Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC .sims3pack Files Won't Install. ><

Today I installed some CC .sims3pack files (NOT from the Store) and copied-pasted the files into the My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Downloads folder, where all my other .sims3pack files are. When I went to my launcher to install them, the little box saying "Success!" for each file showed up, but the Launcher doesn't say they're installed to the game itself. I checked in-game and the CC doesn't show up. I've tried copying-pasting the files from my Downloads folder to the My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Downloads folder, and double-clicked the files. They won't install. Any way I can install these files and/or at least have the Launcher say they're installed for real? I haven't ever had this problem before.

I have patch 2.3. Forgot to include that.

Comments

• Sims2TheMax3Sims2TheMax3 Posts: 441
    edited January 2010
    umm, i have not seen this before, you can always try again.
    it happened with a hair from the store i bought and i tried over and over.
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    edited January 2010
    i had the same issue. what i did was delete all the ones that weren't showing up in game and then redownloaded them and reinstalled them. that worked for me. hopefully it will work for you
  • ariette13ariette13 Posts: 64
    edited August 2011
    hey did you ever figure this out? ever since i patched the game with the last update i can't install any sim in sims3pack form! it's making me wanna throw my laptop across the room :(
  • DreamingDigitalDreamingDigital Posts: 22
    edited August 2011
    i have the same problem. If i use either Store Content or Content I found on other sites, I click to download the simpack package file into the launcher but nothing shows up. Sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. i REALLY am starting to HATE the sims 3 launcher. It's a piece of crap!!
  • LeGabrielleLeGabrielle Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    I have this kind of problem, too. The thing is, patch 1.23 is probably the cause of this problem.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've just recently started dl'ing sims3pack files from a couple of friendly sites and have found saving to desktop first then double clicking will put them in the launcher and game. Don't know if this will help or not, but good luck!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DramagirlieDramagirlie Posts: 21 New Member
    edited September 2012
    did anyone ever figure this out? I have not been able to install ANY .sims3pack files in probably over a year, and it is becoming really frustrating because there are so many cool worlds on the exchange that I want to try, but none of them will install.

This is how my problem works:
    1. I download a .sims3pack file and it ends up in my downloads folder

2. either double-click from the folder or select and click "install" within the launcher

3. launcher installer window pops up, loads, then says the install was a success

4. restarting launcher results in the file showing up as not installed, but installing again says "success" but restarting laucher will still show as not installed again.

5. content never shows up in game.

This is really making me not want to even purchase any content from the store either, because I can spend real money but have no idea if the content will even show up in my game. it's really becoming sad because I would love to install some new store worlds before seasons comes out, but don't want to be left empty handed if the world/content will not install in my launcher.
  • rachelecabigonrachelecabigon Posts: 1 New Member
    Try checking your MOD file folder if you have any. Then re install all the cc file in launcher then move back the mod file in mod>packages folder
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    I really appreciate how helpful you're being but please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top