Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to switch to dirt road?

So, I read the tutorial on how to switch to the dirt road, and made the custom road. However, when I go to place the road, the usual grey tar road is what is selected.

Basically, once I make the custom road with the dirt road textures, how do I then lay down the dirt road instead of the other road?

Thanks!

Comments

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    I just answered this question yesterday. I'm sure Search would have found it for you.

Right-click on the name of your custom road and choose the option for making it active.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2010
    Oops, I did look around a bit but didn't use the Search fuction.

Thanks, though.
  • MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi misscbong,

I had this problem, it's quite easy it turns out. If you've saved the dirt road, find it in the list of road types, right click it and select make active.

I hope this helps?

Gaz
    edited February 2010
    MadGaz, isn't that basically what I just said? :lol:

Misscbong, remember in C-A-W there are a lot of features you can't find without right-clicking. That program is about twice what it appears on the surface just because of that.
  • MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited February 2010
    OOps! Sorry BSIRegina, my browser's being a bit slow responding this evening :oops:

btw: thanks for the fantastic link to the rabbithole rugs! These'll come in handy so I don't spoil the look of my town :)
    Gaz
    edited February 2010
    You're welcome! That's exactly why we started twisting arms to get them made. Of course when that project was started no one realized just how hard it would be. I don't know if anyone would have had the gumption to step up to the plate if they had realized.
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks guys!

BSIRegina, I always forget to right click! I've successfully lain down a small track of dirt road, and it's looking how it's supposed to, so that's good. I much prefer it to the tar road for the town I'm making.

As for these rabbithole rugs, I've heard about them, and will need to find the links for them as well. It'll be something pretty huge to make the buildings, but atleast it's only the outside that needs making...right?
    edited February 2010
    Yes, for your buildings you want for your rabbit holes, finishing the insides other than maybe paint and flooring is optional. Just build it how you want the outside, plop in a rug, making sure there's a door to the inside. Also, set the rug back a tile or two away from the doorway so the Sims can "enter" it and you're good! It won't be any worse than building more houses and such, maybe even easier. Plus, you could have one building hold multiple rugs!

You can find the rugs in the Build & Buy section at Custom Sims 3. :)