Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sculpting Error, Would anyone know how to fix?

I seem to be having a little error with my landscape and I don't know what’s going on. Here's the problem, I'm trying to make a city to make some machinima on and I decided to use the river side stuff that came with WA to use in my city. This meant that I had to flatten the land at the top.
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/NoTimeStudios/CAW Shots/CAWShot6.png
Now this is the part that is annoying, I look at one side of my canal and all of a sudden my flattened land just goes all weird.
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/NoTimeStudios/CAW Shots/CAWShot7.png
And this happens whenever I move the camera away from this area, get close to it and it returns to normal. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it stay flat even when I move the camera away from that location?

Comments

• juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2010
    Oh..
    So I'm not the only one having problems using the riverwalls then :?
    Same thing is happening to me but worse, first off, I can't get the ground to give a sharp enough cut so that the terrain doesn't show through.
    Then when I zoom back it's even worse, looks just like yours.
    How did you get the walls so close to the terrain in the first close-up pic?
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated :D
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Instead of using one segment I used two (one behind the other) and created the layout of my canal. After that I edited the terrain. It sucks that you can’t use the square brush for sculpting terrain, it’s so annoying using the circle one.
  • barloubarlou Posts: 558 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Where do you find the river walls
    thanks
    edited January 2010
    Under fencing, it's called RiverSide.
    It has the Wall and the end pieces, bit tricky to use, you have to fiddle with them a bit.
    And if you think you haven't got the wall part just turn it around :-)
  • barloubarlou Posts: 558 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks!
    edited January 2010
    No problem :D
    It's nice too see another Aussie on here! :mrgreen: