Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to delete custom content clothing

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    monkeyqueen556monkeyqueen556 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I learned how to download sims from the exchange recently and thought it was awesome! I went to go look at my custom content and saw a very.... disturbing "suit". :oops: I went to installed content to delete it btu couldnt find it... it is really awful and I didnt mean to download it. Could someone please help me figure out how to delete it... i dont want it to end up as default clothes!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! P.S. my first forum post so sorry if i did something wrong :?
  • Options
    PoppyCat12345678PoppyCat12345678 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    I'm having a problem with the maternity as it is available for male and all ages. I don't what sim it came with and it is not Showing up in installed content. Help please as I don't want to have delete my game
  • Options
    KiarnaaKiarnaa Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem, I downloaded a sim from the Sims exchange and everything was fine, until she had a baby and the baby wouldn't show up, and when it turned into a toddler it would be deformed, I realised it was the custom content so I deleted all the individual custom content from the "installed content" in the launcher but I can't delete the rest of it without deleting the actual sim, as it's the boots that she's wearing that shows up in the toddlers shoes, and the game automatically puts it on them. Any ideas?
  • Options
    shanejamzshanejamz Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I can't seem to uninstall this one full body outfit in my game I've tried the installed content its not there. I don't know the name of the outfit but the sim it came with isn't in my installed content either didn't know how to remove it and I really want it gone.
    P.s when I go into downloads i don't understand what it's saying so someone please help and explain thoroughly how to remove this clothing its really annoying.
  • Options
    simmiesimmersimmiesimmer Posts: 271
    edited April 2013
    Go to the TS3 launcher, click Installed Content and delete everything you don't want.
  • Options
    IndiaTolley1290IndiaTolley1290 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    i was having trouble with custom content stuff or whatever its called, i read some of the solutions on here and i got rid of most of it. but one t-shirt that made my toddlers and children look really creepy still hadn't deleted. i'm not sure if any of you do this but when i was deleting my custom content i went onto the sims tab on the launcher thing and found most of the items there. but i just discovered that the annoying and creepy t-shirt isnt in the 'sims' catagory its just in the all section. most of the cc also had a
    little white circle with like a purple flower in it.

im sorry if this has confused you or not helped at all, but thought i'd share. :D
  • Options
    jediskippy99483jediskippy99483 Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully one of you can help me!

I downloaded a sim from the exchange and one of the sims' tops was just skin. When I go into my launcher, the "skin" doesn't show up individually. Now, when I have a baby, the baby's skin doesn't even show up (I can't see the baby) and I have to trigger age transition. I want to actually let the baby be a baby. How can I fix this?

Pretty please help me!
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully one of you can help me!

I downloaded a sim from the exchange and one of the sims' tops was just skin. When I go into my launcher, the "skin" doesn't show up individually. Now, when I have a baby, the baby's skin doesn't even show up (I can't see the baby) and I have to trigger age transition. I want to actually let the baby be a baby. How can I fix this?

Pretty please help me!

1. Make a backup of your DCCache folder (if anything doesn’t go as expected)
    2. Move all files *.dbc to your desktop
    3. Move dcdb0.dbc back to your DCCache folder
    4. Start the Launcher
    5. Go to Installed Content and uninstall everything you don’t want anymore
    6. Close the Launcher
    7. Remove the dcdb0.dbc file from the DCCache and store it in a safe place.
    8. Move the dcdb1.dbc in the DCCache and rename it to dcdb0.dbc.
    9. Start the launcher and proceed with step 5 and 6 again.
    10. Rename dcdb0.dbc back to dcdb1.dbc and store it also at that safe place
    11. Do this for every DBC file in the DCCache Folder. Make sure to rename the files to their original name.
    12. Once your done, move the cleaned files back to your DCCache folder and you’re done.

Please not that if you want to do the same for Store Content, you need to do the same for the *.ebc files
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    DCCache folder? Where's that located?
  • Options
    korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    edited April 2013
    it's in the C:\Users\your name\Documents\Electronic Arts idk where it is if you use mac
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well there's not a folder with that name. But I fixed it. Thanks anyways! :)
  • Options
    ilovedogs1041ilovedogs1041 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    I need help! Whenever one of my sims has a child/twins/triplets they always show up as "invisible." but has like just one body part stretched so far when I try to follow it. It disapears. It is really annoying and it only started once when I started downloading custom content! Will uninstalling make my sims give birth to NORMAL babies?
  • Options
    Isobel77Isobel77 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Can someone help me? i downloaded a sim and it came with some awesome stuff but one of the outfits was very disturbing and i dont want to delete everything. I've tried installed content and it just says like do you want to de bug it and when i click no it exits and when i click yes it exits what do i do???
  • Options
    iambrittanyyiambrittanyy Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know how I can delete all custom content in my game?
  • Options
    aussieotisaussieotis Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Im having problems uninstalling the content, every time i scroll to delete the content it keeps promoting me to debug it.what should i do?
  • Options
    davinaflightdavinaflight Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Whilst downloading stuff from the exchange ive downloaded this crazy half horse half human outfit and all my sims in the town keep wearing it and when the babys/children wear it i get monster baby! HELP
  • Options
    GirlyAddictGirlyAddict Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Hi !
    My glitched outfits were a big problem in my game, but the biggest one was " Horse body all ages all genders". If that can help anyone, I don't think I've ever seen that outfit listed on any glitched outfits forums !
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited December 2013
    I used to download sims from the exchange with some really nice things on them but some came with the nude bodies and i COULD NOT have that in my game! I didn't know what they looked like so i realized that the strange things are probably the invisible or black things on your launcher when you try to uninstall them but now i don't use ANY CC, my game works better and all my random townie sims look half decent and aren't half naked :lol::lol:

Ok well here are the steps on uninstalling content from your game.

1. Open your launcher

2. Click the 'Installed Content' bar button at the side underneath the 'Play' Arrow button.

3. Scroll down and click the box next to the items you want to uninstall and what you don't want

4. Once you have selected all items you don't want in your game anymore and they are highlighted in yellow and ticked in the box then click the 'Uninstall' button.

Hope this helped! :D
  • Options
    TheSimmerOfSimsTheSimmerOfSims Posts: 32 New Member
    edited January 2014
    This is annoying me SO much! I must have downloaded some dodgy content or something, but I have this horse outfit. When my babies are born, they often have this outfit on, but it makes them invisible! this really annoys me because i do lp's and I don't want it ruining them! PLEASE HELP! Also, the thing with the launcher, doesn't work because as soon as you get to it, the game asks if i want to debug it, and either button you press, the game crashes :( the website everyone's talking about is really good, but doesn't have the outfit i'm looking for :-( :roll:

PLEASE HELP

:thumbup:
  • Options
    mihaicluj234mihaicluj234 Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    I have the same issue :||
    What if I delete the Sim that has Those clothes ? does it work ? Help ! :?: :?:
  • Options
    Rosebettsy1219Rosebettsy1219 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    If your baby is wearing adult clothing, delete all "New CAS projects". if you can't find any in the sims tab, look through the all tab. hope this helps! :-)
  • Options
    FrostedTaeFrostedTae Posts: 1 New Member
    Help! Previously downloaded sims have not so pleasant clothing... It wasn’t marked as the custom content but by the folder symbol so I can’t find it in Launcher. Can’t figure it out but really need to delete!