Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peacy's Stuff - StoneyBrook Barn Page 1

Comments

• peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited November 2010
    that would be awesome in game!
  • SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2010
    Already told you I love this. I love yellow as a pop colour in decorating....did I tell you I had put this on TSS facebook page? Tweeted it? Rec'd it?

Well I have now!
  • marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited November 2010
    that would be awesome in game!

I think it would look cool too.
    Like a statue right on the beach!
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Peacy
    Wow! So realistic and so many inspiring ideas. :D Hard to pick a favourite area but the detail in the landscaping is amazing. :D Left a rec and Fav'd. :thumbup:
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited November 2010
    I love your new build! I agree with the people here who say your builds are inspiring. I am currently working on my first ever modern, and I must say that your last three have been very inspiring.

The yellow accent is a nice touch on the interior. I personally would never have touched yellow, but it looks like the key working with colors like this (and really any color) is knowing how to use them. And you certainly know how to use them. Nice job. :thumbup: Left a well deserved rec.
    sigg.gif

• kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited November 2010
    Peacy rocks! :D
    Imagination > Knowledge
    edited November 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Already told you I love this. I love yellow as a pop colour in decorating....did I tell you I had put this on TSS facebook page? Tweeted it? Rec'd it?

Well I have now!

thank you smoky. i really thought the yellow would be hated more then it is but i am so happy people really like it. thank you for tweeting, FB'ing and rec'ing :mrgreen:
    edited November 2010
    follyfoot wrote:
    Hi Peacy
    Wow! So realistic and so many inspiring ideas. :D Hard to pick a favourite area but the detail in the landscaping is amazing. :D Left a rec and Fav'd. :thumbup:

thank you. i had a lot of fun making this lot. if i don't have fun with it i don't upload :lol:

thanks for the rec :mrgreen:
    edited November 2010
    petalbot wrote:
    I love your new build! I agree with the people here who say your builds are inspiring. I am currently working on my first ever modern, and I must say that your last three have been very inspiring.

The yellow accent is a nice touch on the interior. I personally would never have touched yellow, but it looks like the key working with colors like this (and really any color) is knowing how to use them. And you certainly know how to use them. Nice job. :thumbup: Left a well deserved rec.

thank you very much :D

it really pleases me to know that my builds are inspiring to other creators. i wish you luck with your very first modern. i think they are fun to build more then other styles.

i don't tend to use yellow much either but it was begging to be used here. they rock itself had a darker yellow in its tone so it went well. i tried other pallets but this worked the most :)
    edited November 2010
    Peacy rocks! :D

:lol:

thanks kim :mrgreen:
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited November 2010
    8) Wow Peacey you really hit this modern way out in the ballpark bud, I am so loving your use of yellow with the grays and white. It looks so natural, almost as if the sunshine is shining from within and warming the atmosphere, inviting all who enter to make oneself right at home :wink: 8) rec and a dld :D

hugs, Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    edited November 2010
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    8) Wow Peacey you really hit this modern way out in the ballpark bud, I am so loving your use of yellow with the grays and white. It looks so natural, almost as if the sunshine is shining from within and warming the atmosphere, inviting all who enter to make oneself right at home :wink: 8) rec and a dld :D

hugs, Terry

thanks terry. i try to break the "glass box" mould whenever i get a chance. who ever said a modern build was exclusively box like with lots of windows needs a good taking too :lol:

i never thought of the yellow like that but the colour is said to be warming and inviting so makes perfect sense. i would love the live here but i bet if it ever goes on the market it would cost an arm and a leg :lol:
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited November 2010
    Jacob's House is STUNNING!!! :wink:

Downloading! Rec & Fav-ed, too! :D
  • spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Peacy - left a comment on TSS, but just wanted to say how much I love Jacob's House again.

Thanks for sharing, DRF! :thumbup:
    edited November 2010
    Jacob's House is STUNNING!!! :wink:

Downloading! Rec & Fav-ed, too! :D

hi stu, hope your holiday went well. happy to know you like jacob's house. i was hoping you would :)

lets hope there is no problems this time around :?
    edited November 2010
    spartan1 wrote:
    Hi Peacy - left a comment on TSS, but just wanted to say how much I love Jacob's House again.

