Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Red County

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi, CQ! Rukaya is not usually online this late.

What is that thing on the wall behind your sim in the picture where she is holding out the lollipop to the cowplant? I don't recognize that, and I have almost all of the store content! Love the flower shop, btw, it looks so realistic. Well, except for the cowplant. :lol:

The whole mall looks really fabulous, actually. As I recall there is a "faux" shopping area in Red County - is that where you put this?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited April 2012
    HappySimmer3
    That is some kind of latices I think its called. It came with Showtime.

I'm glad that you like the mall. Did you play the save game file from today? The file from today has the florist shop at the mall.

I'm so glad that you liked the mall. I put a lot of time into adding the shops. Thanks for noticing.
    As for its location, Coasterboi designed this world so I can't answer that question. Newport Island Shopping Center is what the mall is called in the game.

Edit: I just got the new deep frier and ice cream maker :D
    would have added it to the soda shop. :wink: Oh well, ppl will have to do it themselves.
    2lbgmjt.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Doesn't this look like it's in an old movie :)
    25anaqx.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Look who just moved to Red County!
    Misty, Raz and Vay! Oh and Vay got a dog named Lady ;)
    o0nubt.jpg
    The town will get interesting now ;)
    edited April 2012
    Alicia Keys put on a show at the coffeehouse in Red County today. Funny that no one showed up. Must of been from all the bad weather :wink:
    155rwau.jpg
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cyberqueen I dl'd the save file and when I tried to open it Adobe 9 came up and said it couldn't. I tried putting the file as it is in my Saves file and it doesn't show up in my game. I have the 7-zip program but but Adobe is coming up instead of the 7-zip. I don't know what to do.
    edited April 2012
    Rukaya wrote:
    Cyberqueen I dl'd the save file and when I tried to open it Adobe 9 came up and said it couldn't. I tried putting the file as it is in my Saves file and it doesn't show up in my game. I have the 7-zip program but but Adobe is coming up instead of the 7-zip. I don't know what to do.

Give me a minute to add the files separately and then you can just make a save file and add the files to that folder, then put the folder in you save games. Okay. Hold on. :?
    edited April 2012
    Okay Rukaya see pg 27.
    You can download the files separately and add them yourself.

Also, if you need Adobe it is free online I think.
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much Cyberqueen. I have the latest update of Adobe so I don't know what the problem is. But, you know usually I don't have problems dling save files, but, occasionally there comes along this file that just won't dl right. :? Will I have to open these files or just put them as is into a save folder as you instructed?. I will try this later as right now I am feeling frustrated. If that doesn't work, I will try fixing up RC myself sometime. I am still ticked with all the problems that I had with LA_LN. I play large worlds a lot' some very large, and don't experience any problems such as I had with that world..so oh well. I will wait for the repaired update of LA_ST as that ran smoothly except for the glitches. Today I think I will try some other worlds that I have dl'd but haven't played. I also want to move some families that I have been playing out of Great Bear, delete it and install Johnnywr's updated GB-ST. I love his worlds, and have really been enjoying the regular GB that I added ST venues to, but I have no doubt that his updated version is far superior. My singer is really coming along in her career. I also put some of my families with children in there, and they are fun to play there too. I really appreciate all your hard work. You are so very sweet and patient. Again thank you. Have a great day.
    edited April 2012
    Rukaya wrote:
    Thank you so much Cyberqueen. I have the latest update of Adobe so I don't know what the problem is. But, you know usually I don't have problems dling save files, but, occasionally there comes along this file that just won't dl right. :? Will I have to open these files or just put them as is into a save folder as you instructed?. I will try this later as right now I am feeling frustrated. If that doesn't work, I will try fixing up RC myself sometime. I am still ticked with all the problems that I had with LA_LN. I play large worlds a lot' some very large, and don't experience any problems such as I had with that world..so oh well. I will wait for the repaired update of LA_ST as that ran smoothly except for the glitches. Today I think I will try some other worlds that I have dl'd but haven't played. I also want to move some families that I have been playing out of Great Bear, delete it and install Johnnywr's updated GB-ST. I love his worlds, and have really been enjoying the regular GB that I added ST venues to, but I have no doubt that his updated version is far superior. My singer is really coming along in her career. I also put some of my families with children in there, and they are fun to play there too. I really appreciate all your hard work. You are so very sweet and patient. Again thank you. Have a great day.

Sorry that you are frustrated. It did take me a long time to take out all the cars, but don't feel bad. I now have a saved game for future use if I decide not to play with cc cars :mrgreen:

Yes, you need to open the files and save them to a file you title with the .sims3 at the end of the title. I would live to see you have this world. It is huge, well thought out, TONS of homes and I think you would really love it. I will continue to post pics on this thread if you decide to try it later.

I don't know if I can cut and paste my actual file from my game right on the thread,I didn't think that would work. If someone knows let me know and I will do that.

Okay going to the grocery store (Real life) :wink:
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi cyberqueen I was wondering if you could up load the shopping mall? its gorgeous !!
    edited April 2012
    Coasterboi is it okay for me to upload this lot for the simmer above me making the request?

You gave me permission to post a saved game file, which would still require the player to dl Red County from you first.

You gave me permission to post fixed lots on the L.A. world, of which I posted only 2.

Do you give permission for me to put the Red County Mall on the exchange with the changes that I made?

