Keg with Uni? :wink: