Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homeless Rock Star???

I seem to have a disappearing issue with one of my staple Sims; she's a rich, fully accomplished, (aka, well-played) Rock Star in Sunset Valley. I noticed she wasn't in any of the houses when I was looking around in Edit Town, but she appears when family members or friends call her, invite her out, invite her to parties, etc.

She's definitely not dead! I followed her, and she keeps disappearing onto empty lots. Thing is, these are completely empty lots that Edit Town shows an empty house symbol over. Clicking on the empty house symbol just shows the empty lot, though, not her. :x

It's strange, also, cuz it says she's still married...but HE has disappeared, too! And his panel says his girlfriend is Agnes Crumplebottom, who disappeared awhile ago, as well! :shock: (Luckily I have my Rock Star and him saved to my bin!)

But what is going on? :cry:

I tried resetSim to see if it would make her stay in one place, or make her playable, but it was a no go.

Any suggestions, comments, and/or help would be most appreciated. :)

Comments

• RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2010
    Homeless Sims, anyone? Rock Star bump :mrgreen:
  • ZenoPopZenoPop Posts: 100
    edited May 2010
    there has been alot of sims disappearing its just another glitch that will hopefully be fixed
  • shadowfly325shadowfly325 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I hope the fix comes bc i'm dying here with missing sims!
  • Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2010
    My legacy Sim and one of his kids disappeared reecently too! I sent the two to Egypt (while the rest of the family stayed home) and when the trip was over, and I was returned to the home lot, the two people are gone. Their pics are gone (the ones on the right side of the screen) and the pics in the others family history are gone to (the name comes up when u scroll over where his face should be--but no pic). I have tried resetSim like a gazillion times with no luck. I am ticked off because I was on my third and fourth generations and the most impt people have disappeared. Arghhhhhh!
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2010
    I highly doubt you are going to see much of a fix, seeing this game was designed like real life, and in real life people move in and out of towns as well as homes as their lives change and needs change.

But when I have a Sim move out of their houses that I designed for them, I go checking on what made them move. Are the bills too high for the money they make? Is there not enough rooms and beds in the house for all family members?

What I usually do if I find one of my Sims have left their home, I will try and find them in the hood in Edit town, and move them back in their home. Then I will make that home playable so I can judge what problem may be in the home this Sims is trying to escape. If the bills are too high, it might help to get rid of a few luxuries, but better yet help the sim fulfill enough wishes to earn the "no bills ever" opportunity wish and that will allow them to keep their luxuries and afford their house. You can also reduce their bills by getting you sims the ECO set until they have the no bills ever reward.

If the house doesn't have enough bedrooms, add some and add the beds. Sometimes you can just add a floor or go down a floor, or what I like to do on roomy lots is add a 2 bedroom guest cottage.

Don't forget when a Sims tops the rock career they do not get a paycheck unless they are doing signings and playing concerts. Sims do not seem to do this on their own, which means giving Sims the Superstar Rock career is not really a good choice for a sim you are not planning on playing anymore. So you may need to have her quit her job, or get another job that does not require "an agent" (YOU) to make sure she gets out and does those concerts.

One other thing you need to look at is unless she has the loner personality and she lives on a large lot with a big house, it may just be too lonely there for her. She may need more sims in the house, especially if the boyfriend has left her. How about getting her a new boyfriend, get them married and get a child or two. Or she could adopt a couple of kids. Nothing like kids to stablize a wandering minstrel. Or if she doesn't like kids, perhaps a few roommates, especially if she has the party animal trait. You have to watch sims with certain traits that seem to thrive on the company of others, they will not stay put if you do not control them. She made need to go for the reward to change her traits if you don't want to keep playing her house.

I make sure that sims I don't play have really stable traits for them to play and stay where I put them, or otherwise don't be surprised when they leave - not just their house - but the neighborhood itself. That will never be fixed because it is not broken, it is the way the game was designed. They told us that even before this game came out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2010
    Writin_Reg: I'm not sure, since I am not the original poster, but I think the issue people (ie the glitch that was referred to by another) are having isn't with story progression, its with a Sim, or more than one in my case, that actually disappears. For example, in my game, the two missing Sims are gone, I mean, g.o.n.e, as in cannot find them anywhere and their pics have disappeared from the active houselhold and the family tree. I get the whole story progression thing. But in this case (with me anyways) the Sims have not moved out, they were still th active household etc--and they have simply vanished, lol. So its not a story progression issue, I think it is, in fact, a glitch.
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2010
    OP, here! :mrgreen:

Katnip, I must agree. That is exactly what happens to me. I was just in Riverview today and realized that 3 lots were "occupied" by STABLE, well-played--wish completed, the works--favorite Sims! Then I realize 6 adults have moved into that one bedroom home over the garage??? C'mon! GLITCH.

If I want to keep a family, I've learned to save them to the bin, because no matter if they are SET FOR LIFE, (and I play even with "aging off" lol!), they move on their own whim.

I mean, seriously, I'm not an idiot. If I don't want a family to move, I give them plenty of beds... :roll:
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2010
    this is to katnip264.. that thing that happend to you in egypt happend to me too but in france. my family was completley gone. but that was like in february before ambitions came out i had every thing befor that hels and wa. i was also playing in riverview. and 2 thewretched, in twinbrook my sim's kid's baby disapeared today. i just quit without saving so the baby is hopefully there.
  • isport9759isport9759 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    This is bad game play. My sim had two kids one a toddler the other a baby they got a babysitter and went to China when they came back the baby was gone but is still in the family tree. Solution for me have another baby. But where did the baby go since the toddler was playing the same toy and the babysitter was standing in the same place when the parents left on the trip and the day at home was the same? A really bad glitch. Babys don't move out on their own.