Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patches

The computer that I am on now obviously has the internet but it doesn't meet the requirements to play the Sims 3, therefore I have the Sims installed on a computer that my parents bought for me, just so I could play the Sims 3 - but that computer has no internet. So my question is, how do I put patches into my game, in this situation :?:
My Sim, living her best life...
pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
#RagsToRiches

Comments

• Cathy34Cathy34 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited January 2010
    You can download patches from other sites
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited January 2010
    Which sites are reliable/okay to download from?
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • w3byw3by Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2010
    You can find download links on SimPrograms.com :)
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited January 2010
    w3by wrote:
    You can find download links on SimPrograms.com :)

Thank you! :)

Does it matter which patch I download? (I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all on the sims, yet!)
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • w3byw3by Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2010
    You'll have to download every patch from there, as they only go up for one version (not from 1st, "original" version of the game to the latest).

Before you download, take a look at your launcher and look for the current version number, you'll need to download the patches that end the same as your current game version's number ends (i.e. ...002, ...003, etc. as each region has it's own number in the end)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited January 2010
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE LAST PATCH!

Patch 1.8/ 2.3 will try to connect your system to the internet and since your computer doesn't have an internet connection I anticipate problems.

Plus the patch causes all sorts of bugs and glitches. Wait until EA has released another patch to fix the 1.8/ 2.3 patch.

1.8/ 2.3 does fix some problems from WA (4 of them), but has caused much misery amoung many players. Bugs aren't guaranteed with the 1.8/ 2.3 patch, but they seem frighteningly common. I strongly suggest you avoid it.