Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for new items and other random ideas etc. *Feel free to add some of your own*

I thought I might share some ideas that I have been brainstorming for a while now. There is a lack of smaller decorative items in The Sims 3 which I would like to see some more in the future. Most of the items I have suggested bellow are decorative items. But a few of them might be items for other categories.
My item ideas:

*Cushions, for beds and couches.
*More candles- Able to use create-a-style on.
*Candelabras.
*Table runners(I think that's what they are called).
*Fruit bowls*-In the Sun,Surf and Sand set and other table centre pieces.
*Throws, for beds and couches.
*Usable shelves for collectibles etc.* Ambitions
*Rectangular tissue boxes- Able to use create-a-style on.
*Mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners etc. (For decoration only)
*Toothbrush holder, soap dispensers and *shampoo bottles.*-Ambitions
*Laundry baskets.* Ambitions
*Childrens backpacks, pencil cases, and workbooks.
*A comeback of collectible magazines and video games.
*Coat stands.
*Buffet sideboard and *hutch.*One was included in Ambitions
*Kettles and toasters.
*Heaters and air-conditioners(Good for when there is weather in a future EP)
*Piggy bank.
*More childrens toys like dolls for girls and action figures for boys.
*Decorative light switch and wall plugs.

Ok I'm going to stop there because this list could go on. If you would like you may post your own new item ideas, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited April 2010
    :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would also like to see:

*Modular sofas.
    *Hairdryers.* Ambitions
    *Bean bags.
    *Calenders.
    *Baby strollers.
    *Ice-hockey table.
    *Pool table.

That's all I could think up right now but there is more. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited April 2010
    A larger round dining table and more sophisticated fashionable decorations of any kind.
    I'll second your ideas too.
  • Options
    x0xKissofdeathx0xKissofdeath Posts: 410
    edited April 2010
    I like all those ideas. Would add basketball hoop, pinball and other old school video games machines, and more workout equipment. Not decorative but I saw you said pool tables and stuff so I figured it'd be okay to add :-) . I have a lot of other stuff but I won't post it because it'd take too long
  • Options
    iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I like your ideas. They go into more detail. My favorite is the baby stroller. That would be really helpful. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for your contributions. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    More ideas not decorations ideas though:

I was thinking that EA should make a post office rabbit hole/or maybe non rabbit hole, but anyway our sims should be able to buy supplies from the post office then write a letter to other sims in the town then they should reply back. Our sims should also be able to send items and post cards too.
    The supplies should be able to buy separately like...
    *Pens
    *Paper
    *Various postcards
    *Stamps with different prices depending on what your sim is sending.
    *Envelopes- Bigger envelopes for sending items.
    When the sim has finished writing they should post the letter in a mail-box or if it's an item they are sending they would have to go to the Post-office.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Another few random ideas:

*Vending machines (Food & drinks)
    *Inflatable childrens swimming pool
    *Sleeping bags
    *Kayaks and canoes
    *Childrens train set
    *Cookie jar(Decor)
    *Sewing machine
    *Gas station
    *Milkbar
    *Clothes line*-Coming in Ambitions
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    x0xKissofdeathx0xKissofdeath Posts: 410
    edited April 2010
    inflatable pool is a completely new idea that I like and never would've thought about. I also wish to see vending machines. Cookie jars as decor they already have but it's the set of 3, not just a single one.
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2010
    Can I add some building items?

I would like screen doors and windows to make that perfect screened sunroom/patio.

I also like your other ideas.

Really want the pillow cushions for couches and beds. Sometimes I feel the couches and beds look so plain. They need to be dressed up more.

Great ideas! Hope they see your thread.
  • Options
    Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited April 2010
    I know I'm going to be in minority here, but I've not sure how I feel about a bunch of decorative items populating my game. I guess it good for those who do a lot of decorating in the game, which I don't, but still this would make a nice stuff pack for those who do. But I want to see more objects or locations that allows for me and my sims to do more like have basketball courts where my sims can play a real game of basketball. I just love sports game and would like to see the designers include some sport activities in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Simmerd80, you can add anything if you want. Screens doors would be great.

Renyc7, I know what you mean, there would be a bit more loading but if you wanted to decorate your house more it would be great.

