Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes, dislikes, and a few questions in between...

Finally, after dates changing and anticipation, it's here! It feels like just yesterday I found out they were making one, about a year ago! Man, the time goes fast! Anyways, I think I liked the game...I need some more RAM so it'll speed up and I think I'll like it a lot more. This is just a little forum for our likes, dislikes, and some questions.

~Seamless neighborhoods! This was the main thing I looked forward too!
~I really liked how we could choose our own shoes. Some of the defaults in Sims 2 totally ruined an otherwise great outfit!
~I think I like the whole traits thing, I haven't gotten to much gameplay yet to see if I really like it.
~I'm totally digging the clothes this time. Much, much better than the defaults in the other two games.

DISLIKES:

~It shouldn't bother me this much, but did anyone else find it weird they didn't include the underwear for clothing? I thought it was cool you could totally customize your underwear...but then I found out I was in the PJs tab. Hm, anyone know why they didn't include it?
~This is small, but I don't like how the cursor is. You know how in Sims 2 if you wanted to like watch TV, and you cursored over the TV, the cursor changed, so you know you could do an action with it, right? I didn't like that the cursor never changed. Or maybe it did, but my game was too slow to process it :lol:
~So I started out with a married couple. I click on the girl, and the boy can't do like, anything! He can kiss, but I liked how in Sims 2 you could kiss tenderly, or romantically, you had a choice, ya know?
~I know that it will get easier after playing for awhile, but it seemed like there was a lot of different things you had to watch out for. Like the wants were organized differently, and the moodlet thing throws me off, too. I'm sure I'll get used to it once I play more, though.

I think that's about it, for now that is. OH, does anyone know how to get a job in the education career? When I clicked on the school it just said "take classes." Are there two schools? One community and one elementary? Anywho, that's about it. So, what about you fellow simmers? What did you guys like and dislike? I'm curious to know your opinions!

Happy Simming!
Emily :D

Comments

• Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Whoa, you have alot of dislikes.

Likes-
    1. The job opportunies and challenges, it was interesting.
    2. choosing your traits and shoes were really cool.

dislikes-
    1. I didn't like it when they change the storylines for the old families of the sims 2, why can't they start the storyline from where they started? I wanna know what happened to bella, and did mortimer die? xp
    2. The sims look kind of ugly. (no offense to people who like them.)
    3. the time goes too slow.
    4. really hard to move around
    5. you can't do any type of kiss
    6. no cutscenes.

• PonyPony Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is no education career- it was added in an EP in ts2 so it makes sense for it to not be in this base game.
  • bodiebethbodiebeth Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh, darn. Thank you!
    Hopefully in the expansion pack, which I'm sure they're making right now. xD
  • LandieLandie Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, only two things bother me ;

1. Yeah, I'll admit the cursor takes some "gettin' use to", it's kind of annoying at this stage.
    2. D: Ultra speed, is like, Ultra slow. >_> I could've taken a nap while my sims slept through the night.