Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNIQUE: Assignment 1 Results + Assignment 2

I just want to say that I think all of the entries were wonderful. I didnt give comments on my scores...because, well...I was too excited to post everything up haha :mrgreen:. Please dont get upset with your scores, remember this is all just for fun. I just realized that I'm probably not the best at hosting a contest because I feel bad when I give low scores haha! But I really do love all of your pictures and cant wait to see what round two has in store!

Randomspirit:
347irs8.jpg

Judge Evie:
1. Model: 10/10
2. Creativity: 9/10
3. Overall Image: 10/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
1. Model: 10/10
3. Overall Image: 9/10
Comments: If i didn't know this was an assignment based on elements I would assume your model was just playing fairy dress up hehe but it was clear what element you had chosen when wings are involved. Loved her pose, makeup and outfit...her eyes drag you into the picture. I'm a fan of people that have a 'theme' for their models...it's unfortunate that Penrose really loves purple, because a lovely white/pale blue outfit makeup scheme would have totally sold this Air picture to me.

Evergreen226:
5cznrm.jpg

Judge Evie:
1. Model: 9/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
2. Creativity: 9 /10
Comments: At first glance this picture seemed to be more representative of 'Nature' rather than 'Earth'. But with closer inspection it looks as if shes working the earth being in a crouched position. The picture caption further enhances the idea, using Mocha as Mother Earth. You can almost see the growing amazement in her eyes...well done.

xMiraclex37:
2qwzts4.jpg

Judge Evie:
2. Creativity: 10/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
Comments: Loved this picture, loved the way you turned Namine into a supernatural being without having to slap wings on her! The whole scene really did give me the impression of an oriental water sprite. I'm not a fan of text on pictures personally unless its really necessary, and you really didn't need it.

alexanchor:
es9klt.jpg

Judge Evie:
1. Model: 8/10
2. Creativity: 8/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
3. Overall Image: 8/10
Comments: Simplistic but nicely done. The poem caption did give this more of a 'nature' feel, without it the picuture to me does represent earth, laying on the ground, feeling every little lump and bump, its warmth etc.

Berrypie27:
28m1dux.jpg

Judge Evie:
2. Creativity: 7/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
Comments: Congratulations on picking what I think was the hardest element to represent without using editing! You did a lovely job too. Raspberry looked lovely and very much like a fiery temptress. The dark shadow of someone (Something?) in the background did ruin the picture for me however.

KelleD014:
2u4kokz.jpg

Judge Evie:

Judge Pistolkitten:
Comments: Every time I look at this picture I giggle at her facial expression, looks like something slimy just slid up her leg hehe. Your creativity was lacking a little however, you pretty much just used standing in water to symbolize water *giggles*

luxuriantlady87:
2006jl.jpg

Judge Evie:

Judge Pistolkitten:
1. Model: 7/10
Comments: Once again I get the feeling this is more of a representation of 'Nature' rather than the element 'Earth'. Beautiful set, though the statue positioning in the center of the picture takes some of the attention away from your model. I thought the bright pink hair put her a bit out of place in such a serene setting, I understand its Nia's 'natural' *giggle* hair color, but Sims have hair dye too :D

Bex7dier:
295tmiq.jpg

Judge Evie:
3. Overall Image: 7/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
3. Overall Image: 7/10
Comments: Would have like to have seen some kind of pose rather than seeing Reed just standing there. The backdrop and her outfit are effective however. The text looks just like an empty space filler...though the font and actual caption are lovely.

Sim718984: ELIMINATED
k3ncw1.jpg

Judge Evie:
1. Model: 7/10
2. Creativity: 4/10
3. Overall Image: 4/10

Judge Pistolkitten:
1. Model: 6/10
2. Creativity: 5/10
3. Overall Image: 5/10
Comments: I'm assuming this is your first competition, welcome to the modeling circuit! Please don't let my score discourage you :( Next time make sure you take your assignment pictures in game, a great setting, and a great pose or facial expression from your Sim is just as important as what shes wearing in these competitions.

Comments

• StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Assignment 2

I really want you to have fun with this assignment. Really work with your backdrops and props. Dont be afraid to actually make your sim look like a queen if you choose, or if you want, a more sentimental approach. Really , you're imagination should take over. And I'm really impressed with the last assignment. You guys did a great job. I cant wait to see what you come up with for this assignment.

ITALIC = Not Viewed
    BOLD = Viewed
    :mrgreen: = Turned in!

The Queen of Sorrow: xMiraclex37
    The Queen of destruction: KelleD014
    The Queen of Light: alexanchor
    The Queen of tranquility: luxuriantlady87
    The Queen of Darkness: Bex7dier
    The Queen of Love: Evergreen226
    The Queen of Simplicity: BerryPie27
    The Queen of Vengeance: Random Spirit

Yay, everyone has viewed [:

Due Date: unknown
    I guess the forums still have some more maintenance ahead so I'll set a due date when we get notice they're done.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited March 2010
    Congrats Everyone!
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh! 2nd place! Congrats Random, your picture was amazing!