Sorry yesme88, but I prefer to get permission as I did not create it. I check this thread and the L.A. thread throughout the day. Will wait for CB to respond. Oh and thank you :oops:
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2012
    cyberqueen, thank you .
    I should have posed the question to you both. I have red county and la showtime so maybe i should just download your updated version of red county. Is the mall and the sims you have created such aa alicia keys included?
    edited April 2012
    The mall is included yes, but the town is empty of sims. Please let me know if the download does not work.

My husband fixed something that was wrong with my game today. Something to do with Flash.OCX now it seems to work right.

Just let me know if you have an issue and I will re-upload.
    edited April 2012
    What a beautiful house, right.
    2psfzsz.jpg

Do you think our sims know when the sim gods have been good to them ;)
    b996xy.jpg
    Probably not.

This is Paula Patton, an American actress and wife to the "Oh so SEXY Robin Thicke". If you don't know him you need to google and hear his "sex Therapy" on youtube. You WON"T be sorry :wink:

Anyway, she's a diva, of course. And well, every diva should have a dressing room in their home. Well, I would have one if I could.
    2zp11y0.jpg

29xjb41.jpg

vrx5b4.jpg

206oewy.jpg

19l0ec.jpg
    She'd better appreciate it :evil:
  • vay2009vay2009 Posts: 792 New Member
    edited April 2012
    OMG Cyberqueen!! That dressing room is GREAT! I'm too lazy to decorate a house with such details..(LOL) I wish you could upload these houses so our RED COUNTY would be similar. I guess I'm going to have to go play in that world soon, cause your pics make it look very enticing.. ANd I love RObin Thicke and Alicia Keys. I simply adore his SexThereapy song. LOL - and there another one he did that i like cant recall the name at the moment. NOW you have to find Swizz Beats for Alica keys Husband... :wink:
    edited April 2012
    At least she was excited about her new DIVA outfit ;)
    r9ivtj.jpg
    edited April 2012
    vay2009 wrote:
    OMG Cyberqueen!! That dressing room is GREAT! I'm too lazy to decorate a house with such details..(LOL) I wish you could upload these houses so our RED COUNTY would be similar. I guess I'm going to have to go play in that world soon, cause your pics make it look very enticing.. ANd I love RObin Thicke and Alicia Keys. I simply adore his SexThereapy song. LOL - and there another one he did that i like cant recall the name at the moment. NOW you have to find Swizz Beats for Alica keys Husband... :wink:

I'll have to figur out who her husband IS :shock: I don't even know. LOL

Thanks. I'm glad you like the houses. Did you go back and download the latest save game? It has the florist shop and more in it at the mall. see page 27 I think. (wink)
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited April 2012
    Okay so, I must be having a slow moment or it's just because I haven't seen a mediafire file like this before. Cyberqueen13, am I supposed to be able to download the whole folder? or am I supposed to download one particular file? Please help D:

Edit: Nevermind! I'm slow and didn't read everything >.>

Edit 2: I'm getting Error Command Line for the TravelDB.package file
    edited April 2012
    Lizziguin wrote:
    Okay so, I must be having a slow moment or it's just because I haven't seen a mediafire file like this before. Cyberqueen13, am I supposed to be able to download the whole folder? or am I supposed to download one particular file? Please help D:

Edit: Nevermind! I'm slow and didn't read everything >.>

Edit 2: I'm getting Error Command Line for the TravelDB.package file

Did you get it to work? Try re downloading that 1 file. If it still won't work,I will re load again.

Edit: I have done some research and I may have a fix. I have to upload the save again and make sure I take my mods off first. Will let you know when done :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2012
    Done, sorry guys the files should work this time on page 27. There are no mods used and if you follow the directions you should be super happy very soon. See you in Red County!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi,CQ!

I think what's confusing everyone about your game files is that most people zip up the entire folder, and you are just uploading the contents of the folder. If it's not too much trouble for you, it would probably be easier for folks if you zipped or rar'd your Red County.sims3 (or whatever you have named it) folder. Then people would just have the one file to download, upzip, and place in their Saves folder.

I love your idea to put the salon items in your diva's home! You are so creative! And you have such good taste, too. I love FP's cars and already have some of them in my game. I also hope Coasterboi won't mind if you share your mall. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited May 2012
    Hi,CQ!

I think what's confusing everyone about your game files is that most people zip up the entire folder, and you are just uploading the contents of the folder. If it's not too much trouble for you, it would probably be easier for folks if you zipped or rar'd your Red County.sims3 (or whatever you have named it) folder. Then people would just have the one file to download, upzip, and place in their Saves folder.

I love your idea to put the salon items in your diva's home! You are so creative! And you have such good taste, too. I love FP's cars and already have some of them in my game. I also hope Coasterboi won't mind if you share your mall. :-)

Oh thank you HappySimmer3, could you tell me how to make a zip file Or paste a link that tells me how. I will gladly make things easier for folks. (If I knew how).
  • MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2012
    Oooh CQ that house and dressing room is lush! I dunno which i got as i just have the normal cars on mine so dunno but i love your Red Country :D:D:D Oh and i looked up Robin Thicke oooh very dreamy song and he is a hottie heheheheeh :P
  • MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2012
    Just downloaded the updated Red Country (Love that world sooo pretty ) and i am installing as we speak and i love the pic of Raz me and Vay :D hugs xx You are awesome :)