Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CANNOT ENTER BUILD/BUY MODE WHILE MOVE IN PROGRESS! HELP ASAP PLEASE!

I just created an entire family, moved them to any house just to use cheat to get money to build. I then moved them to an empty lot to build a house and now I can't enter build/buy mode. It keeps saying "can't enter build/buy mode while move is in progress!!" The move is not in progress!! Please help ASAP!! I have my game running right now so I need an answer soon. I couldn't think about anything all day long but the house that I want to build for this family and now since I'm home from work I can't!! It's killing me!!!

Comments

• ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited May 2010
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really TICKING me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    edited May 2010
    I MEAN SERIOUSLY!!! This is getting ridiculous and i'm sick of problem after problem. NO i don't have any cc's or mods and my computer exceeds requirements!! All I ask that if anybody knows how to fix this PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!
    Oh, or is the forum not working for you either!! SICK OF THIS!!!!
  • Flipside1972Flipside1972 Posts: 135
    edited May 2010
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/202293.page

Some people have been having this problem, there's a thread here that may be of use to you.

Edit: In fact, it appears you have already seen it....
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited May 2010
    End the game without saving. When they do no complete a move in 24 sim hours they never will. The save may have become corrupt.

And the site has on going issues , the Forum has been up & down today.

• AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited May 2010
    First of all, CALM DOWN. You have to remember that just because you are online and in a certain forum does not mean that everyone else is. Just exit without saving and try again. Another thing you could do instead of moving them in first is go to edit town and then build the house on that lot, then move them in.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks IamMamainred and Flipside1972 for responding. I am just extremely angry right now being that I really want to build this house and start a new legacy with this family. Couldn't wait to get off work and everything was working fine until I moved family.

@IamMamainred - I've already saved my game and saw in another thread to delete saved game and start a new game but if I do that will I loose all of my sims and houses that I've made, careers, etc. Is this going to start a whole new game? Also can you please explain the process to do that?

@Flipside1972 - Yeah I've been all through the forum looking to see if people were having the same issues and I have posted to a couple of them hoping that I could find a quick answere before shutting the game off all together. I'll look back through to see if anything new has been posted! I'm just really ticked right now and this has ruined the rest of my day. I hate when i'm syked to do something and rushing to it only to find out that I can get nowhere! I've turned the game off now, but i'm seriously hoping that by tomorrow I'll be able to play again!
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Sadly once you saved there may be nothing that will fix this. The back up will be stick at the same place. ALL you can do if this is the case is loose the save & the back up & you are left to start a new game, it is sad but it happens.

To prevent this in the future, before I start the game I pull the back up to the desktop. This way if anything goes wrong it is not corrupt as well. The game will create a new back up each time you save. So if you keep on in the desktop you can always rename & use it. You do this simply buy taking back up off the name, right click & choose rename.

So delete the save & try the back up by re-naming it before you panic, but if it is saved at the same place & does not finish loading in 24 sim house it is corrupt, it never will & you have to just delete it.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks IamMamainred. You got to be kidding me!!! So you mean that if both files are corrupted I will loose legacies, careers, and everything that I've done in the past few months!! This is such BS!! I can't believe this!!

**EA get your @#$%!@# s#!^ together!!!!!!**

This is ridiculous and I am furious right now!!!!!!!! This is totally unbelievable!!! I mean seriously!!! I'm seriously starting to hate my most favorite game ever!!! I TOTALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BS!!!!
    edited May 2010
    Just checking to see if anyone else who has this problem found out a way to fix it?
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited May 2010
    ciennasim1 wrote:
    Just checking to see if anyone else who has this problem found out a way to fix it?
    There doesn't appear to be a fix for this problem. People who have encountered this problem have only been able to exit the game without saving their progress, resulting in a lost game. Sorry about your game, but I searched all over the internet and there appears to be no fix :(
    edited May 2010
    YESSSS come to find out my backup file was not corrupt. Now my family is back where they were before moving!! However, I'm still having serious lags and freezing, but at least I won't loose any of my sims or homes!

Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions. I know now that if this happens again not to save the game! I usually save once after playing for about 2 hours, quit and restart game to keep from getting save error codes, so if I have to quit the game without saving due to the "moving" bug I won't loose too much!!
    Thanks again.
  • cin71cin71 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2010
    youre lucky you can even play your game....i cannot get into new or saved games, i even uninstalled highend lofts....SUPER annoying!!!
    edited May 2010
    cin71 wrote:
    youre lucky you can even play your game....i cannot get into new or saved games, i even uninstalled highend lofts....SUPER annoying!!!

I'm sorry to hear that and I can imagine how you feel! Hopefully EA will get it straight soon so that everybody can be happy and have fun playing. Although the game ticks me off with all of the glitches and bugs I still love it. Everytime I say that I'm not going to play it anymore, after about 5 or so days I get the craving again and have to satisfy it by playing lol. I hope that you'll be able to play soon.
  • beaynidSimbeaynidSim Posts: 784 Member
    edited May 2010
    another tip i have learned playing various games is that it is always best to alternate saving to 2 different save files(i.e. save as..."game1" , then later on save as... "game2"). I usually switch to the other save file about every 3rd save so that if one save gets corrupted i have my own backup save not too too far behind.

Ive learned this from many games only sims3 and its saved me from lots of headaches. Have fun :)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2010
    Twallan put in a fix for this bug in his DebugEnabler.

Put the Mod in, click on a Sim in the bugged household, choose DebugEnabler - Drop move and you should be fine. Take the Mod out again.

Google: Twallan, DebugEnabler.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• strykerwifey172strykerwifey172 Posts: 26
    edited May 2010
    I had this problem once, here is what i did. I always save my sims right after i create them, or right before i move, just incase because this HAS happend to me before... instead of moving AND THEN building, I built first then saved again then moved, that way if this happens again your covered, however what i would do if you have already saved is do a save as, just in case, go into edit town and evict your household and place them on a lot or house for the mean time, then build your house, and instead of purchasing the home buy phone or computer, evict and place them in the house you built for them, that way you don't have to deal with any type of moving issues at all, and just incase the problem persists, i recomend always doing an evict and place so you don't have this problem again. Best of luck! I know how frustrating this is!
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    ciennasim1 wrote: »
    cin71 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that and I can imagine how you feel! Hopefully EA will get it straight soon so that everybody can be happy and have fun playing. Although the game ticks me off with all of the glitches and bugs I still love it. Everytime I say that I'm not going to play it anymore, after about 5 or so days I get the craving again and have to satisfy it by playing lol. I hope that you'll be able to play soon.

Eight years later and bug is still there...oh joy!
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    Eight years later and bug is still there...oh joy!
    Since TS3 has been out of development for coming up on five years now, it's not really all that surprising. But, for those so inclined, solutions by way of NRaas mods are still there as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I'll lock this thread as it's 8 years old. Folks, we have a forum rule on Necroposting. Check out this link, it goes into the forum rule itself as well as covering FAQ's some members have such as:
    Why is there a need for a Necroposting rule? The necroposting rule is there to prevent old, outdated, irrelevant discussions cluttering out the newer, more relevant discussions that the community wants to discuss. There are a few other factors involved but this is the main one. The forum rule is there to better facilitate the community's needs.
    I've hyperlinked the rule above for anyone that'd like to read more on this ule ^^.

• New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top