Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I not get bored of a sim or family.

Well I get bored easily of familys so I create alot of new sim familys and house holds but I want something different anyone got any ideas how to not get bored. I feel like trying a sim who lives in one of the premade trailer houses and works her way up so that she never ages (Ambrosia or w/e)

Comments

• AliceCullenAliceCullen Posts: 408 New Member
    edited January 2010
    For me, it's all about the goals you set for your sims. I know families might seem boring once in a while, but keep going. Have your sims get married, have children.

If you have WA, go on vacations.
    If you're using cheats, don't. They can make the game boring. Fast.
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited January 2010
    Im against cheating
  • RattiesAndMonkeyRattiesAndMonkey Posts: 24
    edited January 2010
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Im against cheating

Yeah, ditto on that.
  • transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2010
    I actually have a lot of fun just making sims in CAS. I do play as well, particularly since getting WA, but I spend more time in CAS than in the actual game.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited January 2010
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Well I get bored easily of familys so I create alot of new sim familys and house holds but I want something different anyone got any ideas how to not get bored. I feel like trying a sim who lives in one of the premade trailer houses and works her way up so that she never ages (Ambrosia or w/e)

Try not to let your Sims' lives be so perfect. Add some drama, maybe one half of a couple will cheat, for instance, and get caught at it. Mix it up a bit. I found out the hard way my manner of play was causing boredom to set in until EA came out with a new EP with new things to experience or new interactions. So, I changed the way I played my families. I went outside of the box I'd unconsciously put them in. No more perfect little families with perfect little lives ...
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited January 2010
    There are a lot of Player made challenges or make your own.

Like start your sim off in a trailer, but keep throwing "wrenches" into the works.

Like she has a job opportunity to go to France (if you have WA), and she had just enough money, but blew it on . . .something.

Now she has to wait even longer for the promotion.

She "finds" a child on her doorstep and the child has no one else to look after it, so she takes it upon herself to do so. (You'll have to adopt)

Now money is even tighter.

Stuff like that.
  • annaangel23annaangel23 Posts: 384 New Member
    edited January 2010
    What I do when I'm bored with making them go to work, having them eat, getting their mood up, sleeping, and repeating the cycle, I start expirementing. Like finding the secret traits. I'll have one sim cheat on her husband while he's away and see if they ever get caught. Make them have a child with someone else. visiting and exploring the catacombs. Seeing how many times i can kill an unlucky sim in how many different ways. Seeing all that you can plant and cooking with it. Trying to find all the fish. Trying to complete your skill journal. There are so many, you just have to find them. Hope that helped! :D
  • codkid200codkid200 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    example 1 of an interesting life story-
    Make a sim ( male or female) then meet another sim, have kids, get married then one sim has an affair whilst the other is having one too then the sims want a divorce and the father can't see the kids, so he kidnaps the kids (by using testingcheatsenabled and add to active family) then the dad dies and the mum takes them back or something like that...

i love making stuff up like that and 1 cheat will never hurt...
    hope this helps :)
  • MinniesMovingMinniesMoving Posts: 22 New Member
    edited May 2013
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Im against cheating

I agree, what's the point?
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited May 2013
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Im against cheating

I agree, what's the point?
    I think the point is it is a sandbox game so they make the cheats for those who wish to use them and those who don't can just ignore them. Because it is a sandbox and you don't have true competitors there is no moral issue so everyone is free to play as they wish...Oh happy days.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    You can try getting more badges, some are nice challenges when you run out of the usual challenges like lifetime wishes.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    I totally love my sim I made in November and find it hard to play any other sim. She has the age freeze potion and my aim for her is to eventully max out every possible hidden skill.

But I do occasionally take a break from her and play a game of 'chasing around the houses' which is quite entertaining. I make a single sim who does the usual thing of work and so on ( I dont cheat, dont like cheats, but no reason why you shouldnt if you want to). So when they are a bit established they meet someone, maybe get married and move in either way. The partner then plays around, finds a new love and divorces my sim, leaving them with any children they may have had.

The partner sim moves on to the newloves house. The new love then finds a new partner and moves on, and then their partner does the same. And so it goes on, the new partner eachtime finds a new love and leaves the old partner behind. You are always then playing new sims in new houses, while the old partners and children are still around town so that you can catch up with their lives when you feel like it.

It makes for an interesting game play, and you get to know the sims around town much better.
  • MeganDownhamMeganDownham Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I love building houses. Even if it's not very good my Sims can live there and then after a while move on to a different house. I like the Sims to have kids with different personalities then their parents which makes it more interesting.
  • blonde112blonde112 Posts: 9
    edited June 2014
    I had the same problem.For a change try to do challenges or tv shows (Hunger games, Big brother ect) If you get bored of that Like people said Do something out your comfort zone. Cheating makes things alot easier and spoils the whole moral of what the sims is actually about. If you have a passion for houses build lots of houses,If you love legacies try the wackiest you can think or find (Like a Fruitacy,houseacy) If that does not work take a rest from the sims 3. Do someother stuff like read or go for a nice walk :D hope that helped :)