Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High End Loft Glitches

I've been noticing that ever since I uploaded High End Loft onto my Laptop I've been having issues with the Hand Tool. Basically, I put a bed in the Family Inventory and after that I couldn't place things with the Hand Tool from both the Family Inventory and the individual Sims' backpacks.Here's an image of what I've been encountering:

HandToolIssue.jpg

If anyone else has noticed any glitches, by all means please post them here.
You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^

Comments

• IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2010
    I had encountered this problem, I don't have World Adventure expansion nor HEL stuff pack yet. This problem occured after I have downloaded and installed the spider house/pyramid house on exchange. Is your handtool unable to change and the placing objects is sometimes invisible and unable to delete while $ also starting to messing up when placing/delete/move objects?

I quit my game, uninstall both houses from launcher, restart the game and all problems disappeared.

Maybe it's not related with the spider house/pyramid house. But at least for me it was the method used to solve the problem and was successed :P Maybe some of your recent download items from The Exchange has something to do with this handtool problem.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • en_GB Anonymousen_GB Anonymous Posts: 283 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I have encountered this (I have both wa & hel) and found that if I left click the item to drop the hand then changes to the normal icon and I can actually drop the item. Hope this helps
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have the same problem too,
    I believe this started happening after I install the high end loft stuff pack.

When I moved my Sims to a new house and was unpacking their furnitures from the box,
    the hand tool started going crazy...this is very frustrating
    this problem happens when moving objects out of the back pack too...

I try restarting the game
    update the patches, nothing seems to work...
  • GaluminousGaluminous Posts: 657 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have been having this issue for a looong time, I don't have High-End Loft or the Spider House. I have the base game and World Adventures. As far as I know the only fix is to go back to the main menu.
  • KandyceKandyce Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2010
    I began having this issue with World Adventures. It may be linked to one of the patches released at that time. I sumbitted a ticket to EA and was more or less told that they know about it, and don't have a fix for it.

Actual clip from my ticket:
    Secondly, the bug with the inventory is known about, and I wish I could do more for that, but nothing I can do, technically, will fix that until its fixed on a bigger level.

Took me a good month of battling with them for them to escalate it to someone with the balls to tell me the truth. You know, instead of being told it's my computer, my settings, my fault, etc.
  • dorienjordydorienjordy Posts: 21
    edited March 2010
    i have that either! :cry:
    but without HELS. :?
    i get HELS in only 4 more days!! :mrgreen:
    But.. i have the problem that i can't move a item from the ground to my inventory!
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited March 2010
    Go back to main menue or, exit, delete cache files and restart clears it for ages.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • TangiiTangii Posts: 76 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I did have this problem, the first day I installed HEL. But after that, it never happened it again.
  • KiaraKiara Posts: 236 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Go back to main menue or, exit, delete cache files and restart clears it for ages.
    Thanks for the tip. I hope it helps

I have this problem from the family inventory only so I usually go to live mode and save. Then go back and it works fine for a little bit.
  • etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have WA but not HEL and I've noticed this problem happens anytime I have things in the family inventory and then copy the house to a new neighborhood (to get the tombs to reset). Anytime you touch one of those items in the family inventory it makes your grabber hand messed up, the only thing I've found works is to delete all the items in your family inventory. I know.... Not great but you need to delete the items BEFORE you get the messed up hand. I've had to go back to saved games before I tried to move the family inventory items and just delete everything and then it goes away.
  • ScreamworksScreamworks Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    HEL gave me that issue and soooo many others it's ridiculous. I wish I never bought it. The worst issue since installing it is my sim saves corrupt or my sims go invisible. Either way I have to restart my legacy over and over. So over The Sims 3 in general.
  • AmoritaphillipsAmoritaphillips Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I also had that problem, but mine started after installing World Adventures.
  • AnnieEsqAnnieEsq Posts: 72 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I had this problem too but I think it started with World Adventures. When I was trying to move things out of my sims inventory the hand would sometimes get stuck. I was usually able to correct it by hitting the Escape Key.

When that didn't work it would usually correct by going to Edit Town, saving game and then Return to Game. I rarely had to go all the way back to main menu. So your problem may be worse than mine.

• aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited May 2010
    i think this happend to me the other day
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2010
    It happens to me once in a while, too - sometimes just going to 'edit town' helps, but sometimes I have to totally restart the game...

I think it depends on how much my Sims have in their inventory how bad it actually is, but that's just a feeling I have. I haven't really tested it.
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I had that problem after I saved some patterns in Create-a-Style. Deleting the patterns I was finished with cleared it up. I'm sure it's a memory problem, so anything you can do to reduce the amount of memory the program is using should help.