Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, can anyone help?

I have to have all my options on low on the Sims 3 so it works at a reasonable speed on my laptop, but in order to do this, the graphics look rubbish, is this something I have to live with or is there anything I can do? Is there a certain setting that can be altered? I don't no what my Graphics card is, but I can post it on here if someone is kind enough to tell me how to find it on my HP Vista Laptop?

Thanks, Lauren.

Comments

• lilacfaery06lilacfaery06 Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2010
    you need to go to start, then run and then type in dxdiag and a really really long report will come up - you need to post it all and i'll be able to tell your graphics card from it :)
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi,

In order for us to provide better assistance, can you post a complete DXDiag report of your hardware setup please? Instructions can be found here:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21325

Once you have the full report, you can copy and paste it into this thread. Also, have you ever installed any mods, third party custom content, or items from the Exchange?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!