Thanks for the comments Pistol, I didn't want to overpower the picture in brown, so I went with a more cutsie, naturey earth theme :)

I can't wait to get working on this!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • alexanchoralexanchor Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2010
    Ooohhh... This will be fun! ^_^ I can't wait to start! *goes to sleep to dream up ideas*
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited March 2010
    i've seen it and i really have to rack my brain for a great picture....queen of destruction eh? :/
  • RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited March 2010

:shock: Wow, thank you guys so much for the great score! :oops:
    I agree that the white/blue would've sold it for Air, but it just didn't go with her skin and hair colour :lol:

And thanks Evergreen :) I loved your pic too! :mrgreen:

"The Queen of Vengeance"? Ohhh, I'm gonna have sooo much fun with this :twisted: Muahaha! :lol:

Good luck guys! <3

X

• Bex7dierBex7dier Posts: 406 New Member
    edited March 2010
    seen it :D
    edited March 2010
    So I am not very good about writing captions lol!

Queen of Simplicty

ju7g1x.png
    edited March 2010
    Berrypie27: Great picture! She looks beautiful [:

Randomspirit: You deserve the great score, you're picture was divine [:
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Thank you for the scores Evie and Pistol! ^-^

I'll get right to work on this after I write the results for my competition :3
  • sim718984sim718984 Posts: 161
    edited March 2010
    :cry::cry: i knew i should have worked harder on it!! :cry::cry::cry::(
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited March 2010
    oooo I love that picture Berrypie!
  • sim718984sim718984 Posts: 161
    edited March 2010
    :(:cry: i cant find annymore contests
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Don't forget to look in the General Discussion forum Sim7...there's actually more modeling competitions there than there is here in the Creative forum :mrgreen:
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hm... Now that I think of it, my idea is more Queen of Destruction XD
    23uvol1.jpg
  • luxuriantlady87luxuriantlady87 Posts: 730 Member
    edited March 2010
    Seen it! :shock: I will get started on this tomorrow
    edited March 2010
    oooo I love that picture Berrypie!

Thank you ;D
    edited March 2010

Ohhh, Berry thats so pretty! You go girl ;)

Random is annoyed - i got my background set-up, my sims in place.... and then my game crashed >:O( grrr! :lol:

X
    edited March 2010
    I love your picture berry! ^-^

~~

Namine ~ Queen of Sorrow

Screenshot-398.jpg

Why do I wear this crown atop my head
    When I know, that I can never be wed,
    To the one, who I was destined to be with forever,
    For he rests in the ground, because he is dead.

I stand and grief pretending 'tis not true
    Trying to put on a happy face, trying not to be blue
    For my people are counting
    On me to rule
    this happy kingdom, rid of cruel.

I take my crown off,
    Rest it on the nightside table,
    I walk to the gravesight,
    trying to be stable.

I sit and wonder,
    In the crook of a dead tree,
    What is it like for him,
    To not be with me?

Does he hurt as much as I?
    Does he miss me as much?
    Maybe he's watching over me,
    I can almost feel his touch...

Namine loved someone. She loved how genorous he was, how loving and caring. It was the night of her corination, Wesley had just proposed and she was as happy as could be, they would be King and Queen together! But as her mother placed the crown atop of Namine's head, she looked around the crowd and Wesley was nowhere to be found.
    Namine later found out that Wesley was killed by his own brother, he was jelous of Wesley for marrying into the royality. Namine was devastated, surrouded by grief. She locked herself in her room, wasn't heard from for weeks. When a nave finally checked inside the hallowed room, Namine was nowhere to be found.
    She was in the secret graveplace where they have buried Wesley. They expected her to never find it, for it was secreted away by trees and walls, but you can never keep a love away from a love...
    Namine wasn't stupid enough not to bring food, she had brought enough so she could survive for a couple weeks, but after that she decided that she was done for. Destined to go up to the heavens with Wesley, forever and ever. She's be happy to die in the mounths of paper, with angsty poetry scrawled over their surfaces, she'd be happy to die in the crook of a gray, old dead tree, she'd be happy to die next to Wesley's gravestone, she'd be happy, to leave her crown behind, sitting on the nigtstand table....

~~

I hope it's okay (: .
    edited March 2010

Oooh, nice story to go with the cool piccy, Miracle :)

X
    edited March 2010
    I can't wait to see what you come up with random :3<3
  • KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited March 2010
    wow nice story miracle, very long lolz O.O

here is my picture!

Aniera ~ Queen of Destruction

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/KelleD014/Screenshot-532.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

"Yeah, I'm the Queen of Destruction but something as big as setting two angels one fire still bores me."

hehe thanks miracle for the captions ^.^
    edited March 2010
    @Kelle:

Hehe, I sort of go too long when I'm in the zone XDD hahaaha.

I still love it ^.^ [you're welcome d:]
    edited March 2010
    Great shots you guys! Thank you all for the nice words :)
    edited March 2010
    I just want to say all of the entries so far are fantastic! And I also want to say how frickin happy I am that the forums are back up, even if it is just for a moment. Lets all hope they past their test and stay up!