Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay Tips

1. Get your sim a high-energy bed ASAP. The sooner you get to the beds that have the +++ next to the sleep icon the better. This is because sleep eats up much more time in TS3 compared to TS2. Reducing the time spent sleeping will increase your time for everything else. The fact that you get that benefit every day compounds the gain for your sim. The higher tier beds also have a little fun built into them.

2. Recipe and song books aside, don't bother buying any book from the bookstore unless your sim has a specific wish to buy one and you want the points more than you need cash. Just about every book can be accessed for free at the library. Not only that, your sims will read said books faster at the library than at home anyway.

3. The "Funny" line of socials is a great way to start off brand new relationships, even without the "Great sense of humor" trait. Do 2 funny faces, 2 funny stories. Once the sim finds you funny, tell two jokes, goof off twice, which should unlock impersonate celebrity, which you should do twice. Obviously, this tactic is null if either sim has "no sense of humor"

4. Pay attention to what your sim is doing at work! Business as usual is usually a waste. There is almost always something better for your sim to do. Look at the career panel to see what your sim needs for a promotion. Need more skills? Many jobs have an option to train a skill at work. Need better relations with your boss/coworkers? Choose the socialize options. Lastly, if you have everything you need for a promotion and just need the 'job performance' bar to reach the top, then is a good time to 'work hard'.

5. If you have 1 hour until the carpool arrives and nothing specifically pressing to do, stock up on temporary moodlets. Gussy Up and check self out in the mirror will give two moodlets. Brushing your teeth will give another. Lastly, if you can save an easy wish (like 'buy a book case') fulfill it right before your sim leaves for work. While all of these temporary moodlets won't last their entire shift at work, the time they do exist will push your job performance higher.

6. Keep a cheap food item (Like an apple) in you sim's inventory. If you find your sim deeply involved in some community lot activity with no access to food when hunger strikes, you can always just have them munch their snack. This won't fill their hunger bar completely like a cooked meal will, but it will keep the bad moodlets away for longer.

*edited for clarification and additional tips*

7. Working out at the gym improves the speed at which your sims train their body score.

8. If you've got a big wish taking up space on your wish list that is difficult to fulfill, consider dumping it. While you may miss out on the points of that wish, you will more than likely earn more by keeping that slot available for more day-to-day wishes which will get fulfilled more often.

9. Staying "In character" for your sim, IE commanding them to act in ways that are natural to their traits, can be helpful. Often actions related to their traits will spawn wishes related to their traits. When you find your wish list almost empty with no wishes poping up to promise, try a few commands related to their traits. (IE tell a handy sim to go tinker with something, tell a mean-spirited sim to be mean to a random stranger, etc)

Hope these help!
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Comments

• Options
    crystalfox05crystalfox05 Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for this. It should help a lot of people out. :-)
    Let there be Sims! <3
  • Options
    wand33andtailswand33andtails Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! I didnt know they read faster at the library!
  • Options
    inkstainedinkstained Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you :) Very helpful.
  • Options
    Simsaholic4everSimsaholic4ever Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks, some great tips there! :)
  • Options
    AlwaysAmandaAlwaysAmanda Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much for this! I didn't know half of it...lol. Thanks again!
  • Options
    LadyLindaelLadyLindael Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2009
    thanks for sharing this :D
  • Options
    Antminnie1Antminnie1 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, thank you! I will keep these tips in mind. :)
  • Options
    NotaBeneNotaBene Posts: 460 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Those are very helpful tips, thank you for your contribution.:)

In regards of point 6, however, vegetables do increase the hunger bar.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited June 2009
    Excellent tips-thank you!
  • Options
    SmkyRbnsnSmkyRbnsn Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AWesome tips! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    SIMply_DivineSIMply_Divine Posts: 413 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! I didnt know they read faster at the library!

Me neither, lol. I'm going to do that from now on.

Thanks for the Tips, Pinstar1161! :D
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    NotaBene wrote:
    Those are very helpful tips, thank you for your contribution.:)

In regards of point 6, however, vegetables do increase the hunger bar.

I apologize for not being clear. What I meant was that vegetables do not fill the hunger bar completely. It does fill it somewhat, which is how you delay the bad hunger moodlets.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Options
    EmpressJerichoEmpressJericho Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is soo cool. :D

Thanks for taking the time to point out some helpful game tips. :D