Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tents in my world

Hi
Can someone - anyone - tell my how I can place an open tent in my new world - in EIG
I have build a Camping site and would like som tents.
But the only ones I can get is the "folded" ones you buy in the store ...no matter what I try?? :(

Comments

• Options
    sim718sim718 Posts: 61
    edited February 2010
    give this a try: if you have the tents apairently you have the buydebug you know that cheat. try pressing ctrl and shift then clicking the tent, loo kin the menu see if yuo cna find some ind of unfold/unset option or something
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    I read this on the forum about a week ago. Go into edit town mode in one of your Sims 3 games and go to one of the foreign destinations. Click on one of the sites that has tents (there are a couple of small camp grounds in France, for example) and save a copy to your lots bin). Now go back to EIG in create-a-world and place it on one of your empty community lots. The lot, of course, needs to be the same size or larger. After you've done this, you can go into buy/build mode and clone the open tents if you want to add more tents.

I tested this and it works.
  • Options
    ClawswpClawswp Posts: 470 New Member
    edited February 2010
    what debra said is right its the only way i got a tent to work.

placing a tent from buydebug doesnt work it will sit there but no interactions- thu i did not try clicking ctrl on them so perhaps that works also.

• Options
    MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited February 2010
    Yes, Thanks .. I got the tents using Buydebug - but nothing can make them unfold/open.
    I tried the ctrl+ Shift+click - that only gave me a "clone" option.
    so??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay debra ...Thanks ..:)
    But that also means I have to rebuild my camping site ... doesn't it?

(I searched the forum for something about tents and nothing came up)
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    MeresimP wrote:
    Okay debra ...Thanks ..:)
    But that also means I have to rebuild my camping site ... doesn't it?

Yes, you would need to place the campground on an empty lot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay - but thank you so much
    Back to work ... ;)
  • Options
    padda1794padda1794 Posts: 192 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Or you can save the lot from EIG to the library and place it in an game world and make your sim buy tents and place them on the lot then save the other version of the lot in the library and open EIG and place it.
    i do not know if it works but i think it does.
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2010
    The easiest (and quickest ) way I found to do this is to build the lot the way you want it to be as a residental lot. Move a sim in, have them open tents from their inventory, then kill the sim off, and delete the tombstone. Then go into edit town, and change the lot type to community. The tents stay there. You don't have to delet the tombstone,(it can cause bugs) if you send a klepto to the lot, you can make them steal it. :D

Edit-if a sim opens a tent on a community lot, the tent automaticly goes back into their inventory if they leave.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I made it with you advice Dera - thanks
    My lot was a special size so I could not use your advice Padda - but it might have worked;)

Advices about moving Sims in won't work in CAW!!
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2010
    If you build it in game, move it to the lots bin, you can place it in caw. I have built alot of lots in the game that I have moved in caw.....
    yhCWXCP.gif