I agree on the more locations. More sports would be great, especially if they bring in football fields, soccer fields, baseball fields etc. that sims can actually organize a team to play or practice themselves or maybe watch another team playing.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Couple more ideas(Yes I have more. :P):
    *Decorative antennas
    *Satellite dish(When placed you will receive more channels on the TV)
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited May 2010
    I would love to see more usable toys for kids. There is just not enough toys in the game. I would also like to see the sewing machine return. It was fun having a sewing room and having them to sew. I hope there will be one in Ambitions since there will be a fashion designer. :?
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    coper07734coper07734 Posts: 65
    edited May 2010
    I like your ideas. They go into more detail. My favorite is the baby stroller. That would be really helpful. :thumbup:

I know! I hate having to carry my sim toddler around everywhere...
    So, most of the time I just leave him home alone. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    More ideas:
    *Tricycles for toddlers.
    *Finger painting for toddlers.
    *Baby change tables.
    *Childrens/toddlers chair and table set.
    *Playpen and safety fences/gates.
    *More toys with more interactions. Child being able to choose favourite toy.
    That's it for now.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm happy to say that EA have made two of my ideas come true, yay. The fruit bowl, which is available at the store in the sun,surf and sand set and the clothes line, which will be available in Ambitions, you can see the pic. here..
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/198084.page
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I like decorative items, but I'd also like to be able to interact with some of them at least...
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2010
    While I usually don't like clutter at all, I do like some of your ideas:

Candles! I Love candles. Different shapes and styles, and Definitely recolorable. How about if kids, or adults could make those candles we used to make with ice cube holes? What about a candle store?

Cushions and pillows, Seperate from the couch that can be placed on couch , chair, or floor. Different shapes and styles, recolorable.

Bean Bags

Modular sofas- I really really miss these and used them A Lot in past sims games! ( Sofas with 2 or 3 seperate seat types that fit together to form different sofa shapes, for example an "L" shape with a coffee table or rug inside in front of a t.v. or firplace. ), some of the pieces may have no arms and another has the armrests.

Video game choices, these seem pretty limited.

Kids toys, again the choice seems very scarce.

Calenders, have always wanted one for my sims!

Inflatable kids pool, great idea! Maybe it could randomly spring a hole and deflate.

• Options
    Ivory55Ivory55 Posts: 64 New Member
    edited May 2010
    They also need to bring back the sectional couch that you could put together yourself... I miss that... Oh and the recliners...
  • Options
    MrsMBPMrsMBP Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    I would LOVE a real OFFICE SET. Most if not all of the items would be decorative but still they would help tremendously with story telling.

Possible items:
    1) A PRINTER!!! - and i can't stress this enough. I mean honestly what office, home/work, doesn't have a printer?
    2) Scanner

3) filing cabinet

4) Rolodex

5) in/out box

6) Copy machine

7) Interoffice mail box, you know one of those open face cabinets with the little boxes for letters and small packages. This of course would be the only truly functional thing as i know you guys could make it a real mail box. or have it just for show, either way it would look good in the game.

Here's to hoping you guys add all of these, but if you have to choose please go with the PRINTER! My offices look so fake without one.

Addicted to the sims,
    Mrs MBP
  • Options
    HollisterGuy1922HollisterGuy1922 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited May 2010
    -A town car would be fabulous for my Business sims who have taken over the world
    -Piano would rock
    -More clothes
    -And more stuff for the kitchen!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MrsMBP wrote:
    I would LOVE a real OFFICE SET. Most if not all of the items would be decorative but still they would help tremendously with story telling.

Possible items:
    1) A PRINTER!!! - and i can't stress this enough. I mean honestly what office, home/work, doesn't have a printer?
    2) Scanner

3) filing cabinet

4) Rolodex

5) in/out box

6) Copy machine

7) Interoffice mail box, you know one of those open face cabinets with the little boxes for letters and small packages. This of course would be the only truly functional thing as i know you guys could make it a real mail box. or have it just for show, either way it would look good in the game.

Here's to hoping you guys add all of these, but if you have to choose please go with the PRINTER! My offices look so fake without one.

Addicted to the sims,
    Mrs MBP

Whoa, I never thought of these ideas, they are really great. I hope EA do make these sometime in the near future.
  • Options
    nullanullanullanulla Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Random Idea -- sims need a "slap sim making moves on married/Boyfriend/girlfriends" interaction

Random idea 2 -- early retirement for sims who reach the top of their chosen career? (instead of waiting for them to pass on to elder Stage)

thanks for reading :D

• Options
    edited May 2010
    nullanulla wrote:
    Random Idea -- sims need a "slap sim making moves on married/Boyfriend/girlfriends" interaction

Random idea 2 -- early retirement for sims who reach the top of their chosen career? (instead of waiting for them to pass on to elder Stage)

thanks for reading :D

Those both are really good ideas. :-)