Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peacy's Stuff - StoneyBrook Barn Page 1

Comments

• NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited December 2010
    Your victorian is just beautiful. I love everything about it. The architecture is beautiful. Very well done! D-R-F :)
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited December 2010
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Your victorian is just beautiful. I love everything about it. The architecture is beautiful. Very well done! D-R-F :)

thank you so much. i am really not confident with this style and i am glad that i have done it justice :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2010
    WOW! :shock: You can build anything. You are comfortable with any style of build. I just went WOW when I saw your victorian build. It is so pretty. I love that tower. The exterior wall is very pretty and goes so well with the roof colour. The garden is very beautiful. Inside, I love the patterns and the colour combinations you have used. My favourite rooms are the living room, dining room, study, the 2 double bedrooms, the nursery and the bathrooms. Gorgeous build Peacey! Well done! Left a well deserved recommendation for your build. :thumbup:
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yay, we finally got to see the peacy vic! It's so cute and charming, this proves that you can do anything! I absolutely adore the landscaping, and the shade of blue is just gorgeous! Great job, off to rec! :)
  • FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Peacy, what are you talking about? Struggling with the interiors? I can’t imagine what we could see if you hadn’t struggled with the interior of this house. It looks gorgeous! Fantastic work. The study is my favorite room with all those windows. I love the blue also. Off to rec and dld.
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi Peacy
    You have a unique style that shows through with all of your builds. :D
    This is a wonderful Victorian love the soft blues and the architecture of the exterior surrounded by a very pretty garden. The interior is elegant love the dark blue accents. :D A rec for sure. :thumbup: Folly
    edited December 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    WOW! :shock: You can build anything. You are comfortable with any style of build. I just went WOW when I saw your victorian build. It is so pretty. I love that tower. The exterior wall is very pretty and goes so well with the roof colour. The garden is very beautiful. Inside, I love the patterns and the colour combinations you have used. My favourite rooms are the living room, dining room, study, the 2 double bedrooms, the nursery and the bathrooms. Gorgeous build Peacey! Well done! Left a well deserved recommendation for your build. :thumbup:

thanks yanti :mrgreen:

i wouldn't say i am comfortable with this style but i can now say i have tried it. i think i still prefer my modern builds :lol:
    edited December 2010
    linday wrote:
    Yay, we finally got to see the peacy vic! It's so cute and charming, this proves that you can do anything! I absolutely adore the landscaping, and the shade of blue is just gorgeous! Great job, off to rec! :)

linday your so kind. i didn't mean to make people wait so long for it but i guess when you have decorators block its just better to move on. i am happy you like it but i think that will be my last victorian for a while 8)
    edited December 2010
    Freynas wrote:
    Peacy, what are you talking about? Struggling with the interiors? I can’t imagine what we could see if you hadn’t struggled with the interior of this house. It looks gorgeous! Fantastic work. The study is my favorite room with all those windows. I love the blue also. Off to rec and dld.

i really did! it has been in my game for months now as i have been putting off completing it as i have no idea what to do inside. i felt i did use too much store content but once it was finished i just loved it the way it was and didn't want to spoil it. i think without it the house would still be in my game, a barren shell gathering virtual cobwebs :lol:
    edited December 2010
    follyfoot wrote:
    Hi Peacy
    You have a unique style that shows through with all of your builds. :D
    This is a wonderful Victorian love the soft blues and the architecture of the exterior surrounded by a very pretty garden. The interior is elegant love the dark blue accents. :D A rec for sure. :thumbup: Folly

you know people tell me that a lot but i don't always see it. i am happy to know its there. if someone re-uploads it someone out there will pick up on it :lol:

i have always wanted to do a prussian blue interior and this gave me the opportunity to do it. i am happy people like it as much as i do :)
    edited December 2010
    Ok here is my second upload for the weekend. its another usonian themed home for my bridgeport revitalisation.

sandstoneridgeusonian_1.png

download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3489786#

Whats Inside:
    -open plan living area
    -study
    -3 bedrooms
    -2 bathrooms
    -wrap around balcony
    -upper entertainment area
    -second floor balcony

link to slideshow:

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/Peacemaker_ic/Usonian Houses/?action=view&current=df429726.pbw

for more details on the house, please visit my blog as it takes too long to post the same info everywhere :P

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com/2010/12/sandstone-ridge-usonian-sloped-lot.html

well i hope you enjoy and i have a very special lot for tomorrow so i hope to see you then :)
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wowee! This looks spectacular! :D

Love the colour scheme, the layout is fab too, and I like the contrasts in textures. :D

Stunning as usual! :wink:

A Big DRF from me, Peace-Man! :thumbup:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2010
    Stunning lot Peacey! What a beautiful architecture! :shock: I love the stone wall very much! The carport looks beautiful. The interiors as usual is of very high standard! Love the living room, dining room, kitchen, study, double bedroom, nursery and the bathroom. Also the hot tub area, the outside barbecue area and the outside sitting area looks fantastic! Simply brilliant! Left a well deserved recommendation for your lot. :thumbup:
    edited December 2010
    Wowee! This looks spectacular! :D

Love the colour scheme, the layout is fab too, and I like the contrasts in textures. :D

Stunning as usual! :wink:

A Big DRF from me, Peace-Man! :thumbup:

thanks stu. i do try and wow dl'ers. i am glad i have at least done that once :)
    edited December 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    Stunning lot Peacey! What a beautiful architecture! :shock: I love the stone wall very much! The carport looks beautiful. The interiors as usual is of very high standard! Love the living room, dining room, kitchen, study, double bedroom, nursery and the bathroom. Also the hot tub area, the outside barbecue area and the outside sitting area looks fantastic! Simply brilliant! Left a well deserved recommendation for your lot. :thumbup:

thanks yanti. it felt nice finishing this home after all the issues i had with it. :x
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited December 2010
    Awsome home Peacy. Very spacious and airy feeling. The landscaping is impeccable, and the blue theme very tasteful. I like your use of the frieze mid-floors to get that interesting stair landing in the hall. Very clever! Gives the house some extra height as well. Rec'd and fav'd!
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited December 2010
    Another beautiful creation, as always. What a creative use for the Roof Apex, I can't say as I have ever seen that before! It took me a few minutes of looking at your pictures in the slideshow before I finally realized what you used. The colors and the layout are so clean and serene, and the view from the balconies are stunning. The shade of blue that you used, the pale turquoise color, is probably my least favorite color ever but you make it work and it looks lovely. Rec'd and Fav'd, and looking forward what the next upload brings!
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited December 2010
    Aw, another Frank Lloyd Wright fan I see. The Sandstone Ridge Usonian is beautiful. Very tastefully modernized. Most would not realize that this is a "vintage" home and reflects Wright's architectural direction in the 40's. All the right Wright (lol, a pun) elements are there. Use of natural stone, wood, horizontal design and lots of windows to bring the outside in. A well deserved rec from me :)
    Kirk
    edited December 2010
    socalkdl wrote:
    Awsome home Peacy. Very spacious and airy feeling. The landscaping is impeccable, and the blue theme very tasteful. I like your use of the frieze mid-floors to get that interesting stair landing in the hall. Very clever! Gives the house some extra height as well. Rec'd and fav'd!
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg

thanks. i still struggle with this style but i am so happy with the feedback and comments i am getting :)

the cfe was used mainly to get the covered porch and decided to incorperate the stairs inside too. i still wish i could create a u shped staircase without cfe. one can dream
  • Micky101037Micky101037 Posts: 2,940 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I love both of your new builds, but I have to say the Usonian is my favorite. I love the incline the home is built on, and the waterfalls make it look so natural! I love how creative and well thought out your builds are, and these two are obviously no exception. Dl and rec'd for both.
    edited December 2010
    Another beautiful creation, as always. What a creative use for the Roof Apex, I can't say as I have ever seen that before! It took me a few minutes of looking at your pictures in the slideshow before I finally realized what you used. The colors and the layout are so clean and serene, and the view from the balconies are stunning. The shade of blue that you used, the pale turquoise color, is probably my least favorite color ever but you make it work and it looks lovely. Rec'd and Fav'd, and looking forward what the next upload brings!

thanks jessa

the house its based on is simple yet complex at the same time. i used a combination of the placefriezes and cfe to get the effect. the overhangs are the stages too. adds more visual "weight" to the structure which is more appealing.

i wanted to use a truer blue but it ended up looking cold. the turquoise, which is a mid century decor fave, just worked well in this build. its nice to know i can use a colour and make it more appealing to the viewer :)

P.S. the next lot has lots packed in a small package ;)
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited December 2010
    your latest upload is just stunning!! I love all of it and the architecture is amazing!! :) D-R-F :)
    edited December 2010
    socalkdl wrote:
    Aw, another Frank Lloyd Wright fan I see. The Sandstone Ridge Usonian is beautiful. Very tastefully modernized. Most would not realize that this is a "vintage" home and reflects Wright's architectural direction in the 40's. All the right Wright (lol, a pun) elements are there. Use of natural stone, wood, horizontal design and lots of windows to bring the outside in. A well deserved rec from me :)
    Kirk

yes i am a big FLW fan. his designs a timeless yet very much mid century. i decided to update the interior as EA hasn't provided enough items to decorate in that style. i do have the appropriate cc for it and i am saving that for a true mid century usonian.
    the stone texture i actually made myself and i added the render element to break up the wood. i love windows to so i guess this is very much the style i love to build and create :)
    edited December 2010
    I love both of your new builds, but I have to say the Usonian is my favorite. I love the incline the home is built on, and the waterfalls make it look so natural! I love how creative and well thought out your builds are, and these two are obviously no exception. Dl and rec'd for both.

him mickey!

that sloped lot was difficult to work with as i had to be creative with what to do after i had finished the house. simeve suggested leaving it blank but i couldn't do that. i had to add a wow factor. FLW's style was very much bringing nature in so i decided to take that a step further. in essence it takes cues from Falling water but combines it in a different package. i really do enjoy building in this style :)
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited December 2010
    love it :) as always :)