Thanks for sharing, DRF! :thumbup:

thanks spartan and your welcome :)
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2010
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Wow! Okay I'm gonna say it, usually I don't like yellow (may go back to school buses and fear of failure issues from school.) But son! Do you know how to use yellow! Also yes, you are the "King" of moderns. This house is CLEAN! I love the egg chair's in the kitchen, and the entire kitchen for that matter, best. Rec'd & DL (Accompanied by thunderous applause)
    edited December 2010
    Judiland wrote:
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Wow! Okay I'm gonna say it, usually I don't like yellow (may go back to school buses and fear of failure issues from school.) But son! Do you know how to use yellow! Also yes, you are the "King" of moderns. This house is CLEAN! I love the egg chair's in the kitchen, and the entire kitchen for that matter, best. Rec'd & DL (Accompanied by thunderous applause)

Hi Judi :)

i agree, i usually don't like yellow either but it just went so well with the stone i had to use it. i wouldn't call myself and expert interior designer as i am always learning things but thank you very much. i do enjoy my modern houses as well, it suites my personality :)
  • jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Looks awesome peacy I really like the design of the place. The horizontal roof sections are a nice touch to counterbalance the heavy blockiness of the vertical structure. The new platforms really lend themselves to extended eaves and work well for modern builds. Great work Rec’d
    edited December 2010
    jisgr8 wrote:
    Looks awesome peacy I really like the design of the place. The horizontal roof sections are a nice touch to counterbalance the heavy blockiness of the vertical structure. The new platforms really lend themselves to extended eaves and work well for modern builds. Great work Rec’d

thanks J. i really do love the new platform tool. it is quite handy in builds such as this one. counterbalance is very important as you and i guess thats why i love this style. it is well thought out and balanced yet simple as well :)
    edited December 2010
    Ok everyone here is the first of 3 houses i will be uploading over the next few days.

BleuVictorian.png

Download here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3486090#

This was a challenge of sorts from Ruthless_kk to see if i could actually pull off building a victorian. i think i did ok (after so coaching from her) on the exterior but the interior i struggled. its been months and i finally finished and its on the exchange.

here is a slideshow of the house:

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/Peacemaker_ic/Bleu Victorian/?action=view&current=c8dede4e.pbw

for more details check my blog here:

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com/2010/12/bleu-victorian-challenge-for-myself.html

well i hope you enjoy :)
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh! Very well done, as always! :wink: I'm sure Ms. Ruthless will be quite proud. Of course you got me with the blue! My favorite color, and everyone who comes to my house in RL knows that instantly, it blue up all over in here. My favorite part of this new home you have built is the Piano alcove, how lovely! My sister (who plays piano very well,) would go nut's for such a place with a view. But in truth the entire place is well laid out, and has that awesome opulent Victorian feel to it. I'd feel like a queen in that gorgeous master bedroom. Very well done indeed, I rec'd & DL. And speaking of challenges, I decided to use quite a bit of yellow in my WIP, which when I upload it will be a cabin. :D
    edited December 2010
    Judiland wrote:
    Oh! Very well done, as always! :wink: I'm sure Ms. Ruthless will be quite proud. Of course you got me with the blue! My favorite color, and everyone who comes to my house in RL knows that instantly, it blue up all over in here. My favorite part of this new home you have built is the Piano alcove, how lovely! My sister (who plays piano very well,) would go nut's for such a place with a view. But in truth the entire place is well laid out, and has that awesome opulent Victorian feel to it. I'd feel like a queen in that gorgeous master bedroom. Very well done indeed, I rec'd & DL. And speaking of challenges, I decided to use quite a bit of yellow in my WIP, which when I upload it will be a cabin. :D

well i hope she is. after all she's the queen of vics :)

i am glad the blue is a hit. i love prussian blue but due to its richness it can be quite difficult to work with. as for the alcove, i actually built this prior to LN coming out and decided a piano would go perfectly there. i also got to use the glitter and glam bed and i really like it as just went so well here.

looking forward to the yellow cabin. another challenging colour but its rewarding when you have finished a challenge like that :)
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2010
    my oh my! You did it! Absolutely stunning! :D

I love that Prussian Blue. The flow throughout this house is just perfect!

Well done, you!
    :D

DRF from me. Investigating in game! :wink:
    edited December 2010
    my oh my! You did it! Absolutely stunning! :D

I love that Prussian Blue. The flow throughout this house is just perfect!

Well done, you!
    :D

DRF from me. Investigating in game! :wink:

thanks stu. i tried very hard with this build. i am just surprised i amde it :lol: